• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is all completely speculative and just for a bit of fun, but are there any features that the new consoles we'll soon be seeing might have that havent yet been announced?

There's the obvious ones like PS5 having full backwards compatibility that would be huge for many, but I'm sure there are some lesser things people have encountered this generation and thought "man, we could really use that next gen".

For example, I'd love a party group feature where I could set up a pre-made list all of my usual gaming friends, and just immediately set up a party and send all the invites to the people on that list with one button push. I'd also like the Xbox games list to get rid of the banners for 360 (and going forward probably XB1) tiles to distinguish that they are backwards compatible titles. I know it's a weird complaint but I just think it makes my games list look messy.

Thoughts?

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
The price tag.

Sorry.
Currently I am not hoping for anything because I'll stick with PC gaming.

I was hoping that Microsoft comes out and just says "Every game on the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 is NOW backwards compatible". THAT would have been a mic drop moment, if I ever saw one considering we already now the hardware and stuff like that.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I was hoping that Microsoft comes out and just says "Every game on the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 is NOW backwards compatible". THAT would have been a mic drop moment, if I ever saw one considering we already now the hardware and stuff like that.

I came to post this. Right now, there is no good reason for me to buy one as the owner of a high-end PC. But being able to play all my Xbox games from across 4 generations, including my beloved MechAssault? Now that would be an awesome reason!

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Is some type of machine learning even a possibility at this point? Because I'd love that.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for PS5 to let me suspend and resume multiple games at a time, and for the suspend to survive a restart. It'd be nice if Sony made good on their promise from the last Playstation meeting where they said you'd be able to try out every game or something to that effect with Playstation now. Really, deeper ps now integration would be superb.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
  • Gyro on Xbox controller.
  • Per game button etc mapping on PS5 using a standard UI ala Steam Input.
  • Gyro aim as a recommended feature devs implement.
  • Four paddle back button attachment for PS5 controller that actually adds buttons rather than remaps existing ones. Doesn't mean you can't game without it, just that you can map more actions in there if you have the attachment.
Pretty much all my complaints about consoles have to do with the controllers more than anything. I know the next gen ones can deliver good framerates and great graphics.

Last edited:

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a simple man, the ability to disable L3/R3 'click stick in' functionality, and re-map them to a yet-to-be-announced Dualsense rear paddle add-on. I'm tired of crouching/meleing accidentally when in the middle of shooting people.

Everything already announced sounds stellar and I have no real requests except for the price and date.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I wanted the PS5 to have some integration with Google Assistant but I doubt it. I also wish it could play Youtube Music instead of being locked to Spotify, probably not happening either.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly intrigued about better options from the create button. This includes better video capture quality, easier eays to edit and create videos, and more options for streaming content (like no need to go to obs or use a capture device for more robust options).

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Does PSVR2 count as a PS5 feature? If it doesn't I'm going with digitial purchases from PSVita carrying over and full Vita/PSP compatibility (or at least Vita TV).

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted the PS5 to have some integration with Google Assistant but I doubt it. I also wish it could play Youtube Music instead of being locked to Spotify, probably not happening either.

AirPlay/Chromecast support would be dope. The Xbox has the option of purchasing the AirServer app that lets you do this, which I used to use to listen to podcasts while I played. Can't do that on the PS4. Hope it changes... but probably not.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Trophies/achievements that actually translate into real, interesting rewards like X% off on games

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh, forgot about this. Definitely one I'd want.

No more guessing how much time I've put into a game would be amazing.
You can see that on Xbox one. Press the menu button on the game you want to see. Click on official club (the main page for that game). In the progress tab you can select "stats" to see time played. It even ranks you and friends.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do like talks about booting straight into a game session. Id love to see more of that.

ie, hold down Xbox/PS button to boot right into your current paused game.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Much faster loading times for ps4 games

Really the only reason I barely use my ps4 these days. Confirmed fast loading times make the ps5 a day one buy

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
Ps2 emulation day one. There are so many Capcom fighters trapped on PS2 that I want to play.

And I may be wrong but has Sony even spoken about 120fps support actually be available?

Vinter

Aug 15, 2020
Native support for Bluetooth Headset. It might or might not have been be too early for that in 2013, but it certainly isn't in 2020. I want to connect my headphones!

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mod support. I know a few games this gen support some mods but I'd like something much more comprehensive. And while I'm dreaming, it would be cool to be able to play my Steam games too.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
i know we have a create button, but i want more streaming features like OBS has, allow me to make custom alerts, etc

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
USB DAC support so I don't have to plug headphones into the controller. PS4 supports it - don't think the XB1 does, so hopefully XSX changes and PS5 stays the same.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested in back compat features. Super curious to see what MS has in store, and eager to play games like Halo 5 with their new HDR system