• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
grandpasimpson.gif

It's a tough question going back to at least the civil war since it was a northern state and a frontier state but decided in favor of slavery.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Technically it is in the Midwest, but it is the fucking South through and through.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I live 20-30 minutes from St. Louis. I'd say I'm in the midwest. If I drive 20 minutes further out, near my mom lives, it's pickup trucks and confederate flags. Missouri can be South or Midwest depending where you are in the state. I once saw a truck with a lift kit and some other things I couldn't identify, decked out on all sides with Hulk Hogan decals. I've seen another one with TRUMP in big red letters on both sides and an obnoxiously large American flag waving off an antenna or something.

Apr 24, 2018
Because of sports I used to think south. And then I went to St. Louis for the first time a couple of months ago...and the weather instantly made me change my mind to mid-west (plus someone I know from Kansas City always telling me Missouri is mid-west).

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Draw a line from Cape Girardeau straight west across the state and everything south of there is definitely "The South".

Then it kinda transitions north of there so we'll call it "border area". I've never been to north Missouri but St Louis has folks with straight up northern accents similar to Chicago and some folks who have a more southern backwater accent. It's kind of an interesting area.