• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
With the release of Marvel's Spider-Man last fall, I wondered what would be the next new Marvel game to release in the coming years beside Avengers. Fasttrack to today, 2 more have been announced since then: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Iron Man VR. The former is now scheduled for this summer and the latter seems to be coming in 2019, it made me curious what could be coming next. So, in the light of recent announcements (and with Endgame coming soon): what are the other Marvel properties you would like to see turn into actual games? What kind of game would it be? What is the genre of the game (horror, adventure, sci-fi, etc)? How long is the game? Potential DLCs (story, costumes, new playable character(s))? Cameos? Visual style (give examples with photos recommended)? Original or Exisiting story? Origin or Veteran? Main enemy/enemies? Upgradable character (skill tree)?

Just a couple of rules in this thread:

• PLEASE be civil with each others.
• DO NOT mention the publishers or devs you would like to work on it.
• DO NOT mention the platform(s) you want the game to appear on. This way we can avoid the console wars shenanigans (and because next-gen could be coming soon, things could change). :P
• You CAN discuss rumored games (like Guardians of the Galaxy teased last fall by Eurogamer), but if you do, TELL us what are the hopes you have with these games.
• Also, if your game split into different spinoff (i.e. X-Men > Wolverine / Deadpool / Magneto), DESCRIBE the kind of game each spinoff would be and how they would intersect with each other.

For me, the first one would be: Blade

Why? The reason for that is simple, we only got mediocre games so far. :(

What kind of game would it be?
An open-world action game (hack-and-slash and can use guns) mostly set at night with a few daylight missions. You hunt familiars left and right to gather information about upcoming raids, turnings, locations of lieutenants. If you fail to kill one of these lieutenants, two things can happen: 1st - The guy/gal is enraged and launches an assault on your base of operation, which you need to clear out before going unto your next mission. 2nd - They team up with another lieutenant to ambush you in small alley during one of your side-quests or one of your rounds of the city.

What is the genre of the game (horror, adventure, sci-fi, etc)? A nice balance between a gory horror game and an action game ala DMC (wihout the style mechanic)

How long is the game? 25-35 hours.

Potential DLCs (story, costumes, new playable character(s))?
Costumes: Blade 1 & 2 movies suits, Earth-616, Blade anime

Cameos? Spider-Man, Morbius and Daredevil.

Visual style (give examples with photos recommended if not clear)?
A mix between Evil Within 2 and Devil May Cry 5.
546905-devil-may-cry-5-for-pc.jpg

Original or Exisiting story? Original.

Origin or Veteran? Veteran. Origins is given through lore exposure and certain side-missions.

Main enemy/enemies? The pure-Vampire lieutenants want to unleash a plague on humanity (with a tease for Dracula at the end)

Upgradable character (skill tree)? No skill tree, but unlockable fighting moves and upgradable weapons.

The other one I would like to see: Daredevil

Why? The only game we could have got based on him was cancelled due to the studio closure (the old SCE and Marvel of yore didn't agree on how to do things with this game and it suffered a lot because of it).

An open-world adventure game where you can both play Matt Murdock and Daredevil. During the day, you play as a lawyer (think Phoenix Attorney and LA Noire) and helping victims of thugs (side-activities you missed). At night, you play as Daredevil cleaning as much as you can before daytime. Helps with blocked investigations or with gathering information about The Hand.

What is the genre of the game (horror, adventure, sci-fi, etc)? Action adventure

How long is the game? 15-30 hours, where 15-20h is the main path while the rest is to complete the side-content.

Costumes: Netflix suits, Red on Black suit, Daredevil suit from Spider-Man 90s cartoon
Story: Major The Defenders story arc (teased throughout the game with phone calls and meet up with certain members in the base game) + The Punisher is wanted dead, you help him out of prison as both Matt Murdock and Daredevil.

Cameos? Blade and Spider-Man

Visual style (give examples with photos recommended if not clear)?
Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse or the Netflix grounded look.
Original or Exisiting story? Original

Origin or Veteran? Mid-veteran (still trying to figure out how to balance his day life and his night life)

Main enemy/enemies? The Hand, Kingpin, The Punisher (until you help him later)

Upgradable character (skill tree)? Yes. With 3 branches:Traversal, Stealth, Combat. Can intertwine too. Skills points are maxed after 2 branches are completed, the final one can be done in a New Game plus (skippable/fastforward cutscenes, more xps, less skill points, enemies tougher). Can also improve his fighting stats (strength, endurance, stamina, speed) day or night with boxing or martial arts. Learn new combat and grapple moves from these places.

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I´d love to see a Black Panther game.

- Open world like Arkham Knight.
- original story
- 25-30 hours.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
As my avatar probably indicates: Spider-Gwen / Spider-Woman.

While I do enjoy Silk and Spider-Woman, I'd love to see a game like Insomniac's Spider-Man, but applying the cel-shaded model type on the Classic suit to the whole game, complete with the bold colours and designs seen in the Spider-Gwen comics. I wouldn't mind some animated or stylised comic book/frame story moments and cinematics, like a modern version of what was presented in Max Payne. I think it would be interesting to tie in some Persona like "social links" as the late teenage Gwen Stacy attempts to balance her band, her education, her home life, dealing with the death of Peter Parker as well as being a full-time hero.

Plus the character is at an all time high in terms of popularity after Into the Spider-Verse and is appearing in other franchise offerings, like Lego sets and the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

Plus she plays drums and has the coolest costume and there's a cat called Murderface.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I think one of the coolest things that could ever happen in something like your Daredevil game is, say you're acting as the prosecution during one of the Ace Attorney-ish courtroom scenes and... The defense attorney is She-Hulk.

Or just a She-Hulk game that involves lawyer-ing. Give me superhero games where the secret identity isn't easily the worst part of the game / is weird and exciting.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Squirrel Girl adventure game following the unbeatable series would be glorious

Or Howard the Duck as a LA Noire parody

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Alsoooo, I've always really liked Neil Gaiman's take on

d0da80bb3b582f93a10be33dc30a7bd5.jpg

But I have no idea how you'd even go about adapting it to a game. It's Marvel, with the requisite Iron Man cameo and everything, but not really. Can't help but feel like it would have been a perfect Telltale property:

45263a2d06d1f11c2cbc8b898b4a5cb6._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Daredevil in VR where you only hear the game and get weird sonar style outlines for the world and enemies.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
A game like Fire Emblem / X-COM in which you control the X-Men. Dozens of characters to choose from and make squads and you could even create your own mutant avatar.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Silver Surfer traveling in space. No herald of galactus thing, just Surfer zipping around in the cosmos. If you want to you can land on the planets and help the native population with various issues (or hurt them if you're evil). Maybe you could encounter some other space heroes/villains as well if you get lucky.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Strange from Remedy. Their effects pipeline fits it perfectly and they wouldn't be afraid to get weird with it.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love another Hulk game. The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction showed you can make a pretty fun Hulk sandbox game in the right hands. Maybe they could do something different and make it a Planet Hulk game.

With that said though it's probably not the highest on the Marvel propertys that need games list.
I´d love to see a Black Panther game.

- Open world like Arkham Knight.
- original story
- 25-30 hours.
Black Panther would definitely be on my vote of next Superhero i'd love to see in a game similar to Spiderman/Arkham series.

Last edited:

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Rocket Raccoon's Hardware Emporium, a game where you create and design hardware to sell and beat out the competition. Run factories to churn them out faster and defend your territory with your own creations.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'd like a game based on Guardians of the Galaxy or Fantastic Four where you basically have the whole team fighting on the screen and you can rotate between playable character while the rest will be controlled by AI. Basically squad based action game with Marvel teams of 4--5 hereoes.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Ghost Rider
-Resident Evil 4 / Shadows of the Damned / The Evil Within style gameplay
-You play as Robbie Reyes and you have to journey to Hell to rescue Johnny Blaze's soul
-You fight Mephisto and other occult Marvel enemies
-Deadpool shows up as the Merchant and asks...."Whaddaya buying? Whaddaya selling? Thank you Stranger." "Deadpool, you know me." "Oh yeah, that's right."
-At some point, you question where you are because you're reliving Blaze's memories

Old Man Logan
-Full on homage to The Last of Us, down to the story
-Logan journeys across the country with Laura, who is a clone of him
-They fight the Hulks and various enemies as Logan is trying to escape Donald Pierce and his team
-Logan have to find painkillers every time he uses his claws since his healing factor no longer works as well

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Punisher

Would love to see it based on Max Payne 3 gunplay. Make it linear with tight story driven levels, include detective and scouting elements like Arkham Knight. Also ensure is extremely gory, with Frank often going into berserk mode if the conditions are right. Offer brutal melee combat too.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd have to say a Ms. Marvel game along the lines of Odyssey where you go around New Jersey in an original story. As for when, it'd be after Kamala begins to figure out her life as a hero.

OP
OP
F4r0_Atak

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I'd like a game based on Guardians of the Galaxy or Fantastic Four where you basically have the whole team fighting on the screen and you can rotate between playable character while the rest will be controlled by AI. Basically squad based action game with Marvel teams of 4--5 hereoes.
Don't know about Fantastic Four since Disney/Marvel managed not too long ago to get control over Fantastic Four and X-Men once Disney acquired Fox. As for the Guardians of the Galaxy, wasn't there a rumor picked up by both Kotaku and Eurogamer saying such thing "was on the way"?

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-01-30-dont-expect-another-deus-ex-game-anytime-soon
Back at Eidos Montreal, a small team is currently aiding Crystal Dynamics' Avengers project and, Eurogamer has heard, in the early stages of production on the second Marvel game based around Guardians of the Galaxy. This project will be lead by Eidos Montreal.

With its collaboration on Avengers, the full production of Guardians of the Galaxy and a big new Tomb Raider game to finish first, it sounds like the studio will be kept busy - and away from Deus Ex - for quite a while.

https://kotaku.com/sources-eidos-working-on-guardians-of-the-galaxy-game-1791775589/amp
The other, sources say, is a game based on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. That'll be the second entry in Square Enix's new partnership with Marvel, which the two companies announced last Thursday. Eidos Montreal is also helping out on The Avengers, which is helmed by Crystal Dynamics.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Action/Adventure RPG. Up to four player co-op. Game handles like AC Unity, in the sense that there's missions in an open world using either stealth or full on attack. You're basically an agent who hunts down wanted super villains.

Story would start with you and a group hunting down Hydra agents, one of them is a former shield agent. Turns out he went rogue because shield is compromised. Now you're compromised and you have to go on the run and take down the biggest security organization in the world.

Lots of hand to hand combat and pistols. Pretty much Jason Bourne.

Online mode would have the Helicarrier serve as a base and you and a group of friends can squad up and hunt down supervillains.

Oct 27, 2017
I want a God Butcher game, where there's multiverse space travel.

Third person action game where you kill various Gods from different universes and timelines.

OMGLX

Jun 4, 2018
Moon Knight

Why?
Despite my cursory knowledge about the Marvel comics universe, I admittedly know even less about Moon Knight, and I think that goes for a lot of people. I feel like taking on a relatively unknown character (at least compared to all of the ones that are currently in the public awareness thanks to X-Men movies, the MCU, and the Netflix shows) could be both a veritable playground for creators who can sculpt something without having to compare and contrast to myriad other iterations, as well as potentially provide an Iron Man like event (where a relatively unknown character suddenly is re-introduced to a much wider audience) but in a new medium.

An Action-Adventure game that strikes a precarious balance somewhere between the story and gameplay of Spider-Man PS4, the humor and irreverence of Deadpool, and the overall tone of the Batman: Arkham games. Additionally, because of his lesser-known status, could potentially play up some Punisher-esque brutality that might otherwise feel toothless if attached to that character, and its fandom's expectations. Where Spider-Man PS4 tends to set much of its scenes during the day, Moon Knight would invert that ratio and take place primarily at night. This Moon Knight could gain strength with the fullness of the moon (as a previous incarnation did)-- perhaps the wax and wane of the moon could provide a natural arc to the proceedings: for example, if a Full Moon took place during the middle of the narrative, with his power waning towards the end, but he is able overcome his limitations for the final fight. Additionally, would like to see a deeper set of skills, weapon and technology upgrades (and synergies) than what was evident in Spider-Man PS4, closer to something like God of War PS4, where obtaining all upgrades in a single run would be difficult. (Dream big, right? :p)

What is the genre of the game (horror, adventure, sci-fi, etc)?
Action-Adventure

How long is the game?
30+ hours, the main campaign measuring slightly longer than the average length of Spider-Man PS4 so as to provide a more complete introduction to the character and its world / supporting cast, which are not as familiar as Aunt May, Doc Ock, etc etc.

Story: If not addressed in the main campaign, a sidestory that reveals Moon Knight's immortality by way of resurrection by the god Khonshu & dwindling sanity at having to deal with multiple personalities. This is the narrative framework for what is mechanically a 'Hard Mode' ala Rise of the Tomb Raider's Endurance Mode or Prey's Mooncrash DLC where all main campaign progression is wiped and players must try to survive as long as possible, stopping petty crimes to secure the currency needed to rebuild Moon Knight's tech and combat abilities, and subsequently take on the major villains. Set during a persistent (accelerated?) day/night cycle where the challenge is increased during the day / waning moon phases, and players can strategically seek out harder events during full moons where their character is naturally stronger as a result. Failure results in resurrection which affects the subsequent run in a minor, but interesting way, possibly revealing additional world/character lore bits, somewhat reducing the sting of loss, ala Hades.
Costumes: Sure why not?

Cameos?
Spider-Man and Taskmaster to act as a firm tie to the 'Marvel Games Universe' as established in Spider-Man PS4, Doctor Strange & Luke Cage as teases for the future, Wonder Man as a curveball cameo.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
All y'all with your basic super heroes. Let's get weird.

632787.jpg

Sleepwalker game. Structured like Persona, wherein you play as the human host during the day, tackling university classes and ranking up relationships. Then in the evening (and sometimes during the day) you'll hear/see news reports about bad stuff happening and then have to make choices between going to sleep to summon your alien super hero counterpart or studying to maintain your grades or hanging out with your friends to maintain your relationships.

As Sleepwalker, you go through third person action stages setup like dungeons with super villains and whatnot as bosses. The longer you take on missions, the less time your human host has to do their day stuff, so it's all about balance and being efficient.

And who doesn't want to play as a muscled out alien goober?

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a third person action game starring Nightcrawler

I kind of imagine it like playing a more acrobatic Tracer but you can wall run, swing on poles with your tail, and teleport while holding enemies (leading to numerous environmental and physics based attack methods)

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Gwen by Platinum. Although, I think the guy that said he wanted to do that left the studio just recently??

rein

Apr 16, 2018
You work at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and your job is to seek out and recruit mutants. You can build a team and fight with them in missions. First or third-person. You can play as one of the existing x-men or your can create your own. Levelling up system, skills trees, etc.