• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Nintendo series would you like to see get a Warriors style game?

• Mario

Votes: 38 9.4%
  • Kirby

Votes: 60 14.8%
  • Kid Icarus

Votes: 49 12.1%
  • Xenoblade

Votes: 121 29.9%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 72 17.8%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 47 11.6%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm psyched for Age of Calamity and the original Hyrule Warriors was one of my surprise favorites as well.

So with the two Zelda's and Fire Emblem I'm wondering what else they could apply the formula too.

Kid Icarus and Xenoblade are two I'd be pretty interested in for sure, but what would you like to see if you could choose?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade seems to be the easiest.

but I'll go with Star Fox cause it's sounds ridiculous and they can go for a Saturday morning cartoon story that will work really well.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A canon Xenoblade interdimensional musou war would be amazing. I hope it's next in the pipeline after AoC.

Kirby or Mario could be really fun as well.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
KIRBY

Each ability would have its own moveset and Kirby could change abilities mid-battle by eating enemies. Plus Meta Knight, Dedede, Magolor, Marx, Susie, etc. would be playable as well. I'd be perfect.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely xenoblade. Lots of potential character movesets when including the Blades from 2

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Star Fox.

Apparently, that was something being considered at one time, too, so, I wonder if Koei still has those design docs handy.

If I'm not getting a Gundam Musou anytime soon, I'll definitely up for another space opera series with a variety of mecha.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon. That could be Absol-utely insane and I would Luvdisc it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have aa hard time seeing anything other than Kid Icarus or Xenoblade fitting that formula but I'd be really curious to see what could be done with Star Fox. I'd really like to see that series brought back to prominence but am not convinced it can do so by fully staying within its established genre. Have them stranded on another planet or something.

The main issue with it would be the character selection wouldn't be so hot compared to HW, something that brought FE Warriors down a bit for me.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not like a massive Pokemon fan, but I think they certainly have the cast of characters for it, Kirby too, honestly. Kid Icarus's character roster feels a little anemic for this kinda game - you'd have Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Hades, Medusa, and Viridi. I suppose you could do what HW did and let different weapons have different movesets, but that's still preeeeetty small. Star Fox doesn't really have the same problem, I think. Fox, Falco, Slippy, Krystal, Team Star Fox, maybe James McCloud and his team, I think you could make that work. I also think a dog-fighting musou would be rad as hell.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Smash Bros.

or i guess kirby since each copy ability could work as each character

Pokemon is kinda amazing in that it hasn't gotten one considering how much potential there is

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Xenoblade would be a great fit, but I'm also hoping they try again with Fire Emblem at some point as well.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade, hell, even one based solely on XB2. I didn't spend all that time opening cores just for the blade to stand next to me while I did all the fighting, let me play as them dammit!

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
As long as they maintain some RPG mechanics, Pokemon and Xenoblade are the two I'd most likely try. No guarantee though, as I still didn't bother to try Fire Emblem Warriors.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Musou already exists. Made by nintendo themselves. I think only xenoblade would make sense but honestly i dont need it.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Kirby. Ton of fun and cute characters that all have crazy over the top cosmic powers.

Xenoblade is a close second, but I'm a bigger fan Kirby fan.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Smash Bros, obviously. Would be a really fun way to expand the brand

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Why isn't Donkey Kong in the poll? But seriously while Star Fox would be interesting, Xenoblade would be perfect, heck they already did Gundam warriors and OPPW4 paved the way for extreme scaling

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm going to be the weirdo that says Golden Sun. I think a lot of neat stuff could be done with the elements.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Either Xenoblade or Kid Icarus. Xenoblade just makes a ton of sense, and it would be nice if we got to see the KI characters interact more, and a Warriors game would be a great excuse for it (even if we aren't getting the same VA's as Uprising).

Amin_Parker

Dec 25, 2019
Tokyo
Xenoblade will be the next best obvious choice here. Clearly these medieval fantasy style/JRPG type of games would fit best with the Musou genre. Games where characters have swords, shield and magic fits best in this type of genre, which is why out of all Nintendo's franchises, Xenoblade (like Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda) would work best in this type of format. These are series to be taken seriously. There aren't too many cute little cuddly characters to take away from the maturity and seriousness of these games. Hopefully I explained this correctly.