• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The old Alien vs. Predator games on the PC as an Alien. That's only because it had such a small player base.

12257-aliens-versus-predator-windows-front-cover.jpg

Damn do I miss those AVP multiplayer games and there's nothing on the market nowadays to fill that void.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was a killer in Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer. There was a pretty competitive scene within the game's PVP among different clans. Lot of drama and toxic shit, but it's funny looking back at it.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Command and Conquer: Rivals. I've made it to the top 3% quite a few times on the monthly ranked leagues. It's a really great little RTS game that unfortunately got a bad rap because of angry entitled internet nerds.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
It's not obscure but for some reason Battlefield 3 and I clicked. Usually first spot on the scoreboard. It was amazing.

Obscure in the sense that this never has and never will happen again to me. It was a fluke.

wookybro

Dec 30, 2018
91zYtFvozlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This game right here. Everyone talks about the great destruction in campaign but the multiplayer was just as good if not better. I managed to find a group of people to play with and from there we dominated matches up until 2010 or 2011. Good times

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I was a legend in Condemned 2: Bloodshot for the week people played online

Pretty good at Project Snowblind and Area 51 on PS2 as well

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty good at Titanfall 2 which is way more niche than it should be, being on ps plus gave it a big boost for a bit but its dropped off again now.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I used to fuck people up in Subspace/Continuum.

Woah another Subspace player!

"Really good" is pushing it, but I was good enough to be on squads with a 5 year cycle of going 9-1 in Am League to get promoted to Pro League, then going 2-8 to get demoted to Am league, repeat. But when I got tired of league purgatory, I could run up a nice 20-1 ratio in Alpha!

Faith

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's now a case of a game that I used to be good at because the game was closed down 10 years ago but I was good at Chromehounds, so much so that I was in the squad that quite a few considered the best in the game for a small period of time.

Tangeroo

Oct 26, 2017
ecg04g6iif821.jpg

The original, not the sequel "Super Monday Night Combat". I always preferred the original and made it to #7 in the world overall.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
I rock at Snowboard Kids 2. I was also the best Robotnik player online in the original Sonic All Stars Racing. Does that count?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'm told it sold well but I rarely see people talk about it but I was a beast at Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen on the Xbox 360. Would play it all day somedays and I got to the point where I would only die 1-2 per game by the end while racking up kills.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
None. But I was actually quite good at that puzzle game, Chime. I think I got world top 10 on some levels.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
220px-CrashBashCover.png

This little game here.

Every one of those 6 games in it, I'm unbeatable. Especially so in that polar bear ice rink game. I want this game to be remade so I can test my claims online.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
EDIT: Sorry, missed the "obscure" part. If you count MMOs, I was considered one of the top Rangers on my server in EQ2 back in the day. I consider EQ2 obscure because it was completely overshadowed by WoW. If it doesn't count, then . . . none :( Sigh.

Nov 21, 2017
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30(Xbox), I was ranked 3rd on the leaderboards for some time. I rarely lost with my friend controlling the other squad. I didn't stay long with the MP because Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory came 2 months later.

Jun 7, 2018
Disc Drivin' on iOS (Excuse the extreme potato-ness of the second shot, it was eight years ago and I was filming an iPod Touch with a non-smart phone!)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Instinct Gold. Specifically and only. I was OK at arcade 1 and 2, but I was a beast on the N64.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
If Titanfall 2 had a major competitive scene I'd be RICH. Give me Ronin and a grappling hook, and I dominate the match.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I was an unbelievably annoying builder in King Arthur's Gold and it's player population of, like, 70.

header.jpg

Stupendous game too. Among the most freeform and dynamic MP experiences I've ever been in, and the building really gave rise to some incredibly novel tactics.

I was also an absolute monster in Titanfall 1; shame they took it upon themselves to ruin the Titans and had much lamer maps for the sequel - don't know if that's obscure though.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
The Uncharted multiplayers had a really niche following for a long-time. I mained those games for years before I even touched any other multiplayer titles, I'm aware of the novelty of Uncharted 3 but I don't think it's multiplayer shared its commercial acclaim.
The population for 3 seemed to grow quite a bit off of 2 and even had a decent comp community. I played it concurrently with BF3 for a long time, even before it went F2P.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
TLoU has a factions mode that seemed pretty niche (don't have actual data). I bought every single hat pack on that game... D;

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
Absolutely was a great game. Did you even get into 4?
I no-lifed Uncharted 3 to all hell. Was hoping that 4 would be at most a spiritual successor - unfortunately for me it wasn't I couldn't get into it. Unlike TLOU1 I didn't feel like the development lent itself to much replayability. Which sucks because I love Uncharted 4 to death and any excuse to keep me on the game outside of the story mode sounded wonderful. What was your takeaway?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

I could kick ass with all 4 character classes whether it was offense or support

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know it's not obscure, but I'm 90% sure I can beat, or at least go 50/50 with anyone on this planet in a Ghost Valley 1 Match Race in Super Mario Kart.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I no-lifed Uncharted 3 to all hell. Was hoping that 4 would be at most a spiritual successor - unfortunately for me it wasn't I couldn't get into it. Unlike TLOU1 I didn't feel like the development lent itself to much replayability. Which sucks because I love Uncharted 4 to death and any excuse to keep me on the game outside of the story mode sounded wonderful. What was your takeaway?
I am actually really glad they leaned into more tactical and team elements over the arcadey arena shooter style of the older games. Felt the game was more unique and still enjoy the depth the game has. Hopefully they continue expanding this if the rumoured new studio for Uncharted is true.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
YES! I got max level with every character on both War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. Legitimately two of my favorite multiplayer games of all time.

Congrats on having excellent taste.

it was great! it seemed like everyone knew what the classes meant (no medics trying to go on the offensive) and nobody tried to be a gloryhog

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
I am actually really glad they leaned into more tactical and team elements over the arcady arena shooter style of the older games. Felt the game was more unique and still enjoy the depth the game has. Hopefully they continue expanding this if the rumoured new studio for Uncharted is true.
Agreed! Whatever they come up with I am excited for. I do hope the murmurs regarding MP content from ND is true. Especially in the context of the next-gen of games it would be nice to have them cooking up exciting multiplayer experiences. I have a feeling the scrapped Factions for TLOU2 will be repurposed else-where.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Don't know if it's considered obscure, didn't feel like it has much of a userbase bit I was really good at the MP aspect of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow until the exploits started appearing then the game was ruined. Once of my most enjoyable MP experiences ever but it was never the same with Chaos Theory and Blacklist. They tried to reinvent the wheel after their first attempt and the balancing went all out of whack.