• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

whoodle

Jul 17, 2020
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The clip I watched one cop is liberally spraying pepper spray into the crowd and they drag a guy over the fence by his neck. Not exactly step aside and come on in behaviour that was touted here.

Yes the response is a lot more muted due to the lack of bodies. The actual cops there still seem happy enough to smack anyone coming close. Not sure what you want them to do against those climbing walls start shooting them? Presumably after a few of them have already been ganged up on and beaten?

The onus in my opinion lies on those in charge who I guess downplayed these 'protests' believing the wouldn't turn into riots or that they had enough people to handle it. Those idiots should be held accountable as far as we can throw them (and the idiot in chief)

Did you miss the videos of them taking selfie's with the rioters? Yes, the onus is on those in charge, but some of the actions down to the level of the individuals is very suspect. One of the videos I clicked on, there were two cops, and one raging rioter, right up near the entrance, and they patiently pat him on the shoulders and redirected him the other way. They had much more patience and worked much harder at de-escalation than anything I saw over the summer, even if they did use the nightstick and a couple of gas canisters.

OP
OP
Brinbe

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I seriously think the Impeachment trial managers should set aside time and just play this straight through as is/untouched/uncensored.

Expose America to the horrific reality of what transpired. So the truth of what happened cannot be spun or marginalised in any way by anyone. The videos, and the criminals (and who incited them/who they were fighting for) therein, speak for themselves in every way.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
With all this video footage, could Jan 6th be the most well-documented coup attempt in history?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for someone to make a full interactive 3D model of where every single person was that you can scrub forward and back in. With everyone's name, time of arrest and jail sentence when you click on them.

And also some trivia, like "turned in by ex wife", "hated by entire neighborhood", "never paid child support"

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I seriously think the Impeachment trial managers should set aside time and just play this straight through as is/untouched/uncensored.

Expose America to the horrific reality of what transpired. So the truth of what happened cannot be spun or marginalised in any way by anyone. The videos, and the criminals (and who incited them/who they were fighting for) therein, speak for themselves in every way.
yeah I don't know how anyone can watch this esp when people are in the capital and think they weren't ready to kill some people

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Did you miss the videos of them taking selfie's with the rioters? Yes, the onus is on those in charge, but some of the actions down to the level of the individuals is very suspect. One of the videos I clicked on, there were two cops, and one raging rioter, right up near the entrance, and they patiently pat him on the shoulders and redirected him the other way. They had much more patience and worked much harder at de-escalation than anything I saw over the summer, even if they did use the nightstick and a couple of gas canisters.
I saw a video of 1 cop taking a selfie, not sure how that becomes the entire event was allowed to happen by the cops. Not seen the one of the two cops gently guiding someone away I've only watched the clips with the barricade coming down. You've obviously made up your mind that all the cops were happy to let these rioters have their way. I think thats incredibly hypocritical to refuse to even try and look at the bigger picture, and instead find snippets that reinforce what you believe.

Frank Lemon

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for someone to make a full interactive 3D model of where every single person was that you can scrub forward and back in. With everyone's name, time of arrest and jail sentence when you click on them.

And also some trivia, like "turned in by ex wife", "hated by entire neighborhood", "never paid child support"
Lmao, that would be amazing

Judau

Oct 28, 2017

This sounds a lot like ECHOs from The Division games. If someone could do something like that, it would be awesome!

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a video of 1 cop taking a selfie, not sure how that becomes the entire event was allowed to happen by the cops. Not seen the one of the two cops gently guiding someone away I've only watched the clips with the barricade coming down. You've obviously made up your mind that all the cops were happy to let these rioters have their way. I think thats incredibly hypocritical to refuse to even try and look at the bigger picture, and instead find snippets that reinforce what you believe.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion when I said this: "but some of the actions down to the level of the individuals is very suspect". I'm not going to argue this, feel free to think the cops were just let down by the system, and bear no responsibility when it comes to deciding whether they will escalate a situation, or de-escalate.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Not sure how you came to that conclusion when I said this: "but some of the actions down to the level of the individuals is very suspect". I'm not going to argue this, feel free to think the cops were just let down by the system, and bear no responsibility when it comes to deciding whether they will escalate a situation, or de-escalate.
Oh right I did actually miss that bit. Yea that is for sure the truth I don't think you can gather that many cops in one place without some of them being q-anon alt right chuds.
About 15 of them are under investigation and apparently the one that took the selfie got arrested so hopefully they start cleaning house. If your gonna have cops they should be as impartial as possible.

I was mostly dissapointed in some posters so happy to pull the wool over their own eyes, and start wandering into the same delusions that the alt right do by creating a picture rather than educating themselves. I still have friends saying the cops opened the barricades for them and gave no resistance I kinda feel like in the future when this age gets a name in the history books it'll be the age of misinformation. Not through lack of true info, but us just generally not being interested in the truth and happier to have confirmation of what we already believe.

Last edited:

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of weird, wild stuff randomly clicking through these.

L7VXMqX.png

edit: they're praying over a phone on the ground

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, indeed.

This level of video is fucking surreal, fam.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I'd reccomend 2:51 inside the capitol for some maga cringe. The guy is complaining to his phone that they were pepper sprayed. Starts out saying "I'm not involved, i'm an observer" one minute later - "I don't know if what we're doing is right but..." and "I'm probably gonna lose my job as a pastor".

also the coughing at 3:02

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Shit is going to go crazy in the next couple days. Given that pillow guy plan leak, and trump talking with Bannon, Trump appears to be hoping for some last minute hail Mary. The question is if he will actually try anything, and what exactly that will look like.

3 days left, including today...

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I think one aspect that stood out to me was that when Trump said "March to the capital" there was already a presence of republicans there posing a threat to the police and people inside.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Shit is going to go crazy in the next couple days. Given that pillow guy plan leak, and trump talking with Bannon, Trump appears to be hoping for some last minute hail Mary. The question is if he will actually try anything, and what exactly that will look like.

3 days left, including today...

all it takes is one person to shit up the works but honestly, I don't see much happening.

it's too guarded and dangerous for any one to wanna risk their bullshit.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
All this talk about vaccines and 5G being used to track and spy on people and they broadcast the information themselves.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
They want us to pick a "side" which this should have just been a traditional trump rally not "storming" a government building.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL at 2:50pm

The cameraman is like 'Look at the cops walk by, no fear of us. Let's see how CNN writes this later on. Violent mob, violent mob, right?"

Later on Trump condemns their violence and Giuliani says they're actually ANTIFA terrorists. Damn CNN must have got to them