• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just living my life as normal. I have stocked up on a few things just in case but nothing crazy like some people have out there. If this becomes more widespread where I live then it just happens. Worrying about it and having it effect your daily life is just silly. If I get sick I will stay home. The mass hysteria especially in the western world that this has created is not doing anybody favors and just makes the situation worse than it is.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing but washing my hands more thoroughly and working from home if I do get anything. I'm not going to contribute to the mass panic of people buying stuff they don't need and taking it away from the people who need it more.
This.

I just can't imagine any of the stuff I regularly need to be in short supply where I live, even if shit gets serious.

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
Why stock up? If the world comes to an end,, people will target and ransack your house for goods.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed some groceries, beyond that nothing really. Making sure I'm more diligent about washing my hands when I get home and not touching my face. Worst case scenario if I really have to quarantine I can just have family drop stuff off outside my door.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Cant do much except washing your damn hands and staying home if I'm sick. I work at Disneyland, it's only a matter of when

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in eastern Washington so it's almost certainly here already. I bought some supplies this week but that's about it. I work from home so I'm not going out anyway.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Been preparing since January. Feel pretty good. I don't need to worry about the store and grocery store rushes as they escalate in the coming days.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We got roughly 30 cases in my city, some in my district as well. I wash my hands regularly and that's about it. Not in panic over it at all to be honest. The reactions online seem a bit much. People emptying my fucking super market are a pain in the ass.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Farming for food security and local, equitable food systems that can support our community and keep us healthy and fed.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
just got off the phone with my mom all freaking out. i told her we're all going to die anyway and it's whatever, just go about your biz

of course you want to make precautions like washing your hands more, not shaking hands and all that but i'm not going to buy $500 of bottled water and potatoes and wear a mask all day. even if i lived in the more affected areas (we're up to 20 in my general area so far)

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I'm doing nothing, I survived getting swine flu and I was in really bad health before I got it. I'm in really good physical shape now so I shall just wash my hands like normal and avoid any one that looks sick.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
I have food, soap, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc stocked up.

My fiancee and I are getting married in April and then flying to Hawaii for our honeymoon. So just going to take extra precautions during that time since our risk of getting infected will be elevated.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I live in Seattle and doing nothing different. We always use purel wipes at the grocery (they all have them at the entrance) and are weary of touching things in public and that sort of thing. If one of us gets the virus we'll have some groceries delivered to our doorstep. I don't understand this desire to stock up when you live in an urban area.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I live in the Seattle area (currently Bellevue, but moving back to Seattle in a few weeks).

I'm working from home already (per company instructions), so that's limited a lot of human interaction. I stocked up on some more groceries than usual last week (i.e, a couple extra cans of soup or whatever).

Other than that, just making sure I wash my hands regularly. I was already regularly washing them for 20+ seconds before COVID-19, so not much has changed there. Similarly, I was already coughing into the crook of my arm anyway.

Just trying to be extra vigilant is all.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Considering me and my girlfriend are late 20's and very healthy, we're not even close to people who would be at risk from this thing. So we've just made sure we have enough food in the house if we both happen to get ill at the same time and can't shop, washing our hands a little more, if I cough I've been doing the elbow thing. Shit like that. All that needs done, really. Some people definitely need to chill a bit when it comes to stock-piling.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing really. It's kind of already here, Chicagoland is probably teaming with this stuff already. Just trying to be hygienic.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Not really anything. I live alone and eat at home a lot, so I often have enough to stay here two weeks if need be.

Just trying to wash my hands more and be more mindful of touching my face.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All prepped on essentials. We overbuy food as it is so we have a fully stocked pantry and chest freezer that I bet we can live on for a month.

if we run out of bread or milk I have things to make both from scratch (dried milk, flour, sugar, yeast). Lots of dried pastas and rice. Canned foods including beans.Frozen veggies and meat. A couple boxes of emergen-C vitamins.

both me and my wife can work remotely. Have some cash on hand in case of real trouble.

plenty of soap and other stuff.

the only thing we are heading out for tonight is a case of wine.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I work in direct, high-level patient care.

I obey the strict hygiene guidelines, understand the disease and most of all, don't lose my shit over sensationalist crap I read online. This is not a flesh-eating zombie virus, do your part, reduce the chance of unnecessary transmission and you'll be fine.

OP
OP
TheUnseenTheUnheard

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I work in direct, high-level patient care.

I obey the strict hygiene guidelines, understand the disease and most of all, don't lose my shit over sensationalist crap I read online. This is not a flesh-eating zombie virus, do your part, reduce the chance of unnecessary transmission and you'll be fine.
If you think it's the virus itself you need to worry about...lol

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All prepped on essentials. We overbuy food as it is so we have a fully stocked pantry and chest freezer that I bet we can live on for a month.

if we run out of bread or milk I have things to make both from scratch (dried milk, flour, sugar, yeast). Lots of dried pastas and rice. Canned foods including beans.Frozen veggies and meat. A couple boxes of emergen-C vitamins.

both me and my wife can work remotely. Have some cash on hand in case of real trouble.

plenty of soap and other stuff.

the only thing we are heading out for tonight is a case of wine.

What's your plan to make milk from scratch? Seems like you'd need a cow, but you didn't list that in your supplies.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing yet but there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in my city yet. We've got a grocery run tomorrow so we'll probably stock up on sims extra canned goods. Other than that I can work from home and have my kindle and switch ready.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
It's starting to look like an outbreak will last for months so a two week supply does not seem like enough. You'd have to go out to buy more during the worst part of the outbreak.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Fearmongering
Just living my life as normal. I have stocked up on a few things just in case but nothing crazy like some people have out there. If this becomes more widespread where I live then it just happens. Worrying about it and having it effect your daily life is just silly. If I get sick I will stay home. The mass hysteria especially in the western world that this has created is not doing anybody favors and just makes the situation worse than it is.
Half a million people are going to die in the US in the BEST case scenario.

Oct 25, 2017
Basically just need to figure out how work will deal with it. I can remote in, since I'm a programmer, but people are still dicks about working from home even under a potential looming disaster. I might consider just threatening to quit if it was serious enough, and I have plenty of non-perishables and water so I'm not too concerned about whether or not I'd be able to deal with the isolation aspect. It would probably help a lot with my weight loss. Unfortunately, I'd be very concerned for my parents; I stay at home to help them out and they're definitely in the age range where if they got it they'd probably both die. Not sure what I'd do with myself if that happened.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not more than I normally do to keep the spread low just in case. some of my colleagues are terrified and I have no clue why, they are all fit healthy 20 to 30 year olds. The media is the real disease here.
edit: I am more worried about people emptying stores and society breaking down in a mass panic then I am of actually getting it.