• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s your race/ethnicity?

• White

Votes: 852 57.2%
  • Black

Votes: 199 13.4%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 178 11.9%
  • Middle Eastern

Votes: 59 4.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 194 13.0%
  • Native American

Votes: 33 2.2%
  • Other/mixed

Votes: 187 12.6%

• Total voters

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
American.

Half Filipino, half Italian. Don't look like any of my nationities and is always mistaken for being Hispanic. Don't claim either too.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
North African but I suppose the closest option is Middle Eastern. For future reference though, I would say the full category should be MENA (Middle Eastern/North African) as I wouldn't really say I'm Middle Eastern per se.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Brazillian lmao
Probably a mix of Açorian + African + Portuguese + Native brazillian somewhere in the past.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
White. Both parents from the German Westphalia region. With links to Scandinavia and Netherlands in the past centuries. More white is not possible.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm a swede in Sweden with a swedish line going back to at least mid 1800s (only know back to my grandfathers grandfathers father (and a lot of his siblings moved to US around 1850 with unknown fates)). The line probably goes back a couple of more hundred years with white swedish couples, so I'm white as heck. There is trouble researching farther back with the change of last name each generation with common patronymic names (and also not being a part of a house/clan/line (ätt)).

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Your categories are shit. Indians and Chinese lumped together as Asian?
I've never identified with "Asian" as that means "narrow eyes" to most White people.

So quite frankly I don't know what my race is. I always go with Aryan to throw people off, as I can actually lay claim to that term and people get confused because I'm not blue-eyed, White, and blonde.
Then again, where I live, "race" simply is never an issue as it is in the US. Not saying racism doesn't exist, trust me it does, but not this concept of race really.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
puro-paisa.jpg

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
White skin, light brown hair, gray eyes (probably with greenish tint, but this depends on the light).
So somewhere between pretty white and very white, I suppose.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Seems about white as I thought Era would be.

You do realize Indians are Asians right? Indians are not a race.
"Race" is a weird concept to begin with; German Wikipedia flat out describes it as old-fashioned and scientifically disputed.

While yes, Indians are just as Asian as, say Japanese people, the only similarity those two have is that they're from the same and largest continent. I don't how or why you'd want to lump the two together based on that fact alone.
edit: ethnicity is a better term, but even then Indians and Japanese are not of the same ethnicity, sooo

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
"Race" is a weird concept to begin with; German Wikipedia flat out describes it as old-fashioned and scientifically disputed.

While yes, Indians are just as Asian as, say Japanese people, the only similarity those two have is that they're from the same and largest continent. I don't how or why you'd want to lump the two together based on that fact alone.
edit: ethnicity is a better term, but even then Indians and Japanese are not of the same ethnicity, sooo
I fail to see what point you're making.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
How/why is that relevant to this thread?
You're joking right?

A user was complaining about how the options are restrictive and you corrected them for what THEY identify as. Now I went on and corrected you, about how your correction was misguided.
But sure, let's not talk about race in a thread about race.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey. Half Irish, half Egyptian, though born in England.
Nice. I'm Egyptian on my maternal side and have family in Alexandria where my mum born. I was also born and bred in England, although I spent a few years in Egypt as a kid. Been a while since my last visit and do miss my family there and the country itself a great deal. It'll be my fist port of call when the pandemic is over.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Don't know what to select

From my father's side it's pretty much southern (Calabrian) Italian and central/northern Italian.

My mother's side has native peoples from northeastern Brazil, Dutch, black (we don't from exactly where) and Portuguese in no specific proportion (that is, average Brazilian acestry)

I'd say I look Mediterranean white, no one in either France or Italy (not just Paris and Rome) ever seemed to recognize me as foreign (I'd guess Greece and Portugal as well but never been) until I opened my mouth. Am definitely categorized as white in Brazil, have no idea how people in US would qualify me.