• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Film?

• Shrek 2

Votes: 213 51.4%
  • Short Circuit 2

Votes: 124 30.0%
  • Footloose

Votes: 42 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 35 8.5%

• Total voters

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Because of recency, honestly my first thought is that Arby's commercial where they play it, "I NEED A" and then Ving Rhames interrupts with "GYRO"

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Hercules. I know it's not right, but that's the first movie that came to mind.

I've seen Shrek 2 and Footloose, and vaguely recall the song in Shrek but don't at all remember it showing up in Footloose.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome came to mind for some reason. Must have thought Tina Turner sang it even though I know it was Bonnie Tyler. The brain is a weird thing. Or I don't really remember Shrek 2 or Footloose. Not even sure if I've seen Short Circuit 2. I think I remember it in Shrek 2 now I think on it, but could just be the suggestion from the poll.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
This question seems written for old people. I've never seen Footloose, and my generation's main exposure to that song, this Chris-chan video, isn't even an option.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome came to mind for some reason. Must have thought Tina Turner sang it even though I know it was Bonnie Tyler. The brain is a weird thing. Or I don't really remember Shrek 2 or Footloose. Not even sure if I've seen Short Circuit 2. I think I remember it in Shrek 2 now I think on it, but could just be the suggestion from the poll.
Tina Turner sang "We Don't Need Another Hero" for Beyond Thunderdome.

And yeah, Footloose was the original one. As someone posted the gif, it was the "Tractor Game-of-Chicken" scene.

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Howard the Duck, still. Somehow

Edit: I can't find reference to the song being in the movie, am I imagining things =s

Last edited:

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm straight baffled that Footloose is losing this poll. I wonder if it's because of the young demographics of this site.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Short Circuit 2, then Who's Harry Crumb? for me.

Forgot about it being in Shrek 2, and I've probably only seen Footloose once.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
It used to be Short Circuit 2 a long time ago but at this point Shrek 2 has dominated that part of my brain, first thing that popped up when I read the thread title.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
So if you're 40+ you're more likely to say Short Circuit 2 and if you are <40 then you're more likely to say Shrek 2. That's probably a fair assessment of this poll don't you think?

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I picked 'Other' for Saints Row: The Third. I'm old enough to have seen all of the others, but the way the game did it was bloody fantastic.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
So if you're 40+ you're more likely to say Short Circuit 2 and if you are <40 then you're more likely to say Shrek 2. That's probably a fair assessment of this poll don't you think?

30+ probably. It was only 1988 and the glory days of VHS rentals plus eagerly awaiting films being debuted on TV after a couple of years with numerous repeats thereafter.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
30+ probably. It was only 1988 and the glory days of VHS rentals plus eagerly awaiting films being debuted on TV after a couple of years with numerous repeats thereafter.

That might be more accurate. So let's say if you were an 80's child (best decade ever btw) then Short Circuit 2 and if you are a 90's child then Shrek 2.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm 42 and I've never seen Footloose. I'm not sure why. Since it's about dancing I bet young me considered it a girls' film, unlike Short Circuit which is about manly robotics. I should rectify that, but is Footloose actually a good film?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Shrek 2, unfortunately.

I saw Short Circuit 2 and probably even Footloose and even I didn't remember they did the song for those movies. The Shrek scene is clearly a derivative parody and by virtue of it being popular with a throwback song, I guess it gets to have it.

It's sort of like how I associate "Push it to the Limit" with the Safety Not Guaranteed meme rather than Scarface.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realize it was used in anything other than Short Circuit 2... and I've seen Shrek 2, haha.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Starting point for millennials is around 1983, so most would pick Short Circuit 2.

1980 is the start of the millennial generation, but even then they'd be young for Short Circuit 2.

SC2 votes are likely Gen-Xers voting for cheesy sequels.

Shrek 2 is 100% the millennial vote.

Short circuit 2 did it first. Shrek 2 did it better, and it's also one of the best scenes in animated movies every plot line and arc comes together perfectly.

No. Footloose did it first. It was written for Footloose. Debuted on the movie soundtrack and didn't get a release on one of Tyler's albums until two years later.