• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
There are obviously a ton of big games coming this fall, winter, and into next spring that will dominate discussions before, during, and after release. But what are some of the less talked about games coming out in the next several months that you're super pumped for? Maybe we can show them some love here.

I have a couple:

Season is a game that was shown off last Fall, and it's remained the PS5 game I'm most looking forward to. Every time Sony has a new showcase, I quietly wait to see if it'll be showed off again to no avail. I don't know what the core gameplay will be like, but I just love everything about the trailer that was shown. Unless it ends up being an abject failure, it'll probably be the first PS5 game I buy day one despite having owned the console since March.

The Anacrusis was shown off during the Xbox Games Showcase this summer. Although I loved the design of the world, it was a bit rough-looking due to the uninteresting enemy designs, gunplay that seemed a bit flat, and iffy character animations. But after being disappointed with the Back 4 Blood beta, I've found myself revisiting it, following the dev blogs, and even joining the developer's Discord, which is really good when it comes to community engagement. As a big Left 4 Dead fan, Chet Faliszek's involvement with the game and the community makes me hopeful that it'll be a surprisingly fun romp, and a quiet contender for scratching that Left 4 Dead itch especially now that Warhammer Darktide is delayed til next year. As much as I love zombie shooters, I'm also excited to try something that's much more colorful aesthetically.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm gonna play more hours of Chorus than this entire site combined, so that's my answer.

CerMakAlot

Feb 27, 2019
Haven't seen a ton of hype around Solar Ash, but I'm really looking forward to it. If it's anywhere near as cool as Hyper Light Drifter, it'll be something special.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Back 4 Blood.
Feels most of the internet has completely dismissed the game

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Something about the movement in Solar Ash speaks to me.

I didn't even care about Hyper Light Difter but when I see Solar Ash I get excited.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Recently it was "in sound mind" and it's really good thus far. First person thriller/horror game. Performance could do with some work and the volumetric implementation on PS5 is horrific. But the story, atmosphere, music and voice acting are all totally on point!

OP
OP
Addleburg

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Back 4 Blood.
Feels most of the internet has completely dismissed the game

Really? I feel like it's going to make a pretty decent splash when it launches next week, especially with its Game Pass support. It'll definitely make a bigger splash than that Aliens game that came out a month ago or so.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'd call it a less hyped game per se, as the team behind it has become rather famous because of Nier, but I'd say Voice of Cards counts. It's releasing roughly 1.5 month after its announcement on the Nintendo Direct, where it was bound to get a bit overshadowed by the bigger announcements, and despite having a demo, it still seems like it's out of the radar for many people. The fact that it has a table top game aesthetic makes a lot of people think it's a card game, which is something people don't want for some reason, while in reality it's basically a traditional JRPG. Honestly, I'd think that people would be more hyped about a new Yoko Taro game, even if it's a smaller scale title, but I guess stuff like the Nier mobile game or the fact that we don't know if they work on a new AAA game yet, probably don't help. Also, while I personally loved the demo, it feels like it didn't leave the best first impression on everyone, based on stuff I've read here and on twitter.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
- Glitchhikers
- Beacon Pines
- Citizen Sleeper
- Wolfstride
- Sable (my current GOTY)
- Vanaris Tactics
- A Space for the Unbound Webcomic
- More Coffee Talk
- Calico
- The Forest Cathedral
- Onsen Master
- Princess Farmer
- Wytchwood

All from the Indie Houses direct just a month ago. Sable's soundtrack is also by Japanese Breakfast which is exciting.

www.youtube.com

Better the Mask

Provided to YouTube by MasterworksBetter the Mask · Japanese BreakfastSable (Original Video Game Soundtrack)℗ 2021 Dead Oceans, under exclusive license to So...

Last edited:

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
also looking forward to Season

maxresdefault.jpg

and

maxresdefault.jpg

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Here's an obscure one. Jack Axe, a 4-player co-op platformer, just released and I will be buying it shortly

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Yo OP I feel like Anacrusis looks way better than b4b. I feel like it's going for a more l4d /edf in space type of thing. I hope they pull it off and make it good.

OP
OP
Addleburg

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
also looking forward to Season

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not even a Metal Slug guy, but I thought the artwork for this looked great.

Thanks OP, I completely forgot about Seasons! Deffo going on my radar

💪🏾

Yo OP I feel like Anacrusis looks way better than b4b. I feel like it's going for a more l4d /edf in space type of thing. I hope they pull it off and make it good.

I hope they pull it off, too! It's supposed to be coming out this Fall, so provided there isn't some delay planned that they've yet to communicate, I feel like a release date should be announced fairly soon. Even if aspects of the game start rough, I think as long as they nail the tone and humor, it'll be good. I was disappointed with how little charm the B4B beta had compared to L4D 1/2. Even the release trailers have been super dour, which I know is a weird thing to complain about with a zombie game on its face, but here we are.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Back 4 Blood has opened up for early access for the premium tiers and there's no mention of it or any OT available lol. I know its 5 days out from launch but still lol

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
While we haven't actually seen anything of the game, I think State of Decay 3 is gonna be something special.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely In Sound Mind & Solar Ash! I'm super excited about checking out Chasing Static!

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Solar Ash. I was truly disturbed by how few people were talking about it in that "What are you buying in October?" thread.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Sports Story for me. Golf Story was absolutely fantastic, and I love supporting local (Aussie) games. The devs are obviously putting a tonne of work into it so I'm very keen to play it. I know it has a decent amount of hype but I'm worried it'll get left behind now that Switch is abound with indies.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sports Story for me. Golf Story was absolutely fantastic, and I love supporting local (Aussie) games. The devs are obviously putting a tonne of work into it so I'm very keen to play it. I know it has a decent amount of hype but I'm worried it'll get left behind now that Switch is abound with indies.

sports story is up there with silksong for me

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
If DLC counts...then the Blasphemous update coming in December is way up there:

Other than that...Fallen Aces is something that I feel was completely overlooked when it was announced because of all the other things that were announced with it. Also, I need Exo One something fierce. I at least need a more firm release date than "Coming Soon" because this is brutal. Two years almost to the day that its been on my wishlist, and it's said "Coming Soon" ever since then. *sigh*

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
UFO 50 and Rogue Legacy 2. UFO 50 seems like it's an impossible dream at this point.