• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I have to say military , I used to see a lot of try hards in and I find it amusing that they think it will get them promoted faster, that's not how it works.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Is working hard and being proud of your work considered "try hard" now?
Hehe that's not what I meant , some people only work hard just to get ahead no matter how many people they screw over or what other bad thing they do.Also, It's good to have pride in your work but don't make it your whole life

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Retail and the service industry. You'll move up faster making friends with the people in charge than just actually working harder.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
As a tryhard in IT Consulting, IT Consulting. I think my boss even laments the fact that I'm this way because if I spread myself thin over multiple projects that I'd half-ass instead of dedicating all of my energy towards making one client extremely satisfied and impressed it'd be more financially lucrative for him.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
It's not good enough to just be a tryhard

You need to also have good, charismatic, respectable, commandable, communicative skills and an ability to persuade through said skills. You can't just do hard work and expect to be rewarded with attention. You need to command the attention with positive reverberations

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Being a first responder—you will die.

Nobody wants the extra work of having to save you or dying along with you.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
ALmost all of them. You'll get ahead quicker knowing the right people rather than being the idiot who loves capitalism so much you sacrifice your personal life volunteering to work crazy hours bc "I'd be bored if I wasn't at work" and bending over backwards to please the company