• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TRON Legacy folks?

• I love it

Votes: 256 51.5%
  • It's alright

Votes: 183 36.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 42 8.5%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 16 3.2%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2017
An audio/visual masterpiece. The OST is possibly the most perfectly "fitted" music to any movie I've seen.

The story is meh, which tbh tarnishes the whole thing to the extent I just listen to the OST album and am more satisfied than watching the film.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Its grown on me considerably over the years. There really isn't anything else like it, warts and all.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite music video.

No but I like it a lot. But any other music and it would have been meh.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Soundtrack was dope as fuck. The style and look was dope as fuck. It has a coolness about it.

But movie itself was average at best.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Needs an option between it's alright and i love it.

I really liked it, but i didn't love it, better than "alright" though! the visuals and soundtrack helped to elevate it a lot made it better than it had any right to be.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Saw it in Imax, one of the best theater outings with friends. I still listen to the soundtrack to this day. Loved Uprising and rewatch it every so often. I just love the world and still has untapped potential for more. I hold onto hope for Tron 3.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite SciFi short film beginning until they leave the battle arena).

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I love it. Its got a lot of flaws, but to me the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I enjoy this movie, I've watched it numerous times, and it makes me feel good each time I watch it. That's really all I'm looking for in terms of whether I label a movie "good" or not.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
It's a 2 hour long Daft Punk music video and that's A+ in my book.
Also, the high contrast nature of the design made the 3D element in theaters one of the few that worked quite well.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I raise you this sick mix!

YawningDishonestAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Good looking movie that doesn't really try to make sense. Depends far too much on investment in the first film which limited its appeal. I'm actually surprised that it gets so much love online from (what it feels like) the same people who enjoy Alita or Speed Racer, when this movie doesn't aim for any kind of emotional depth.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I wish it was more sucessful than it ended up being. On the bright side, its getting a roller coaster in Disney World, so it will always have a certain amount of mind share to people, and maybe that'll lead to another movie one day.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Loved it, so glad I saw it in theaters. I've listened to that soundtrack many many times.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
A very good film, I was surprised at how good it was.

Soundtrack is incredible.

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
Nice visual and music, but God the story sucks. I watched it the first time in high school and even then I thought it made no damn sense.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Soundtrack is straight up fire. Everything else is kind of just okay. I would love a sequel though.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
My wife and I both love it. Soundtrack is perfect and love the style of the movie. Sure it is confusing but still enjoy the ride.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
It's all surface but lordy what surface it is.
This. The story, and Garrett Hedlund as Sam are both not great, and Bridges 'The Dude as Jesus' is maybe a bit much as times, but oh man it's a feast to look at and listen to in every other respect. I really wish it hadn't tanked so that Disney would go back to the world it created (in live action) so we can get more Tron. Bruce Boxleitner ain't getting any younger after all

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Soundtrack, some visuals, Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde are all great, and Tron's thematics are generally cool. But the script/dialogue/acting is average at best, and can be pretty cringey and unnatural. The lead dude was like a slightly better Hayden Christiansen. If a few things were shifted in another direction, it could have been a classic. But they missed the mark.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
It's an audio visual treat. To the point I qualify it a good movie, despite an uninteresting story and bland characters, it still works well enough cause it's so good looking and sounding.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Better than I ever could have imagined. I wish 3D tvs were still a popular thing because this is one of the few films that is enhanced by it.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
I love it and watch it at least once a year. Glad I have a 3D Capable LG OLED. This is a real treat in 3D.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love it but I thought it was fun and a good sequel to the first. Was looking forward to another.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
seeing it in theaters was an incredible experience. I never see movies twice, but I did with Tron: Legacy because it was so dazzling. Really disappointed that the sequel tease never went anywhere, especially since Cillian Murphy would be a fantastic antagonist.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really liked it, and was bummed we never got a sequel. It's crazy that a franchise that seems to have had so much impact has so little actual content.