• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PRomeotheus

May 29, 2018
I think there is a general dislike for Mr Mime but in Yellow, early in the game, there was a NPC that can trade you one. It was my first Psychic Pokemon and I loved it, even more than my starters and Mewtwo

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
how precisely did the op "main" tyranitar in pokemon silver when you can't catch a larvitar until the end of the game

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't "main" Pokémon, but I did have a pretty damn OP Pidgeot in Pokémon Gold back in the day that I treated as my starter.

Caught at lvl2, first catch of the game and took me all the way to the end as the main powerhouse and Flying HM user.
Man I used Pidgey for the first time ever in XY a few years back and...ummm...

It's really bad. Like, no moves for the longest time. Probably was a bit different pre Physical/Special split though.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
1200px-212Scizor.png

Just look at this badass. Works well as a set-up sweeper, a banded sweeper, a hybrid-wall. Dude's got some crazy utility.

His Mega makes him even better.

scizor-mega.jpg

This dude has found his way onto my team since Gen 2, I sometimes swap him for Lucario when I need a pokemon that can be specially oriented or if I need a fighting type. But Scizor has a special place in my heart.

I also really like Salazzle

758.png

Great offensive typing, great design, decent stats but nothing to write home about.

If Salazzle makes it through into Sword and Shield, I'll probably end up using her again.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Zangoose in D/P. It's broken with Swords Dance at lvl. 9. And it can learn False Swipe later when it's too OP and you need to start catching shit.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
I always try to have an Alakazam. The one I had in Red must have had perfect IVs in sp atk and def because that sucker could take out 3 of my brother's pokemon before it went down.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I distinctly remember playing thru Pokémon Yellow as a kid and maining w/pidgey instead of a team of starters like I normally did in the game, simply bc I found it at level 6 when my pikachu was only level 5. I ended up never getting past Giovanni due to his ground Pokémon whooping my ass.

MaxEverblack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa
Spiritomb. He is always in my team. I wonder traded until I got home when I had to start from scratch in Sun & Moon. I use a ghost type team with dual typing pokes. Spiritomb is my absolute favorite, second is Dhelmise.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Arcanine in absolutely every game possible. He was basically the OG legendary fire dog before Entei came along...

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never really "main" a pokemon.... I always keep my entire party around the same level.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
Back in pokemon yellow I caught a dugtrio in diglett's cave and I mained it for the rest of the game.