• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
flGAd37.jpg

So a lot of people think Sasuke got off scott free with all the crap he pulled throughout the series. Due to this, what kind of reprecussions do you think would have been befitting for Sasuke then?

Oct 25, 2017
He honestly should've died. The fact that he tried to seriously kill Sakura not once, but twice made him completely irredeemable. Not to mention all the other shit, like attacking all 5 of the kage, killing the samurai, helping the Akatsuki etc... Him ending up marrying and having a child with her is a fucking joke.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a ninja world where people murder and assassinate others with impunity. He's one of the strongest ninjas out there. There's nothing they could have done to punish him, lol, and I'm not sure he broke any laws in a world where every village has a squad of ninja-killers whose sole duty is to merc people that are causing too much trouble based on whatever the Kage of that nation's idea of "too much trouble" is at the time.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
He honestly should've died. The fact that he tried to seriously kill Sakura not once, but twice made him completely irredeemable. Not to mention all the other shit, like attacking all 5 of the kage, killing the samurai, helping the Akatsuki etc... Him ending up marrying and having a child with her is a fucking joke.
Not only that is really gross this is abusive stuff but they played it off like none of it matters now.

Nov 17, 2017
I'd say he should've not been allowed to settle down and have a normal life and instead been made to spend over a decade of his life searching the land and other dimensions for clues about Kaguya.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Who cares, what punishment because he killed a loser from kumo. I mean with out his ass they'd have lost to Kaguya/Madara.

People just have a hate boner for Sasuke because he's a asshole for half the series.

He was right for trying to wipe out the kages, a bunch of countries where they militarize children.

Last edited:

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I guess he was a child when he was radicalized, so that complicates things. It doesn't seem like he needed deprogramming.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
People out here looking to get after the Sauce when Kabuto uses a forbidden jutsu to resurrect all the greatest names in the shinobi world to fight in a war against all the Ninja nations, resulting in 10s of thousands dead - and his punishment is he gets to run an orphanage.

Mib

Nov 16, 2017
He's kind of right in the end though...

Also, the Naruto world is a collection of maritocratic military states run by secret police and child soldiers. There's no formal international law, and prior to part 3 most of the Kages would have tried the exact same thing if they could get away with it. Sasuke just happens to be the only person capable of doing it with nothing to lose.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
They couldn't do anything he would have killed a majority of them if they tried anything. They scared. Sasuke best character in Boruto.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Should have gone where Madara, Obito and Itachi went.

But hey it's a ninja world, where they train young soldiers.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Eh, it is never that clear cut because if you try to judge him by our modern (mostly) peaceful times, then he would probably be let off
because his radicalization happened when he was between the ages of 13-17.
And in the same sense, the Kages would probably be seen as international war criminals of the highest order.

And if you try to judge him by the in-universe morals, basically everyone not named Naruto comes out looking pretty terrible.
His stance at the end mostly focuses on the idea that he will do all the dirty work so that others don't have to, and is basically a direct response to all the corrupt and under-handed tactics of the various Kages. An obviously misguided vision of the future, but somewhat understandable considering what he knew at that point.

We see through some of Jiraiya/Sannin's flashbacks that the world is basically completely fucked thanks to the war-profiteering of the Kages and their never ending proxy wars that dragged innocent people into the chaos more often than not.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Something, anything. Narrative-wise death would make sense but I don't think the character necessary needed to die. Just put him in ninja prison or exile him so he can spend the rest of his life as a wanderer who goes around trying to make up for what he's done.

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
The fact that they forgave him is absolutely INSANE. He was basically eating children for years, not even taking into account the number of ninja that died from his numerous attacks on Konoha and the world.
He is even the reason Sasuke deserted lmao

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Death. When I was reading the last chapter, I thought he was dead when Naruto was having that emotional talk with him as they lay there after their fight. I thought that would've been a really strong ending.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Less concerned with Sasuke's self-imposed exile, more baffled by how the series handled fucking Orochimaru.

...like...fucking what??

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018

Is so stupid that of the 7 people in the video 5 were forgiven

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
They couldn't do anything he would have killed a majority of them if they tried anything. They scared. Sasuke best character in Boruto.
I'm pretty show it was also touched upon in the Boruto anime that they keep people like Sasuke and Orochimaru around because there may be threats like Kaguya in the future that require people with ridiculous power sets to deal with...which describe people like Sasukae and Orochimaru well.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I feel it would have been appropriate for Naruto to kill him at the waterfall place they fought at before instead of what actually happened.

Nov 17, 2017
Something, anything. Narrative-wise death would make sense but I don't think the character necessary needed to die. Just put him in ninja prison or exile him so he can spend the rest of his life as a wanderer who goes around trying to make up for what he's done.
This is basically exactly what Sasuke does and is doing post Naruto though.

I feel it would have been appropriate for Naruto to kill him at the waterfall place they fought at before instead of what actually happened.
That would've gone against everything Naruto stood for and the theme of the story. It definitely would not have been appropriate.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That would've gone against everything Naruto stood for and the theme of the story. It definitely would not have been appropriate.

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people forget we are talking about the shonen manga Naruto and not The Boys or something else in these threads.

If there was an ending where Naruto killed Sasuke himself, it would surely be the bad ending where that killing would taint who he is as a person
and possibly lead him to just be another cog in the war-based society the Kages had built up, instead of the more progressive and peaceful world we see in Boruto. Naruto's main strength as a character has always been his ability to forgive his hated enemies, which is seen as a breath of fresh air to all the other characters who are wholly consumed by cycles of hatred in their world.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Either death or (if he didn't have that stupid double down after learning Utachi's truth) become Hokage.

The non-committal fate of "he's just walking around" is the most flaccid thing that could have been done with his character.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Sasuke being minus an arm and under the employ of the leaf village, left to wander around doing missions till the end of his life isn't all that bad. You basically balance his crimes against the fact that he helped save the whole damn world from the evil chakra alien and it works out. Plus, you have to imagine he's doing all this with the understanding that if he starts up with that bullshit again, Naruto and the village will have to put him down.

It's the fact that he marries Sakura and has a kid and happy family that does it for me. It greatly devalues Sakura's character and really makes it look as though he got off with ZERO consequences. Especially when you consider he still kind of treats her like shit and apparently is around so little that he didn't recognize his own damn daughter upon meeting her.

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I feel like a lot of people forget we are talking about the shonen manga Naruto and not The Boys or something else in these threads.

If there was an ending where Naruto killed Sasuke himself, it would surely be the bad ending where that killing would taint who he is as a person
and possibly lead him to just be another cog in the war-based society the Kages had built up, instead of the more progressive and peaceful world we see in Boruto. Naruto's main strength as a character has always been his ability to forgive his hated enemies, which is seen as a breath of fresh air to all the other characters who are wholly consumed by cycles of hatred in their world.
Exactly. Imagine after the Pain Arc, Naruto just decides "yeah I'm gonna murder Sasuke."

I think people mostly meme and don't actually think critically about what the series is about. They're just repeating the same points. I mean, this isn't the first or last Naruto thread about Sasuke's redemption. I'm almost sure that this isn't even the first one from the OP.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

By that reasoning then shouldn't Gaara die and the Raikage? Both have done worse.

Sasuke being minus an arm and under the employ of the leaf village, left to wander around doing missions till the end of his life isn't all that bad. You basically balance his crimes against the fact that he helped save the whole damn world from the evil chakra alien and it works out. Plus, you have to imagine he's doing all this with the understanding that if he starts up with that bullshit again, Naruto and the village will have to put him down.

It's the fact that he marries Sakura and has a kid and happy family that does it for me. It greatly devalues Sakura's character and really makes it look as though he got off with ZERO consequences. Especially when you consider he still kind of treats her like shit and apparently is around so little that he didn't recognize his own damn daughter upon meeting her.

Can it really devalue Sakura's character when she's already a zero?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
By that reasoning then shouldn't Gaara die and the Raikage? Both have done worse.

Can it really devalue Sakura's character when she's already a zero?
Amazingly, yes. You would think she couldn't go any lower given her general treatment in the story, but then Kishi has her shack up with the guy who spent most of the series either trying to kill her or completely ignoring her. It's absurd.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Amazingly, yes. You would think she couldn't go any lower given her general treatment in the story, but then Kishi has her shack up with the guy who spent most of the series either trying to kill her or completely ignoring her. It's absurd.

I mean if it was a twist, sure, but I thought it was obvious that Kishi was going to have these two end up together because (1) Naruto pretty much tied his fate to saving and redeeming Sasuke & Naruto wasn't going to die for good (2) Sakura's feelings for Sasuke never changed throughout the whole story even when he tried to kill her (3) Sakura's the only female that Sasuke has even given an iota of a fuck about. Like, the story prepped me for this outcome and she was already an awful character that nothing would've surprised anymore when it comes to her.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The fact that they forgave him is absolutely INSANE. He was basically eating children for years, not even taking into account the number of ninja that died from his numerous attacks on Konoha and the world.

Yep

can't believe they turned a blind eye especially with what happened with the third hokage

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Sasuke is basically Kyle Ren he should have sacrificed himself

Redemption via death is the most flaccid thing you could do. There's no possibilities with the character after that and it's honestly the easy way out for a redemption story.

Imprisonment or exile.

He's pretty much exiled in practice anyway.

He definitely didn't deserve a family and kids that's for sure.

I mean he has them but he doesn't get to enjoy them because of his atonement journey.

Is so stupid that of the 7 people in the video 5 were forgiven

I mean the basic tenet of Naruto is that no one is beyond forgiveness if they feel remorse.

Orochimaru was technically not forgiven. He's more like Konoha's pet kept on a short leash. He's basically their Mayuri now.

Prison for life

He was a Goddamn terrorist

And Gaara was a serial killer. Now he's Kazekage.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I mean if it was a twist, sure, but I thought it was obvious that Kishi was going to have these two end up together because (1) Naruto pretty much tied his fate to saving and redeeming Sasuke & Naruto wasn't going to die for good (2) Sakura's feelings for Sasuke never changed throughout the whole story even when he tried to kill her (3) Sakura's the only female that Sasuke has even given an iota of a fuck about. Like, the story prepped me for this outcome and she was already an awful character that nothing would've surprised anymore when it comes to her.
Tbh, the fact that it was set up and Kishi never backed down makes it even worse to me. Like, at some point, he really should have realized how fucked it would be to have Sakura and Sasuke end up together and just called an audible. Hell, he could have even justified it by having Sasuke decide not restart his clan as part of his/their repentance and let the Uchiha die with him. Sakura could have married, idk, Shino or something cause honestly who cares.