• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What’s your race/ethnicity?

• White

Votes: 852 57.2%
  • Black

Votes: 199 13.4%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 178 11.9%
  • Middle Eastern

Votes: 59 4.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 194 13.0%
  • Native American

Votes: 33 2.2%
  • Other/mixed

Votes: 187 12.6%

• Total voters

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
As the title says, what is everyone's ethnicity on Era? Let's see how diverse this place is! Apologies in advance if I miss something or unintentionally misconstrue something.

Oct 27, 2017
Caucasian persuasion but found out recently we have some Punjabi in us.

My theory is an Indian sailor on a British ship had sex with an Irish dock prostitute and 120 years later here I am.

Oct 27, 2017
White mostly. I'm like 1/16th Native American.
Seems like you have too much Hispanic there. I'd replace some of those with, I don't know, Southeast Asian, Arab or something.

Last edited:

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
As a white American, my immediate ethnic heritage is:

Danish (dad's side) + Czech/Slavic (mom's side) + a pinch of German (both sides)

OP
OP
KAMI-SAMA

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Lol sorry guys I didn't know there was a limit to the poll answer options. When I was looking for an edit button I accidentally hit submit. Mods you can close this thread if you want lol.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I... really don't like identifying myself as "Hispanic white." I would never in a million years consider myself white, but there is no choice for just Hispanic.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
Black/Native American, with (unfortunately) some White mixed in due to White Men raping my ancestors.

I don't claim that part of my heritage however.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Half Dutch from my mom side and a quarter native Mexican from my grandmother on my dad's side. My grandfather on my dad's side was a a very large mix of several things (I know he had Spanish blood, I know he had French blood, I'm pretty sure there is some native blood etc) so I just say I'm white because I am more Dutch than anything else, despite my Hispanic name and somewhat Hispanic appearance I don't identify with that culture at all

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Completely omitting my middle eastern/arab brothers and sisters in the poll but have multiple Hispanic options da fuck

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the option for South Asians and Arabs?

Should be;

American Indian or Alaska Native. ...
Asian. ...
Black or African American. ...
Hispanic or Latino. ...
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander. ...
White.

Then allow posters to elaborate

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Why include a poll with this discussion?

My thoughts too. Even assuming OP could have fit all the ethnicities they had in mind in the poll... race and ethnicity is a fluid concept whose interpretation will vary from culture to culture, even person to person. A poll serves no purpose, least of all on an international forum.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My mom is Irish, first born here. I always forget what city my grandparents came over from, I want to say Cork.

My father is Filipino, immigrant, came over via the Navy.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
African-American with some admixture I frankly couldn't give a damn about.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm mostly white European (English, Irish, Finnish) but I'm 25% Native American and a registered member of the Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma. My grandfather was born and raised there before moving to Washington state as a teenager.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
White. Hungarian, with it bit of the Romanian flavoring.

I do find it interesting that a lot of my black co workers seem not consider me white. Maybe it's that my hair is black?

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Black american, I may or may not have some German in me because of my last name