• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Remedy Game Since 2010?

• Alan Wake

Votes: 147 40.6%
  • Quantam Break

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Control

Votes: 189 52.2%

• Total voters

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Alan Wake is the game that resonated more with me. they really should've done a sequel, huh?
Control is amazing too and i didn't liked Quantum Break that much.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Control is great, Quantum Break is good, Alan Wake is a quite boring gameplay-wise. American Nightmare is the better Alan Wake.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Quantum Break is a masterpiece and the story is fantastic (if you read the e-mails).

4909b159410d71e29ee0c0004d996c59.gif

giphy.gif

Quantum-Break-VGP-Review-GIF-2.gif

^This.

Dont let people steer you away from one of the best underrated gems ever.

Aug 23, 2018
All 3 are great and in GP. Alan wake still holds up well, QB has a great time travel story (and loved the gameplay and power upgrades), and Control nails nearly everything

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Skip Quantum Break entirely. Play Alan Wake and then Control.

Control is the best but Alan Wake is still good.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I would say all three games are tied in terms of world building. In terms of moment to moment gameplay, I would say it goes control is best, then quantum break, then Alan wake. Alan wake's combat is gun at first, but can get a little repetitive. Quantum break has some fun combat with the powers, but it feels like the game just needed to have more combout encounters. As it is they feel too few and far between. Control has the best combat, but like Alan wake it can get a bit repetitive given how long control is compared to the other games and some difficulty spikes are maddening.

I would say play all of the games, but honestly I would start with Alan wake. Because the other games play so much better/have improved presentation, going back to Alan wake after playing them might sour the experience. That said, if you start with Alan wake and don't like it, at least try out the other games.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
About to play through Control! Excited. Might give Quantum Break a shot after. I assume that's on Game Pass

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Alan Wake was never good. I was so disappointed they went from making Max Payne to that. Control is fantastic however.

Quantam Break is like a prototype for Control with lame cross media crap.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
alan wake > QB > control

remedy's games always have a terrific combat loop (yeah, i liked alan wake's!), interesting worlds to explore, great characters and stories. while the combat in control is good, its not up to snuff coming off of QB and i found its world/story/characters less interesting than their other titles.

Mar 19, 2020
Control is the best by a mile. But you should start with Alan Wake which in concept is also amazing. Quantum Break has no bearing on their shared universe and is fine, but I can't really recommend it like the others.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Start with Alan Wake. The Control DLC expects you to have finished it anyway

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Big Remedy fan here...Control is not only one of their best games, but probably in the top 10 best games of the generation.

Id start with that.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm replaying Alan Wake again and it still gets me. The atmosphere is incredible, the characters are interesting, funny and goofy, the soundtrack is amazing. The combat is dull, however, and the controls can be a bit frustrating during the most hectic combat. Remedy really improved on that part in Quantum Break and especially Control. But those two gains completely lack the charm and the fun characters from AW.

Overall, Alan Wake is still the game I prefer.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I would play in that order. Alan wake, quantum, control.

Quantum Break is massively underrated imo and got a lot of flak for the live action portion.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I really love the way Alan Wake is presented, but I can't say I'm a fan of its gameplay (I preferred its XBLA follow-up in that respect). Control plays great and has a Metroidvania flow. You have to put time into reading all the collectibles to get the most out of its world/lore, but in terms of how the game plays, it's my favorite of theirs. QB is more Control than Alan Wake, but I have yet to finish it (after trying multiple times), so I can't speak to that one.

OP
OP
Kevin Shields

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, wildly different opinions here, Alan Wake sounds cool but rough gameplay wise... I may try to give it a shot... Control def winning the poll though

OP
OP
Kevin Shields

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
Update: You all let me down!! Got through them and found Quantum Break to be the best. I need to run through Control again though. Break had amazing combat, awesome time travel story and felt coherent enough to really dig into the Lore. I don't know how much I understood of Control :)

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Alan Wake will always be my favorite but I'm playing Control and I adore it. I don't know if I'd like it as much without the context of their other games though. Over the past 2 weeks I replayed Alan Wake, beat the DLCs for that for the first time, and for the first time played and beat American Nightmare and Quantum Break. Having all that fresh in my head has made Control so enjoyable to dig through. Quantum Break was so good and is probably the most underrated Remedy game to date.