• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I was just searching for the Devil May Cry 5 demo and saw that pretty much all the past DMC games are available on PS4 (which I didn't even know was a thing).

With backwards compatibility rumored for the PS5, what games that are worth while from PS1/2/3/PSP/Vita still haven't been ported to the PS4's architecture?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Easily hundreds of games.

Here's some stuff that I'd like to play right now:
Deadly Premonition, Demon Soul's, Haunting Ground, Silent Hill franchise, Metal Gear franchise, Ico, Nier Gestalt, God Hand, Kuon, Echo Night, Ico, Fatal Frame, and countless more.

Last edited:

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
83370e14-b10f-4ca2-99e8-d5f4332391e6.png

It will not be a complete console without access to Beyblade on PS1

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
A pletora of games sadly

Brave fencer musashi
Front mission
Ergheiz
Loads of rpg

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a list of just Sony owned franchises-
Sony-games.png

So just Sony games not on PS4 that I'd like to see-
Alundra
Ape Escape 1&3
Bombastic & Devil Dice
Dual Hearts
Echochrome
Hot Shots Golf 1-6, Portable 1&2
Folklore
Freedom Wars
Genji
Ico
Jeanne d'arc
Jumping Flash 1&2
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
Mister Mosquito
Omega Boost
Patapon 2&3
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction & A Crack in Time
Rule of Rose
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tokyo Jungle
Tomba 1&2
Wild Arms 1, 2, 4&5

Last edited:

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Metal Gear Solid until Peace Walker

Came to say this, however the HD collection IS on PSNOW (with MGS4 likely to follow).

Both the HD Collection and MGS4 were on PSNOW a long, LONG time ago (5 years?) for like a month but were pulled shortly after because no pressure sensitivity made the games almost unplayable. (can't aim without firing, can't grab guards without stabbing them in MGS3, etc.)

Only recently the HD collection came back to PSNOW with literally no changes. One of the news articles implied future MG games would follow so MGS4 is likely.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Here's a list of just Sony owned franchises-
Sony-games.png

So just Sony games not on PS4 that I'd like to see-
Alundra
Ape Escape 1&3
Bombastic & Devil Dice
Dual Hearts
Echochrome
Hot Shots Golf 1-6, Portable 1&2
Folklore
Freedom Wars
Genji
Ico
Jeanne d'arc
Jumping Flash 1&2
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
Mister Mosquito
Omega Boost
Patapon 2&3
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction & A Crack in Time
Rule of Rose
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tokyo Jungle
Tomba 1&2
Wild Arms 1, 2, 4&5
I'm glad someone remembered Genji. The PS3 entry was medicore but i loved the PS2 original a ton. Would love it if it was added on the PS2PS4 line up.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
There's hundreds, if not thousands of quality PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/Vita games not available on PS4.

They got most of the big PS3 games available via remaster or PSnow, but even then its only a tiny fraction of what would be ideal. For me personally, Ni No Kuni and Nier are the big ones not available from the PS3 generation, Crisis Core from trom the PSP, and Persona 4 Golden from Vita. Shadow Hearts from PS2.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Sadly all of my favorite games from the past are not on PS4.

My favorite game of all time Final Fantasy VIII for example.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Good question OP, it's fair to say every game given how gamers taste very gamer to gamer.

I'd probably have to go with GTA III, end of story. 2019 could bring lots of value to a modern day Liberty City.