• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completing long, difficult epics that I hold in high esteem, like Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy X, is always pretty satisfying. The Witness was satisfying just due to the sheer difficulty of the puzzles. From a gameplay perspective, the same is true of stuff like Velocity 2X, The Last of Us (Grounded mode<<<) and Kingdom Hearts 2/Birth by Sleep (Critical mode on the latter two is a nightmare).

Think I have to go Witcher 3, but at 60 (just got Control's Monday night) and counting, I'm sure I'm forgetting something I'm really proud of.

Zodiac Age was pretty damn satisfying, beating trial 100 and seeing the trophy pop felt great.

This would be the easy answer for me if I hadn't fucked my save at the 11th hour by getting trapped on the final airship

Literally missing like 3 trophies, the platinum included smh. I'm still sick over it. I'll start over and finish the job one day.

An actual save glitch doomed me with Lego Marvel Super Heroes years back, too. Literally missing one silver trophy that I absolutely should've unlocked but for a glitch.

The first Destiny. My buddy and I had been working on it forever (due to the flawless raid trophy), and we made sure to each need just one last ghost for the platinum. We did a countdown and got the ghost at the same time. Was it nerdy? Yes, but it was awesome too.

Lmao that's awesome.

Destiny is somewhere up there too. Getting Flawless Raider with some friends just before Taken King dropped was euphoric. I'm thinking about trying for Destiny 2's since I just realized there's not much more to it for me to do.

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Nioh, had fun through and through. The only really grindy bits is selling and buying stuff from the blacksmith but otherwise all the challenges are natural.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Horizon: Zero Dawn, since it's the only Platinum I've ever gotten. I think it's the only game I've played on Playstation where I looked at the trophy list and thought 'well I'm going to do these things anyways, so might as well get the Platinum out of it'. I just had so much fun playing that game the first month or so after it came out. Reminds me I need to play the DLC at some point.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The Witness for me as well. It took me about 4 evenings of attempts at the final challenge; in which I'd have really good runs and think I had it, and awful runs. I actually finished it on a really messy run, and done it at what must of been the very last moment. Both relief and joy... and I did save my video lol

I came here to see how many others found The Witness as worthy a challenge as I did, and I'm not leaving disappointed. It felt like the most meaningful platinum I've ever earned, and it was the first one I bothered with for exactly that reason. I tried again and again over a similar timeframe, and I also have my final run saved somewhere in video form. So cathartic.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
- Astro Bot: Just pure, unbridled joy from beginning to end. No grinding, no frustration, just fun.
- Flinthook: I loved this game, and it's one of my favorite roguelikes, so I enjoyed playing it over and over. Some of the Trophies are buggy though.
- NieR:Automata: Cos you can cheat, lol
- Bloodborne: I save-scummed to get all the endings, but most of the Trophies are for beating bosses, which is by far the most fun part of the game. And yes, I even enjoyed the Chalice Dungeons.
- Rayman Origins: I would include Legends as well, if it didn't have the online Trophies...

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
God of War. As part of my review period, I holed myself up in the home office and ground away at it until I had the world first platinum trophy.

Same with Ni no Kuni 2, but that one just wasn't quite as fun (although I played with President Gun almost the entire time)

Selane

Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed a few. Both Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma were fun. Apotheon and Odin Sphere were also fun.
*Wipes tear from eye*

Another Odin Sphere fan, pretty much the most underrated PS4 exclusive there is imo. That and Horizon Zero Dawn are the only two platinums I have.

But yeah, Spider-Man, GoW, and HZD are basically the holy trinity of platinum, the plat rates are super high for those games relative to almost anything else. I would have done spider man myself but I rage quit it during one of the later stealth sections, lol.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Ar nosurge's was fun to get, if only because you got like 99% of them by playing the game normally and exploring the item creation aspects of the game.

There were a few that needed specific choices or doing something very out of the way to trigger it, but that last one actually had a funny battle event that made me laugh so it was alright.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The Witness for me as well. It took me about 4 evenings of attempts at the final challenge; in which I'd have really good runs and think I had it, and awful runs. I actually finished it on a really messy run, and done it at what must of been the very last moment. Both relief and joy... and I did save my video lol

whoa man that vid brought back some memories. Lol and you did it just in the knick of time! good shit. looking back on this, i don't know how on earth we were able to complete this. also good job saving the clip

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well, I've only got two. Walking Dead Season One and Control.

Gotta go with Control. I expect to Shenmue 1 and 2 soon as well.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
The final bozz on Horizon: Zero Dawn on the highest difficulty was CRAZY. I had my mate over and we cheered when I finally beat it. Kept running out of ammo, and if you stop moving you die.

I'm can't even remember if that trophy is required to platinum the game... oh well!

Oct 27, 2017
There's a bunch that were enjoyable instead of straight up grindfest. Celeste is a good example and it was immensely satisfying. God Of war was also good as well.

I want to say Stardew Valley, but that godamn platinum still taunts me due to that godamn "beat journey of the prairie king without dying" trophy. Fuck that shit.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Modern Warfare Remastered.

I bought the game on xbox360 and earned every achievement except mile high club. I gave up on it.

Then I tried my luck on ps4 remastered and finally got the platinum. I probably spent 8 hours trying to get mile high club.

Oct 27, 2017
Modern Warfare Remastered.

I bought the game on xbox360 and earned every achievement except mile high club. I gave up on it.

Then I tried my luck on ps4 remastered and finally got the platinum. I probably spent 8 hours trying to get mile high club.

Man, I remember doing that on the 360 and it was a bitch. Thought it would be easier on remastered but jesus it was just as bad, if not worse. My wife was getting so mad hearing the same sounds of restarting the mission over and over and over. Definitely satisfying once you finally get it, and that final shot is a godamn nailbiter.

llLeonhart

Oct 21, 2019
Metal Gear Rising revengeance and Lords of Shadow stick out to me. Lords of Shadow I even platinum'ed in a friends PS4.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Dead Space 2. Only game besides the first Dead Space where I said whatever I'm gonna play it on the hardest difficulty. I never play games on crazy difficulties lol, I'm always good with normal.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
It's an hard pick between REmake (8 playthroughs to keep things easier), Horizon Zero Dawn (best gameplay loop of the gen easily for me) and Bloodborne (best melee combat ever). All the other ones haven't been so satisfying

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Killzone 2 platinum trophy is the one i treasure the most.

It was hard af to beat the last level on elite difficulty. Col. Radec was such a piece of shit but after countless attempts i did it.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Don't Starve Together. My buddy and I got most of the trophies pretty organically, but the last few we did as separate games, each of which lasted around 150~400 in game days. It gave us a final hurrah to push everything we had learned to the limits. The trophies explore most aspects of the game, much of which revolves around optional bosses. My only regret is there aren't more.

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
I had the most fun with The Division. Was a blast to play it with friends (co-op is so awesome)1

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I like the games that makes me play their content and the less collectibles, the better.

Bloodborne and God of War are two of my favourites (altho GOW does have the ravens as its worst offender).

As soon as a game has a trophy locked behind the maximun difficulty mode or speedrun, I'm out.
Online stuff are undesirable as well.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Even though some of the Chalice dungeon bosses were a pain, I think Bloodborne is one of the less grindy From platinums. iirc Watch Dogs 2's was also fun for an open world game. Same for Horizon and Spider-man, didn't feel tedious for being pretty big games.

Also proud I beat the Challenge in The Witness even though I cheated a bit using rest mode

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
spiderman because i didn't really have to try, i just loved the game

I got everything but the stop X amount of crimes or whatever it was in each district. I was so far off from doing it that I'd have to swing around for 5 or so hours just to get them to pop up so I could get the trophy. Ran out of gas after the first district.

For me the Supergiant Games platinums will always be my favorite. Bastion and Transistor with the added difficulties from the resistors/idols make it a completely different experience and play style. Nothing grind-y about them. Resogun comes in a close second, doing the whole campaign on the high difficulty with no continues was a rush.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny was the one i had the most fun i think. Going for that flawless Raid run was the last one and the most satisfying.
Hotline Miami was a good one too!

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Bloodborne. It was blood/sweat/tears that turned into a moment of triumph and self-reflection and ultimately I still wanted to keep playing it!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently working towards the Platinum in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, and I'm really enjoying it. The game is a blast to play and there are ways to cheat to make Crushing mode really easy. We'll see if I make it all the way, but I am really enjoying revisiting this game and it's definitely one of my favourites of the generation.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
I like those platinums that are hard but skill dependent and not collectathons.

Trials Rising and OlliOlli 2 from the top of my head

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I got the platinum for Astro Bot yesterday and scoring that was definitely a lot of fun but there was still some challenge sprinkled in here and there. Most of the trophies are in the main game and not hard. The game is so fun that you just want to hunt down every bot. Hearing them shout for help makes it easier to locate them so you never need a guide. When you get all the chameleons (not hard either) you unlock challenges and these provide some challenge that the main game lacks, so I did those too. I guess the most tedious ones make you do all the bosses without getting hit, but that's only hard for the final boss. I did feel like I actually completed the game when I got the plat. There's this great black friday PSVR+Astro Bot deal floating around and I hope a lot of people go for it because Astro Bot is really a VR showcase.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I think Ratchet & Clank 2016 on PS4 was my favorite platinum. It was easy, very stress-free to unlock, and it was a great game to play 100% without being stale. It was also my 1st R&C game, so that made it even better for me.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally the only one I have and only one I cared to get because I was enjoying the game enough and knew I had the skill to get it:

Resogun

Oct 27, 2017
Probably RE2 remake. Just because I was mainly motivated to do everything in game because it was fun and not because there was some primal need to have an imaginary trophy.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
For me it's got to be Killzone 2. Because you needed to rank something along the top 3% in mp to achieve the platinum. It was an awesome feeling when it popped.

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
Bloodborne is the only game I ever felt compelled enough to get the platinum so by default it has to be my favorite one.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Most platinums made me like the game less than at the moment I decided to go for it, except Horizon Zero Dawn.

Oct 27, 2017
The final bozz on Horizon: Zero Dawn on the highest difficulty was CRAZY. I had my mate over and we cheered when I finally beat it. Kept running out of ammo, and if you stop moving you die.

I'm can't even remember if that trophy is required to platinum the game... oh well!

There are no difficulty-related trophies in the game, but well done anyway!