• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
We get thousands of tourists. They are either Chinese showing pics on their phones of things they want to buy, groups of foreign school kids all dressed the same, or Americans thinking they're in London.

Love them though. It's so interesting talking to them about why they came, what they're doing, where they came from. Americans are the best, so friendly and talkative.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cameras, though that would be universal. Pretty funny how citizens never bother taking pictures of their mundane experiences.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Asking for free tap water.
Standing in line to get on top this monstrosity.

100_3550.JPG

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I work in downtown Houston and frequent the tunnel system under downtown for lunch. There are some mind boggling useless tunnel maps posted every now and then in the tunnel.

Every so often I see someone in shorts and a t-shirt looking at the map. That's how I know.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I work in downtown Houston and frequent the tunnel system under downtown for lunch. There are some mind boggling useless tunnel maps posted every now and then in the tunnel.

Every so often I see someone in shorts and a t-shirt looking at the map. That's how I know.

LOL when I went to downtown Houston, I didn't even know there was a tunnel system in downtown.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Flip flops in winter. Sure Barcelona is hot like 80% of the time but it can get cold on occasion and you can spot tourists when it's cold outside, the locals are wearing winter wear and the tourists go full flip flops, sunglasses and shorts lol

Germans are adorable with their sandals and white socks.

English tourists you can tell by the trail of piss, puke and bad manners and entitlement. Sorry England ERA but you know it's true.

Oct 30, 2017
Big build (usually overweight), baseball cap with optional sunglasses, cargo shorts = American. You can generally spot a Yank a mile away in Ireland.

Huge group of VERY LOUD tanned teenagers gathered together in the middle of the foopath = Spanish students. Every. Fucking. Summer. In Cork at least. They're like a plague.
This starter pack is scarily accurate.
sB8NUp1.jpg

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
When it's 28-30 degrees C in the middle of July in Oslo and everyone's walking around half naked, and you see these groups of tourists downtown wearing winter jackets and scarves and shit, because "NORWAY IS COLD, RIGHT?"

Also, tourists being utterly oblivious to everything and everyone around them is universal regardless of country

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Japanese tourists that dress like they're in the middle of the jungle when it's actually in the middle of a Swiss city. lol

Most other Asian tourists dress much more casually.

elseanio

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure they're the ones taking pictures of the churches.

I don't see that many international tourists up north, besides in York and Howarth, they're probably mostly drawn to London or Edinburgh.

Plenty in Liverpool taking pictures of an ordinary house because one the fab four once passed through.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
One tell is that they are wearing the onesies they have been given to them by the safari companies to survive the climate.

Like so:

woman-overall-winter-equipment-for-activities-in-lapland.jpg

A lot of tourists come here from warm countries and understandably they do not own winter clothing, so they all get the "tourist uniform".

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Standing in a big group blocking the fucking pavement (sidewalk) on a busy street while oblivious to everyone around them.

Weirdly enough, I've seen Londoners do this in Edinburgh during the festival season (August), and I always wonder if it's some form of revenge.

I worked there a bunch of times while it was on, and it was a nightmare. I think a lot of people don't realise there's a proper city still there with people needing to get to work.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
In Oxford, you can guarantee that 99% of people wearing a University of Oxford hoody are either a towny or a tourist, more likely the latter - rather than student/staff. It's a subtler one than other universal tourist signs.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Wearing any Boston related gear that is not Red Sox/celts/bruins stuff. Or if you are making over exaggerated Boston accent jokes like "pahk the cah in hahvahd yahd" as a Cambridge resident I am painfully aware that parking around Harvard yard is almost nonexistent, also very few people close to the city center have that thick of an accent. Gotta head out a bit to get unvarnished new england

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Anyone waiting on Hyman's seafood downtown. Trash tier food but they advertise heavily at the airport.

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
anyone who actually waits for the pedestrian walk signal in Boston is a tourist or a cop

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the year in Miami it is a little hard to tell, many of the tourists are Latinx and they blend in very well with the city. When Spring Break came around it was pretty obvious though.

Feb 3, 2018
In Bangkok, can confirm. Dad-core outfits.

I shudder at the thought had to travel through Nana and see these fucking guys there old enough to by dad walking around drooling at the girls.

It's really an amazing sight to travel on the BTS skytrains and see all the dudes getting off at Nana at around 7pm you know what they are there for.

Jul 20, 2018
I don't see a lot of tourists in Buffalo. If I go to Niagara Falls I'd bet a lot of people there are, but I rarely go.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm always confused for a local since I'm such a stylist dresser ;P