• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zeshakag

Oct 28, 2017
Going number 2 while the bathroom floor in front of the toilet is wet, like at a locker room or camp restroom.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
It's no big deal but, I dislike that feeling of having freshly cut nails. It's like a weird sensation, especially when touching fabrics right afterward.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Not much in real life, and it's more pure dread. The thought of (spoilers for the Old Guard)

What happened to Quinh. Being immortal, stuck in a metal case on the bottom of the ocean. Drowning, coming back to life, drowning again, and again, and again...without knowing if and how it's ever gonna stop. Seems like actual hell. Definitely makes my skin crawl.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The sound of styrofoam squeaking

And
ThunderousSolidEmperorpenguin-max-1mb.gif

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Take a few folded up paper towels. Bite down on them and then move your teeth from side to side while biting down. It's the worst sensation on the planet.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Certain smooth surfaces, especially touching them with my fingertips. Synthetic fabrics such as nylon and polyester are the worst, but I can't stand satin either. Even the brushed metal of my phone is suspect.

Nylon is so bad I can't even look at people wearing all-nylon jackets for example. Hell just thinking about it and typing this makes me recoil.

I consider it a legitimate allergy. One that runs in the family, because my grandfather had the same reaction to cotton pads and my uncle suffered from it, too.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Tooth or nail injuries.
I volunteered in a hospital for three years as a teenager and got nice and comfortable with seeing all manner of other horrific injuries. Blood doesn't phase me and even bones sticking through skin stopped being a issue after the first couple I saw... but something about broken teeth or torn/split nails just always ruins me.

Beyond that…. Centipedes aren't great, I guess? Or swarms of maggots. But both to a much lesser degree than the teeth/nails thing.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Just the sight of cockroaches. I grew up with a lot of fear of them, especially when they evolve and start flying. I can't even google about them to learn more because they terrify me that much.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of things:

• Arguments/Yelling - Particularly if it's from a group of men. With women I'm not as bothered by it, it's just with guys I guess I don't fully trust how they'll act around other people and it puts me on edge.
  • Wasps - Having them around makes me stand still and bolt out of the room if the wasp starts inspecting my face up close
  • Vomit - Seeing people throw up or just on the ground makes me feel pure disgust

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I had this coworker who would clean their mouth with a toothpick while making loud mouth sounds and it made me want to die.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wet socks. Just the feeling of them triggers my SPD and puts my brain into lockdown.

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017
The thought that UGA is the best team in college football and will most likely win the National Championship this year.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chalkboards. Pencil on paper. Nail files on fingernails. Tryptophobia.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I saw a video where someone said they believe in meritocracy, and that capitalism = meritocracy

Definitely made my skin crawl

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Huge centipedes. I had one run across my bare foot once when I was a student, and since then, just thinking about them makes me super uncomfortable.

Also, those toads that carry their babies under a layer of skin in their back. I've seen a gif a decade ago of the moment they all pop out and it's the origin story of my trypophobia.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
The thought of having finger/toe nails ripped out. I can't take even thinking about it for too long.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
When you're talking to someone and inadvertantly get too close so they breathe into your mouth and their breath is like toxic waste shitting on a garbage dump. I got shivers just thinking about it.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing someone who is sweating all over and is not immediately running to a shower.

my worst fear in university was sitting next to someone in class who was sweaty and stinky. even thinking about it makes me feel icky.

one of the reasons why i dislike living in south florida.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Not all spiders, but specifically ones with tiny bodies and long thin legs. Daddy long legs. I never liked spiders, but as a kid I went to a summer camp in the woods and there was this cabin near the pool we used for changing into swimsuits. It was just stalls with hanging curtains for "doors," so the curtain is obviously bunched up to one side when you enter one of the stalls. I went into one, pulled the curtain to cover the opening, and there were probably 15 huge daddy long legs that had been in the folds of the closed curtain. They started crawling all over the curtain and I was literally frozen in fear until I eventually had an opening and ripped the curtain open to gtfo of there.