• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I always like having the option to "jump" when I have control of a character. Feels incredibly odd when I can't :(.
It's always fun to jump in certain JRPGs all of a sudden to not be able to jump in another JRPG. Feels super odd to me.

(Back then during the 360/PS3 era, it'd bother me when subtitles weren't included such as in the original Assassin's Creed.)

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rolling in 3rd person games. Not having it in TLOU2 threw me off. Kept trying to roll when enemies got close.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Jumping. Movement feels so limited without it imo, it's honestly hard for me to play most games that aren't platformers.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i will go a step further than the op

when jump is on another button that is not the bottom one in the face of the controller (x for playstation for example)

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
After years of Destiny, i don't much care for not being able to slide in any FPS.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fast travel. I think most decent developers have learned to incorporate it these days. Which makes the ones that don't stand out even more. Seriously. Driving/riding/running for 10 minutes to get from A-B is not entertainment.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Parry. Why even have Block if you can't perfect guard?

i will go a step further than the op

when jump is on another button that is not the bottom one in the face of the controller (x for playstation for example)
Light attack needs to be on square, and heavy needs to be on triangle. God of War's default controls just did not work for me, even if I understand why they did it that way.

Thecrunked

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always trying to activate detective vision constantly in every game. I hate it as a mechanic, especially cause it's jammed into so many games. I hate that I am conditioned to try to use it constantly even though I hate it as mechanic

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
or when you accidentally skip a cutscene expecting the start button to pause it :(
Its a shame games don't have a "cutscene recap" in the menu or something akin to that. Love that the Ps5 activities will get you up to speed but yeah, pausing is a big one for me.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Invert-Y

Nintendo can be pretty bad about this, depending on which team developed the game. Fall guys on PS4 was an unpleasant surprise though.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Fast travel. I think most decent developers have learned to incorporate it these days. Which makes the ones that don't stand out even more. Seriously. Driving/riding/running for 10 minutes to get from A-B is not entertainment.
Yep, this. Jedi Fallen Order comes to mind immediately.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I liked how some games on the PS4 utilized the touch pad so that say, for example, you tap the left side and it brings up your map, you touch the right side it opens up your inventory. It bugs me when games that could benefit from this just use it as one big button instead of utilizing it like that.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017

Same, sometimes I may be in the mood or just able to soak up the ambiance while going A to B, but when I just want to get there ASAP for whatever the reason, it's great to have a fast travel option.

Also, quick saves / the ability to save wherever and whenever.