• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I know we already have a thread about Q1 this year being incredibly light so far, per the generation winding down etc. I've been using it as a fine opportunity to wipe a few 2018/2019 games off the backlog, but which games released this year have you actually played?

For me it's been a grand total of 3 - AO Tennis 2 (PC), The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners (Oculus Rift), and Dreams (PS4).

I think Dreams in particular has really benefited from this big empty space without many significant releases. What about you lot, as we await the imminent onslaught of the year's remainder?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I've been focusing on beating Ori and the Blind Forest with a bit of Crash N-Sane Trilogy on the side. I also wrapped up Pokemon Shield pretty early on. Ori kind of loses steam after the amazing Ginso Tree sequence as it adds on too many new abilities for my liking, but it's still a great game throughout.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore counts as a new game I played that even if I already played it on Wii U. I guess I also played the FETH DLC. Other than that I'm mostly working on my backlog.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I try to clear my backlog a little but I played some new games like Journey to the Savage Planet and Darksiders Genesis. Oh, and Dreams, but I don't know if it's a new game since I played it last year too.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just one: Kunai

Its a Metroidvania where you play as a ninja with a tablet for a face? It just feels really great to move and attack around. Cool Game Boy Color inspired art style, great sense of design. Its for anybody who loves those 90s Japanese action games where overcoming challenges with style was the raison d'etre.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Just one, Warcraft 3 Reforged. Played through 9 other older games though.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Just one: Kunai

Its a Metroidvania where you play as a ninja with a tablet for a face? It just feels really great to move and attack around. Cool Game Boy Color inspired art style, great sense of design. Its for anybody who loves those 90s Japanese action games where overcoming challenges with style was the raison d'etre.

Just beat it it was a fun game though i think the final boss is a wee bit to much of a damage sponge. during the slow new year Beat Yakuza 2 and 3 just started AC origins and definitely enjoying it. First game in a long time where time literally flies when i play it

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a single one. Nothing has released this year that's interested me enough to buy it outside of TMS but I've got other jrpgs to finish before playing that.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I've been catching up on my backlog so far this year. Finished Life Is Strange 2 this morning and I definitely enjoyed it.

Probably going to focus on playing more of The Division 2 once I'm done downloading the new update

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Just Kentucky Route Zero so far. Been doing another run of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Golden Deer this time) and trying to finish up Judgment. At least next month has Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Just Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind.
The story scenario was pretty mediocre, but the collection of super bosses were amazing, and harder than those in FromSoft games. Really felt amazing to overcome all 14 of them.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Kingdom Hearts III ReMind?

I probably won't play a new game until Doom and Animal Crossing.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
There have been new games this year?

giphy.gif

I'm just kiddin

I've been too busy these past couple months to play anything :(

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Not a one. But this lull has given me the chance to beat FE: Awakening, and all three Fates games for the first time

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Zero, and I have no desire to play anything released so far this year. DOOM Eternal will be the first game of interest to me, but I'll wait until it's discounted.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Pedestrian is one of the best Puzzle Platformers I've played in a long time.
I recommend checking it out if you don't know about it...

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing through Dishonored 2 and having a blast. Also Mario + Rabbids which has been really fun.

And while it's not a new game for me, I decided to pick up again Cuphead and I'm enjoying it, even if it makes me rage. Just beat Grim Matchstick.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Starting tomorrow my first one. Kakarot.

Besides that I haven't played anything new this year.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I briefly played Warcraft 3: Refunded before I well... refunded it. It's been a crap year for me so far.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
honestly, absolutely nothing. I haven't had the time nor the money to buy anything. I've just been saving money and spending time studying. Pretty awful year so far