• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Off topic, but it would be cool if clicking the shifted logo would take someone to a special stickied thread about that logo (clicking the resetera text would still take a user to the home page, though)

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Off topic, but it would be cool if clicking the shifted logo would take someone to a special stickied thread about that logo (clicking the resetera text would still take a user to the home page, though)
This is a good suggestion and something that should happen ASAP

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com

seems relevant if they want to bring attention to whatever they are trying to honor.

no idea what that blue logo was supposed to be about earlier this week. Just looked like a firework or something?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Biden win.

Still no clue what the bloody q-tips were from the last few weeks.
logo-workmark-v1.png

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
On top of Trans Awareness Week and various other trans positive things that have happened (like the Biden nomination), it doesn't even need a reason because inclusivity is dope and the trans community is rad af.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I think it should definitely be the default when there's nothing else going on, imo. It's honestly what looks the best as a default icon.

Oct 27, 2017
Correct.

Halloween logo. The full logo had a few other "spooky" elements added to it.
Hey Sophia, I have a suggestion, but I don't know where to put it.

Maybe when we update the logo, we can hyperlink it (like Google does with their doodles), to the issue it's promoting?

That way people don't have to make threads like these asking what's happening, and can get their information way faster!

If that's too tedious, I get it. Just wanted to throw the idea out

Lol, idk how i missed this comment. Seems people are already on the same page, in terms of requesting this

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Sophia, I have a suggestion, but I don't know where to put it.

Maybe when we update the logo, we can hyperlink it (like Google does with their doodles), to the issue it's promoting?

That way people don't have to make threads like these asking what's happening, and can get their information way faster!

If that's too tedious, I get it. Just wanted to throw the idea out

Not sure how realistically feasible this is. Same with Lump's idea. But I will make note of it.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how realistically feasible this is. Same with Lump's idea. But I will make note of it.
Extremely feasible.

Instead of linking to the homepage it links either to wiki or a custom write-up hosted on Era. I'm sure a member volunteer would do it each month or whatever.

People want it. It's a huge hit with Google.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely like the changing logo but agree it should link to something relevant.

As many have posted I often don't know what the changes represents besides the obvious christian holidays.

iwam

Aug 7, 2019

It would be neat the first time, but quickly become annoying everytime I click it to access the homepage. Maybe there could be another way to surface things (eg putting it in the sidebar or quick jump menu)?

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
The only problem would be that i click the logo in mobile to head back home, but maybe there's a cool way to make it work for computer users.