• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
People standing in the middle of the sidewalk, blocking foot traffic.

Anyone speaking with those guys who sell tickets to the top of the Empire State Building outside.

Anyone taking a pedicab. Anyone taking a horse-drawn carriage.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Socks with sandals, red skin like a lobster, flipflops for hiking, topless women(god bless), calling the sea ''water'' as if it's a lake or something, buying bottled water instead of drinking it from the tap.

There is a phenomenon of Czech tourists dying by silly drowning or being stranded on mountains while wearing flipflops. When we hear anything related to tourists dying or in trouble, our first thoughts are ''ffs, Czechs, not again''

Croatia

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
170216_0087pikeplace.jpg

This is the Pike Place Market.

It is NOT Pike's Place. Pike is a street, not a person.

Also, I know you're a tourist if you say Seattle is boring but never leave downtown or the area around the Space Needle.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Seeing all the different licence plates on the road during winter season.....I'm so glad it's summer time soon and they will all go home. <3
But it will be hot as sin even at midnight. :(

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone talking about the Mall of America and sounding remotely excited about it. Literally no one around here goes to MoA if it can be avoided

Oct 25, 2017
I think the funniest tourism that I see in my area is when a huge bus pulls up to a worthless nowhere parking lot and a bunch of folk with cameras pour out and start taking pictures of burger king or a del taco or some shit like that. It's a regular sight around here.

I'm just thinking to myself, dudes, your destination is probably still another 30 minutes away but if you're this excited already I think you'll have a blast later haha welcome to the USA.

So I guess my answer is when I catch people taking pictures of burger king. Nobody here wants a picture of a burger king.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I think the funniest tourism that I see in my area is when a huge bus pulls up to a worthless nowhere parking lot and a bunch of folk with cameras pour out and start taking pictures of burger king or a del taco or some shit like that. It's a regular sight around here.

I'm just thinking to myself, dudes, your destination is probably still another 30 minutes away but if you're this excited already I think you'll have a blast later haha welcome to the USA.

So I guess my answer is when I catch people taking pictures of burger king. Nobody here wants a picture of a burger king.
LOL, wtf? That is hilarious.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Anyone talking about the Mall of America and sounding remotely excited about it. Literally no one around here goes to MoA if it can be avoided
Funny when I lived near west Edmonton mall we used to go like 3x a week for driving range , food, pubs , bars , movies... but not on fucking weekends
Edit- should also clarify never ever shopped there either

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Crocs/sandals with white socks. Stopping at yellow lights.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
- Left side of the escalator
- Segways
- Ever being anywhere near the mall for any reason
- MAGA hats
- 90% of any white people that appear between the ages of 10 and 20 (too old to be gentrification babies and too young to be gentrifiers themselves)

guess where!

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say if you see someone walking downtown with one of these
EtxFnvE.png

full of these
50QEvzi.png

it is a high probability they are tourists. The line for the downtown location is generally ridiculous.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle: Anybody using an umbrella.

In Philadelphia, it's people who eat at Pat's or Geno's.
OK, so my wife is from the Philadelphia area and her brother always takes me to either Pat's or Geno's and they're terrible. I thought cops were supposed to know where to find good food. Maybe he secretly hates me.

My wife and I will be in the area in a few months. Where do we go to get a good cheesesteak?

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Also, in Scottsdale...anyone who stops to take pictures and gawk at Ferrari's, Rolls Royce, and Lambos. Seeing them in Scottsdale is a common occurrence, you peasants! Get used to it!

Nah, but really, natives just don't give a shit about people's stupid displays of wealth, because anybody who comes here for status is clearly not from here.

Last edited:

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
- Left side of the escalator
- Segways
- Ever being anywhere near the mall for any reason
- MAGA hats
- 90% of any white people that appear between the ages of 10 and 20 (too old to be gentrification babies and too young to be gentrifiers themselves)

guess where!

Ha.

Although I always assume at least a quarter of people on the Mall live in Capitol Hill.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Short pants and ill fitting clothes.

The general population In my city is stylish af compared to casual American/European standards.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I'm in the mountains and people start bitching about the air being too thin, and whining that they need oxygen to live.

Fucking tourists.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I spent a week there and got a sense you were supposed to pronounce it with a definite S sound
Wearing L.L. Bean attire and ordering a lobster or speaking French and wearing Speedos.
So, French canadians in New England?
Anyone in the Duck boats or waiting in line at Mike's pastry.
Wherever I can get sfogliatelle is the best Italian bakery in Boston and at Mike's they only got lobster tails

Last edited:

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I was gonna say in Colorado it is usually tourists getting drunk at breweries, but locals do it too haha. People asking about dispensaries is a good one. Definitely hiking and not knowing any hiking etiquette. Also, driving in the mountains. Please use caution. I know you just drove through the flatness of Kansas and eastern Colorado, but you have to change your driving when you're going up through the mountains.