• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
I'm not sure if it was a Launch Title, but it was in Launch Window... Assassins Creed Black Flag.

Never enjoyed it.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Knack, and I still don't hate it!

I also have intense nostalgia for pretty much every shitty PS2 launch game.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Red Steel-the counterpoint to wii sports"hey this motion control stuff isn;t bad"

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Fantavision is what came to mind. TrickStyle on the Dreamcast, too, which was very much a swimming in 7s sort of game.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I think for me it was Road Avenger for the Mega CD. Looked great for the first 10 minutes then the boredom kicked in.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
The closest I got is Shadow Fall being packaged with the PS4, but I couldn't keep playing it past the second area! For PS2 I avoided all the trash expertly by getting Tekken Tag only and catching up the PS1 games I missed.

Those are the only two systems I got around launch.

Nov 8, 2017
Killzone: Shadow Fall. It came with my launch bundle. I didn't even really want it; only reason I chose that bundle was for the Camera and extra DS4.

I remember thinking Rayman Origins would become one of these with my Vita launch bundle, and then it turned out to be the greatest 2D platformer ever made, to the point where I bought the PS3 version too just to replay it and get another Platinum trophy.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Pilotwings 3ds. Not a terrible game but very middle of the road.
The 3ds launch was pretty awful in general.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Super Bomberman R, while it was decent fun.. I probably never would have bought it if it wasnt at launch.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendoland for Wii U
I uses to play a little after long sessions with New Super Mario Bros U.

I still don't understand why this game gets so much love, it's pretty boring...

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Altered Beast. I loved it, thought it was amazing that I was getting the arcade experience at home, and playing it now...woof.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
This! I remember picking up a PS1 on launch in the UK and this was my first full game. Graphically it was kinda cool, but it was a poor everywhere else.

It was interesting that they re-engineered into being kind of a poor clone of SSFIIT from the arcade being more like MK iirc, but yeah it was still not the SF you would want coming from the 16 bit generation.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I generally wait with buying consoles a few years but the Vita came ut just as I was moving abroad for a while and I platinum'd a few mediocre ones like Army Corps of Hell and Asphalt Injection. I feel I had fun with both and the Vita was the only console I had with me so no regrets.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

maxresdefault.jpg

This scene at the start of the game was mind-blowing for the detail of character models that the PS2 could achieve compared to the PS1 (we all know the "you're the best lookinh guy here" meme =P)

maxresdefault.jpg
Sorcerer Orphen is actually inexplicably getting a new anime adaptation next year (with surprisingly decent staff).

Oct 31, 2017
I think I convinced myself that I loved Enchanted Arms but I recently rebought it and oh my lord it's pretty shitty

Also has like the most irritatingly repetitive and generic-sounding battle theme of any JRPG

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
This thing. Bought with the OgXbox with Halo. I preferred this shit to Dead or Alive 3.

513P9AEQV3L.jpg

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's creed, black flag. I know its regarded as one of the better acs. I sure didnt think so. The story was so bland i cant remember a single thing about it, didnt like the naval combat at all, and if i remember correctly the main campaign was gated by naval missions that were REALLY hard to get through if you didnt spend a good chunk of time collecting mats to upgrade your ship.

It was the first game i played on my ps4 though, and i still had a good time playing it to completion, but looking back, it really wasnt a good game at all..

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Killzone: Shadow Fall.

geniunely couldnt stomach playing more than 1 or 2 levels a day, it looked incredible but i was bored out of my mind. Had more fun with Knack which was just ok lol, thankfully I rented both tho so no real regret since i used a membership I was paying for already anyways.

Jack Bonjour

Jan 15, 2018
Red Steel. I remember being super hyped for it, too. Liked it back in the day, but when looking back at it... It doesn't hold up.

Red Steel 2 is really good (and good looking) though!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Ryse but kind of a stretch because i just wanted pretty gfx and got it. i'd probably be still impressed with it in that regard

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Killzone Shadowfall was so bad, I don't think I managed to reach the halfway point.

It was pretty though.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I still own Resistance Fall of Man. Haven't played it in... well, since launch really, but I own it.
Same with Eye of Judgement. I tried trading it in years ago but they refused because I didn't have the PlayStation Eye camera. So I'm stuck with this thing until I decide to throw it away.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Waku Waku 7 is a fun game, but there is a 0% chance that I would ever bought it if it wasn't a Switch launch window title.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Altered Beast? It was so crap that I would hotswap it with Sonic and get some weird hybrid Sonic Beast games going.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The only two times I bought a console at launch were for the 3DS (which I got with Ridge Racer 3D and Super Street Fighter IV) and the Switch (which I got with BotW and Super Bomberman R, with Binding of Isaac Afterbirth a week after).

None of those games were bad, but I will say that I wasn't really that into any of them except for Breath of the Wild. I probably would have played and liked Bomberman more, though, if it weren't for BotW.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
People shit on Red Steel but I've played thru it multiple times. Fun game, has its bugs but I still enjoy it. Can be pretty sometimes too.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Never bought a console on launch, but I played Sonic 2006 far too much because it was the only game I had with my 360 for a couple of months (thank god I eventually got Geometry Wars).

plau

Oct 30, 2017
Halo: Combat Evolved

I played it quite a bit too because my friends liked it.