• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What other GBA franchise could Nintendo bring back next?

• F-Zero

Votes: 40 10.7%
  • Golden Sun

Votes: 180 48.1%
  • Wario Land

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • Hamtaro

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • Starfy

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Mother 3

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Rhythm Heaven

Votes: 36 9.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So today...

2D Metroid!
554739-metroid-fusion-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-nightmare.png

WarioWare!
209240-warioware-twisted-game-boy-advance-screenshot-wario-and-mario.png

Advance Wars!
537919-advance-wars-game-boy-advance-screenshot-terrain-information.png

Recently dormant series that had major (Or fan-favorite) entries back in the GBA days are back, in Switch form. So what's next?
What do you see as the next Nintendo game brought back from its slumber!? And in what form (New game, remaster, remake, NOS release, Game & Watch, etc.)?

(With my apologies to Magical Starsign, Napoleon, Drill Dozer, Kururin, and all fans... Only 7 poll options 😔)

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Rhythm Heaven never really left, the last game came out like five years ago and it never had frequent releases in the first place

I voted Mother

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I voted Hamtaro but AlphaDream is no longer with us, so it's probably not that.

Pay off Treasure and Sega to do a new Astro Boy, please.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I never thought Advance Wars would see the light of day again. I'm still in shock.

So I absolutely believe Golden Sun has a legitimate shot at making a return now.

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, how about GBA games themselves, which were already available on their previous console? It's pretty funny that they announced Metroid 5 while there's no way to play 2 or 4 on the Switch.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun needs a return it could be one of their key franchises. F-Zero Climax proved to me they could do a great attempt at something close to F-Zero GX without AV working on the game.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never understood why Golden Sun wasn't turned into a major franchise. I'm assuming it was a lack of teams and something had to be put on the back burner.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Golden Sun would be nice but the correct answer is Final Fantasy Tactics…Advance

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
My want list:

Guruguru Logic Champ
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Drill Dozer
Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
Ninja Five-0

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Golden Sun DS kinda sucked (or was at least super mediocre with an unfinished story), but the GBA games are some of my favorite RPGs ever, so I'd love the series to continue.

And even though I disliked the DS one, the least they could do is actually finish the story since it ended on a huge cliffhanger. But at that point they'd probably need to remake/remaster the DS one in addition to an all new one.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age remakes, please and thank you!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like if Advance Wars can make a comeback like this, most stuff is probably on the table if there is someone(or some team) that is interested enough. Particularly as Nintendo has now mostly run out of WiiU games to fill it's release schedule, and further delves into remakes and remasters from other consoles. Even if it's old or 2D, it's still easier and cheaper to remake a game than it is to make something from scratch. Also a good way to revive a series, while also doing asset and engine work that would be useful for a new entry.

Anyway, as far as GBA goes, it's obviously Golden Sun.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Golden Sun seems like the obvious answer, but since it's in the pool, I would definitely vote for F-Zero as well.

Can't believe they're not making a port of the GameCube game with online play enable, it would print money without costing much (probably)... Not even asking for HD models or else, the game runs so perfectly on Dolphin at 1080p with AA, so a nice and simple port would be enough.

Also, I would probably had Boktai to the list, it was a nice game and a brillant concept from Kojima.

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
Hopefully, it will be Golden Sun + Golden Sun TLA (Especially since I love Felix!!)

EvazHBuXEAMomGl