• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox One gave us Killer Instinct which over time grew to be a fantastic fighting game, as well as Battletoads being brought back and of course, the Rare Replay bringing some new emphasis on old classics.

Now with the rumored "Perfect Dark" by the Initiative, what Rare IP should return and why?

A few of the Rare IP to pick from:
Banjo Kazooie
Viva Piñata
Kameo
Conker
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Jet Force Gemini

Also, keep in mind, use of the IP does not mean current day Rare has to be the developers. I like that modern Rare is making new IP and new ideas. I think looking at Microsoft's currently owned studio's would be the first to think about where the Rare IPs can be fitted to for new games.

For me personally, I think Doublefine could probably bring Conker justice in the modern realm. Their sense of humor and writing could bring some great commentary and gameplay elements to a modern Conker.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Blast Corps would be an awesome way to show the power of next gen with the building destruction

Jet Force Gemini as a "family friendly Gears of War" would sell the most

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Banjo-Kazooie

Because MS should focus on it since a lot of old platformers came back (Crash, Spyro, etc).

Do a partnership with Playtonic.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
Blast Corps on Series X would be ridiculously amazing.

I'd also love to see Jet Force Gemini remade as a real third-person-shooter instead of that awkward backward ass whatever controls it had on the N64 (and that still suck in Rare Replay even though they "fixed" it).

Also, new Viva Pinata. I freaking LOVE Viva Pinata.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
2D Metroidvania Kameo using her transformations as the upgrades and allow her to access new parts of the map etc.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
Half of them..?

An episodic Conker platformer with each release satirizing a different thing.
Viva Piñata would be a great mobile experience (or scale best for streaming).
More Killer Instinct.
Blast Corps. with modern deformation tech.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only one I think could do with a resurgence is Blast Corps. Otherwise, let them make new games.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
It's Banjo.

Needs it the most. Deserves it the most. Even if it's a Toys For Bob style remake of the N64 games, we need Banjo.

Love Perfect Dark but I don't trust that any developers will have the sense to take all the gameplay features that make that game so beloved. I loved Conker, but he didn't leave the impression on audiences that other franchises did. Blast Corps was awesome, Jet Force would be neat to see and Viva Pinata would make money but "needs" a revival the least.

It's loveable bird and bear time.

We miss them.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
614K2NZ12ZL._AC_.jpg

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Perfect Dark is by far their most interesting IP deserving of a new game, even if it's a change of genre and just brings back the world and characters

I would love to see another Conker game but I don't see it working with the current state of the world, it's much too risky and wouldn't have the same appeal.

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect Dark is ripe for a re-do, but I'd LOOOOOOVE Jet Force Gemini. I know it's not well loved and Ratchet and Clank is basically the same game, but I'd welcome it.

And Banjo, obvs.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's always going to be Banjo until I get a proper new one again.

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
Banjo Kazooie feels inevitable at some point, the industry has been moving more and more towards 90's nostalgia through remakes and new entries into old franchises. Also, how excited people got over Banjo being in smash shows just how relevant the character still is today.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
A Crash N-Sane Trilogy-style remake pack of Banjo 1+2 followed by a third game. Preferably by Playtonic, but I think there are other studios that could do it justice.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
It's time for Banjo-Kazooie to return. I want the guys at Rare who tackle external partnerships and licensing to partner up with a platform studio next. Aside from Banjo-Kazooie, though?

Perfect Dark - As an immersive sim / open ended FPS or a Splinter Cell Conviction/Blaclist style action/stealth game

RC Pro-Am - As a mascot racer with IP from Rare and other Microsoft studios. Structured as Pro-Am 64 / Diddy Kong Racing. Banjo, Kazooie, Gruntilda, Rash, Conker, Raz, Commander Keen, Clippy, etc. as playable characters

Killer Instinct 4 - Self-explanatory. As for future guest characters, I'd love to see them make a full-on crossover fighter instead of putting them in KI4.

Battletoads Next - From making fun of themselves in the Xbox One game, they should hop between dimensions in the sequel and make fun of Xbox IP. The acquisitions shocked even the Battletoads and now they want to prove their worth to Microsoft. First person doom-like. Battletoads & Double Dragonborn. Forza. Toads with chainsaw guns. Etc.

Viva Pinata 3 with a tie-in mobile game.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean, obviously it's Banjo, but I have no idea who could make a truly worthy sequel to the first two games.

Besides like, EPD Tokyo.