• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they're male it's gotta be Masaccio. Sure he's technically a quattrocento figure, but his contributions to the development of linear perspective should earn him a spot with the big 4, maybe you work that into the story somehow and say he's older and acts as a role model to the rest of the gang. The Trinity in Santa Maria Novella is so damn good. At first I was thinking more along the lines of Ghiberti, but he isn't known for his first name Lorenzo and that name is a little too close to Leonardo. Hieronymus or a more referential Ike (for Jan van Eyck) could be good choices too if you wanted to get a representative of the Northern Renaissance in the gang.

Masaccio_trinity.jpg

For a female turtle, I'd echo the call for Sofonisba, or Sofie for short if necessary. Artemisia feels like the more obvious choice but doesn't sit right in my mind for some reason. I always liked her self portrait while painting, always a great way of making two paintings in one.

800px-Self-portrait_at_the_Easel_Painting_a_Devotional_Panel_by_Sofonisba_Anguissola.jpg

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
That's neat. It's a very appropriate name.
I wonder why Jennika became Jennika and not Artemisia then.

Storywise she was a human who got made into a turtle so she wouldn't have the Renaissance name.

If you mean thematically, I'm guessing they didn't want to tip their hand that she would become a turtle as having the name like one would be a pretty strong giveaway.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Botticelli is the obvious choice if we're sticking with Italian Renaissance artists. If it's a woman, you've got a lot of options... I'd personally go with Fontana (the first "professional" female artist in European history) but there's no really famous options, so go wild.
In that case, I would go with Sofonisba... ahh beaten.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I'd name them Leonardo, thus making life harder for that idiot who thinks he's better than Raphael.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Titian is probably the greatest Italian rennaissance masters after Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello (well probably more famous than Donatello), and Raphael, but his name doesn't have that ring to it ... Titian? C'mon.

So gotta go with another monoymous Italian artist, Giotto.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Jennika's way better than the one Eastman and Laid considered introducing. Venus may even be better than Kirby:

Kirby-The-Fifth-Turtle.jpg