• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which version are you getting?

• Ps4

Votes: 258 17.8%
  • Ps4 pro

Votes: 413 28.5%
  • Xbox one x

Votes: 254 17.5%
  • Xbox one

Votes: 31 2.1%
  • Pc

Votes: 594 40.9%

• Total voters

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Xbox One X, it's where I played DmC and other Dmc games on game pass. Use to that controller lay out.

Not buying it new, will wait until one of those flash sales.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea.

I like to get series I am a big fan of physical on console and usually PC (if available on sale) down the line.

I have the HD collection and physical DMC4SE on PS4 but I also have a 1X that I usually play hooked up to a Freesync monitor so it might make more sense to use that setup to take advantage of the tech. Plus the demo for this game makes my Pro LOUD at times and the X is usually much more quiet.

I would probably go for PC but I get games a few days early for consoles and I don't want to wait to play this game any longer. How are RE7/RE2 on PC compared to console from a stability standpoint? My PC is much better than the consoles and can handle this game no problem.

I hope some people that have the game early have a proper way to test console performance before release.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I played DMC4 on the PC with a 360 pad, and DMC4 SE on the PS4, and it was fine either way. But I decided to get DMCV for the PS4 since I just got RE2 on the Xbox and I want to leave that disc in the drive.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
PC just like RE2remake. If PC is an option for a game..I'll always go PC unless the version isn't up to snuff with the PS4Pro.

Going to give this Switch Pro controller a workout.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Deluxe went up again on amazon after the initial being sold out and it's sold out again. Seems those who still need to pre-order deluxe need to act fast.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
PC. Even got a new GPU for the game, even though I was actually going to hold off for Doom Eternal.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
PC, with an Xbox One controller plugged in. Capcom are usually great with their PC ports so I've got no problem trusting them to give me a great version, and there's always a surprisingly robust modding community. Felt like the version to get!

DMC5 is developed internally and will have the usual PC options/feature set similar to other RE Engine-based games. In fact, all platforms will be properly optimized and should give you nice performance across the board. As Caxton would put it, They're masterworks all. You can't go wrong. :)

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
PS4. I wish the pro would go on sale for about 200 dollars. I don't think I can play DMC on anything but a Sony console.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I was thinking about getting it on PS4 but saw it was $55 for the Deluxe edition on GMG yesterday so I went ahead and pre-ordered there.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if/when Digital Foundry will be releasing a comparison? I'm hoping it drops tomorrow with the review embargo.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 is developed internally and will have the usual PC options/feature set similar to other RE Engine-based games. In fact, all platforms will be properly optimized and should give you nice performance across the board. As Caxton would put it, They're masterworks all. You can't go wrong. :)

If you don't mind some feedback, I really hope you can put toggles for chromatic aberration and lens distortion in console versions of future games on this engine if it is used. I did not buy console versions of RE2 or DMC5 because of this when I would have otherwise and double-dipped on DMC5.

CA especially is a very jarring/divisive filter, and gives me eye strain too. I honestly can't deal with it. A lot of other developers have toggles for this on consoles (EA for Anthem, Insomniac for Spider-Man, among others). I don't think it would be an overwhelming toggle to have for players. I know I didn't hear any Spider-Man players getting flustered by the option being present. It saved the game for me. I also skipped MvCI on consoles because of it.

It's more of an issue for me next gen as my PC will be left behind. Thanks.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
PC all the way. I ran Re2Remake on max settings so I can run this one too. Deluxe version is way cheaper on PC too.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
If you don't mind some feedback, I really hope you can put toggles for chromatic aberration and lens distortion in console versions of future games on this engine if it is used. I did not buy console versions of RE2 or DMC5 because of this when I would have otherwise and double-dipped on DMC5.

CA especially is a very jarring/divisive filter, and gives me eye strain too. I honestly can't deal with it. A lot of other developers have toggles for this on consoles (EA for Anthem, Insomniac for Spider-Man, among others). I don't think it would be an overwhelming toggle to have for players. I know I didn't hear any Spider-Man players getting flustered by the option being present. It saved the game for me. I also skipped MvCI on consoles because of it.

It's more of an issue for me next gen as my PC will be left behind. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback! Will pass onto the devs.