• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Though we were a little late on the prep for these changes, it was already planned.
Doom may be Eternal, but the wait wasn't.

54a.gif
omg.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I think Resetera should keep these. Every time a major game releases switch it out. I think it looks cooler than the plain old Resetera logo and makes the site a little more fun. Just sayin'.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is not complete until the video of the slowly encroaching cacodemon is posted.

Find and post, until it is done.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ahem...

What about Half-Life: Alyx?

j/k

No, but seriously, I expect to see a crowbar on my desktop Monday.

I love these icons to the major game releases.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Resetera should keep these. Every time a major game releases switch it out. I think it looks cooler than the plain old Resetera logo and makes the site a little more fun. Just sayin'.

As long as people enjoy them, we'd be happy to do them a bit more often. We're enthusiasts just like you all, and we like cheering the community up when we can.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
The Cacodemon icon is adorbs. I also like how the spacing/kerning works better with the "resetera" text than the AC leaf did (that really bugged me yesterday).

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Making a cacodemon adorable was fun. But then again, they kinda already are? They're squishy spheres.

Ignore the teeth and homicidal tendencies.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

I say keep them in general and just have them randomly rotate on refreshes. For major releases turn off the random-ness and celebrate the new addition by keeping it on all day.