• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s your race/ethnicity?

• White

Votes: 852 57.2%
  • Black

Votes: 199 13.4%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 178 11.9%
  • Middle Eastern

Votes: 59 4.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 194 13.0%
  • Native American

Votes: 33 2.2%
  • Other/mixed

Votes: 187 12.6%

• Total voters

Cosmic A

Aug 18, 2018
Mexican-American.

I'm curious about the make up as people usually can say they're a mix of something. I just know that I'm Mexican.

I'm assuming strong spanish background as I'm light skinned, have random red hairs on my head and beard. One of my kids was born with reddish hair but it's turning brown.

My grandfather also had green eyes but most of us didn't get that.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm a black American descendent of chattel enslavement

any ethnic identity before that was forcibly & brutally erased

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I'm from Spain, and very much white in skin complexion. By matter of being from Spain, I believe technically I'd be considered Hispanic in the US, which is interesting to me.
As for ethnicity, I don't know but following my family tree, it seems like my family has been Spaniard for the longest time. I guess technically there could be some blood mixed in there, but in practice, very much so just Spaniard.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm so Irish looking when I go to visit locals ask me for directions.

My one grandfather though is half northern Italian, like in the way in the alps north, and half English with some Delaware along the line, that side of the family was in NA since the 1600s. All my other ancestors only came to the US in the 1920s. Mostly due to the Irish War of Independence and Civil War and my one great grandmother peacing out on fascist Italy.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
One time I made a poll like this in the san francisco subreddit and everyone got mad at me because they suspected i was just trying to prove the demographics were mostly white male 20-something tech engineers as they circle-jerked about pro-gentrification, pro-tech, and anti-houseless rhetoric.

I was right lmao.

That subreddit is full of garbage people.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Half white half Puerto Rican, my grandma used to call me a puerto billy lol. My father came from Yauco Puerto Rico and my moms side originated from West Virginia. Grew up in Cleveland Ohio.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I believe, I have no idea re mad dads side and believe was adopted (Never wanted to have anything to do with him, mum left him pre birth). 1/4 Italian 3/4 English. I am 99.9% English other than some skin which doesn't seem to burn that easily, tans fairly well and often joke the only link to Italy (Well Sicily) is my love of pizza.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
White Scottish. Dad's family have lived here for fuck knows how long. Mam was born here too but her older relatives are Spanish. When the two families come together it's an incredible sight. Spanish people trying to speak English, and Scottish people trying to speak English. Not quite a melting pot of culture.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
A white French dude with just a tiny bit of Italian blood from my mother's side, her grand parents came to France during WW2.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Latino(Brazil) mixed.
Mom and like 90% of her part of the family are white, a part came from Italy three generations ago(not because of the War tho), I don't know anything besides that.
Dad and his entire part are black, I don't know much about his part of the family unfortunately, only the morbid fact that my great-great-grandmother was a slave.

I will do one of those heritage tests one day.

Nov 18, 2020
From my Ancestry DNA:

39% Great Britain
26% Ireland
24% Europe West
3% Scandinavian
3% Finland / Northwest Russia
2% Iberian Peninsula
1% Italy / Greece
1% Middle East
<1% Europe East

AKA scarily British to a fault

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Ridiculously white. We're talking Vampire white. I took a DNA test and it was basically 70% Scandinavian (split about evenly between Norway, Finland and Sweden) with some British, Irish and German thrown into the mix (I live in the USA now, though). As some others have noted of themselves before me, I don't tan, I burn.

Nov 14, 2017
White American, with a healthy mixture of Slovak, Lithuanian, German, Irish, English, and Italian.

And if 23andMe is to be believed, I am 1% Iranian.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
White, mostly Sicilian with some english and one of those dna things said more than 1/8th was made up of Ashkenazi Jew, African and middle eastern. We dont know anything about my dads dad he was adopted and died pretty young.

Culturally I just consider myself italian since thatshow we grew up in a large scilian italian family.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
White American. I traced ancestors from a bunch of countries in Europe- Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Belgium, Austria, Hungary. My grandmother swore one of her grandmothers was full blooded native American but I couldn't find any record and my mom's DNA test didn't find it either- so maybe, maybe not.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
White Finn, my mother's side are from Karelia and left from there because of war. Sadly I don't feel much connection to it personally, never even visited there. And it's under Russian rule now. My mother isn't going to visit again either, last time they were taken for long questioning by armed Russian soldiers.

Last edited:

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm from the North of England. I'm white. The whitest of white. It's actually a bit dull. My mum looked into our family tree and we've always lived in the same little area as working people. You go back and it goes "labourer, labourer, labourer, labourer, labourer, workhouse". I am literally the first person from my family history to move more than 20 miles away from my home town.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I'm Puerto Rican/White mixed. My mom was born in San Juan and my dad was born in Connecticut, my dad's side of the family is of mostly British and Irish ancestry.

I basically just identify myself as Puerto Rican though, if only because I am very visibly not white in terms of my own complexion.