• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What retail price do you expect for the PS5 DualSense controller?

• $99.99

Votes: 31 3.1%
  • $89.99

Votes: 39 3.9%
  • $79.99

Votes: 212 21.1%
  • $69.99

Votes: 403 40.1%
  • $59.99 (DualShock 4 price)

Votes: 321 31.9%

• Total voters

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Clearly the most feature rich controller to ever be included with a console.
  • Haptic Feedback​
  • Adaptive triggers (programmable resistance)
  • Create (share) button​
  • Speaker​
  • Touch surface​
  • Large rechargeable battery (longer lasting than DS4)
  • Microphone array (probably doubled up for setting up soundscape calibration for their dedicated Tempest Audio chip/engine?)
  • Gyro​
  • Lightbar moved to the front (indicating inside-out 6DOF tracking for PSVR2?)
  • USB Type C​
  • Headphone Audio Jack (confirmed here)​
What retail price do you expect?

EVCvc6DUYAEogto

Last edited by a moderator:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly the most feature rich controller to ever be included with a console.
  • Haptic Feedback​
  • Adaptive triggers (programmable resistance)
  • Create (share) button​
  • Speaker​
  • Touch surface​
  • Large rechargeable battery (longer lasting than DS4)
  • Microphone array (probably doubled up for setting up soundscape calibration for their dedicated Tempest Audio chip/engine?)
  • Gyro​
  • Lightbar moved to the front (indicating inside-out 6DOF tracking for PSVR2?)
  • USB Type C​
  • Headphone Audio Jack (confirmed here)​
What retail price do you expect?

EVCvc6DUYAEogto
Same price the DualShock 4 controller had at launch.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
off the top of my head $80. if it's included with console i can't imagine it'd be too nuts (assuming the whole thing comes in ~$600)

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if ds4 will be compatible with ps5. Has there been any info on that? Could be nice as a backup

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Normal controller price. Why on Earth would a controller suddenly cost more that $60 let alone close to $100 😂

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Like every first party controller in existence, more than it should be.

gamer forever

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
This will be £70, but the features are worth it. I just wish it had a better colour scheme, because i just don't like the look. Going by the tech in the controller, the console is going to be £600 at launch with one controller. The series x will be similarly priced because the controller and console design costs would have been very small compared to sony - probably thousands, whereas sony would have spent millions.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I would have expected the same price as a DS4 but Nintendo have raised the bar on controller prices so I wouldn't be suprised to see Sony take advantage and do the same.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
expensive so they can recoup losses from selling PS5 at $399

I wish the console would launch at that price lol

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
$69.99 for the first few years, then eventually $59.99, and at times $49.99 during sales.

I don't understand why so many are under the delusion that console and peripheral prices should always remain fixed and never increase, despite how many decades may have passed. $69.99 today is not the same as $69.99 twenty or thirty years ago. It was a miracle that the actual game prices remained where they did for as long as they did.

Like every first party controller in existence, more than it should be.

Maybe. Not really going to argue the actual value for what is given, but in my experience you get what you pay for regarding first-party vs third-party. For me that never really changed until Madcatz finally got their shit together when they started releasing the Fightsticks back in 2009. Price gouging in tech is definitely a thing though, there's no denying that.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
$89.99.

People saying $59.99, it's nice to want things but no.
People saying $69.99 or $79.99 because of Switch, after PS5 debuts Switch is previous gen.
And finally, LOL if it's $99.99.

O Vet

Oct 30, 2017
Probably 69,99. The DS4 is at 59,99 and I assume it will be more expensive than that one. But they still want people to buy them

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
$89.99.

People saying $69.99 or $79.99 because of Switch, after PS5 debuts Switch is previous gen.

I'm saying $69.99 because it's ten dollars more than the previous controllers were at launch, and it has nothing to do with the Switch. Just a coincidence. That's at launch though, similarly as with the Xbox One controllers. I had been wanting an XBO controller for a while, but could never really justify the price, and my 360 controller worked just fine on PC. I finally grabbed one though when they dropped to $39.99 during a sale.

It's strange that you "LOL" at $99.99 as being ridiculous, but think $89.99 is what it's going to be. Highly doubtful, and in the most extreme case it will be $79.99 for the first few years.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
This will be £70, but the features are worth it. I just wish it had a better colour scheme, because i just don't like the look. Going by the tech in the controller, the console is going to be £600 at launch with one controller. The series x will be similarly priced because the controller and console design costs would have been very small compared to sony - probably thousands, whereas sony would have spent millions.
The console won't be £600 lol

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Here in the UK I'm expecting a launch price of £59.99. Nintendo charged that for the Switch Pro controller so I don't think people would be too outraged at that price point. If all the features are as good as Sony are saying then I'd probably be willing to throw in an extra £10 on top of that.

Bear in mind though that it has to be cheap enough to manufacture that they can pack one in with every console without having to up the price significantly.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Basically it'll be 10 - 15% higher than before as that's probably as much as you can get away with. Assuming we don't end up with 10% inflation by the end of the year, which is entirely possible tbh.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
$89.99.

How much was the PS3 at launch? $49? And the PS4 was $59.

I picked $59 for this poll.. but I would change it to $69 if I could.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

I'd think Sony would price it based on what they can profitably sell it for based on its cost, not on how Nintendo prices their accessories and which generation the Switch belongs to.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'd obviously want it to be $60 but I just can't see it not being $70 minimum. Hope I'm wrong.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Given that the PS5 will be compatible with the DS4, I would imagine Sony selling this at a higher premium at launch to recoup as much money as possible and reduce the price maybe in year 1 or 2 once production ramps up.

So $69.99 is my vote!

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
No more than the Dualshock 4.
Leave the price alone if you have the best selling controller ever.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I really think they'll try to price it right at $60, but I could see $70 like the Pro Controller. Also Wollan, your link for the audio jack confirmation was broken. I fixed it for you