• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Quit or heavily downsize on Soda consumption. Looking into getting a sodastream to help with the transition.
Gain enough confidence to ask a girl out and start dating.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of a toxic ass relationship and moved out of the apartment this week. Gonna just focus on myself for a bit, particularly my debt. Gonna try eating a little better now. I wanna play some more video games as the relationship made me play very little this year.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
- Finally get my own place (apartment or house depending on how my company does next year)
- Regain my social life after years of rebuilding myself
- Create a workout routine
- Stay humble

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not flunk out of uni in the school I want doing the major I've always wanted

If I do flunk out...

...that'll be that. I'll probably go for something easier and try to live an easy life.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
To have a dog again. I want a German Shepherd.

I know what they are like, and what kind of commitment they are. I raised two of them myself, and my parents raised a few when I was a kid.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I actually have some this year.

• Finish a couple of my certifications
• Get a job upgrade/start freelancing on the side
• Ask out someone way out of my league just to see what happens

Last edited:

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
  • Graduate from college with decent grades
  • Find a decent job
  • Confess to my crush
  • Finish rereading One Piece.. it's been a year already!

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Not really a resolution but im gonna try a low carb, gluten free diet to see if that helps clear up my psoriasis a bit. It includes no more beer, which is going to hurt, but weeds legal in 4 days so ill be allright.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Hopefully I can stop self sabotaging myself and do the things I know I have to do but would normally talk myself out of doing.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
1920x1080

Also my resolution, get enough money to get the Working Holiday visa to Japan and go there for a year.

Oct 27, 2017
- Lose some weight.
- Budget better. Spend less money on food (should hopefully go hand in hand with the first point)
- Finish my damn book/story/novel. I've been 'writing' it for ages and this year I want to actually finish it, not necessarily to do anything with, just to actually know I've managed to finish it.
- Sell some art. I've been working on drawing birds and they're looking quite good, so thought I'd get them properly scanned so I have them as image files and then I can print as needed and sell them as framed prints.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
  • Spend less time online, and in particular, stop being on my phone in front of the kids.
  • Tying in with the above: spend more quality time with the family.
  • Get some house renovation projects done.
  • Continue to be disciplined with the finances and pay down a chunk of the mortgage by the end of the year. The ideal would be to aim to be in a position to be able to cut down to 4 days a week by the end of the year (will be a major challenge but we need a better work/life balance).
  • Plan a big party for my wife's birthday (it's a significant number!)
  • Try and hit 3,000 miles commuting on the bike this year (this will be a bit of a push but any improvement over this year will be a good result - I did 2,000 this year but that's with a three-month layoff).

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Get my body and mind ready for my kid being born next year. Clear out all my old stuff and sell it.

Oct 27, 2017
  • Get thin or die tryin' (couch to 5k. Cut down on alcohol and bad foods etc)
  • Meditate more
  • Focus on family vs work more
  • Finalise fixing up our old house (chimney repairs, kitchen refit)

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My main three:

-meet new people
-change lunch routine (now €10 on a daily basis, so I can cut costs a lot)
-reduce my backlog

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One that's very important to me is to just have daily goals. I need to have something each day that I strive towards. Other than that I also need longer-term goals, that I can work on so I actually have something to look forward to in the future.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Same as last years resolution, weight, sugar watch, looking in the mirror less, stabilizing money, taking more responsibility etc. I can't wait for that ball to drop on the planet.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I mostly do quarterly goals as those are easier to get going and accomplish. Haven't come up with mine yet but in 2020 I really want to save more money/spend less and learn how to cook.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Cut some sugary snacks out of my diet. I have a problem, gummy bears or specifically, Harbo Twin Snakes are my weakness. I think I can do it. Thinking I'll try to replace them with jerky or dried fruits.

We'll see.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Never cared for new years resolutions.. but think I'm gonna take things seriously this year.

Pay off most of my credit
Learn to drive
Learn the guitar
Work out consistently
Learn a language
Find a new job
Improve my diet.

I've started these things previously but never got round to 'completing' it.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Lower my bodyfat %
2. Grow out my hair and get the Sam Winchester look
3. Travel more

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So last month I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. I've always struggled with being overweight for years, and poor dieting eventually led to that with a calvacade of other health issues like my body have a lot of water retention. Thankfully, the hospital caught it in time and managed to drain all the excess fluid from my body, all 100lbs worth. I've been discharged for about a month now and have completely changed my eating habits, going on a low-sodium, low-carb diet and so far I've continued to lose steady weight.

Weight-Loss.png

My goal for 2020 is to continue to lose weight, around 60lbs or so because that would put me at the recommended level my doctor was encouraging me to get to once discharged.

Thankfully my family has been fully supportive in helping me through all of this, and since shedding so much weight by sleep has been massively improving and breathing is much easier.

That's a terrifying health scare. Congrats on the progress. You've got this!

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Get some It certificates.
Get a good exercise/eating regimen going again
Pay off debt
Get my photography business going again
Find an it job to accompany my photo business.
Try not to lose my mind.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
-Get back to working out regularly (already started this week) now that I'm mostly healed up from surgery to repair a bicep tendon torn in the gym in summer

-Lose 15lbs or so. I'm mostly thin but have put on a bit of a beer gut and some love handles.

-Drink less (dry January and then only weekends/socially and in moderation) and eat a bit more health

-Eat out/order delivery less to be healthier and spend less

-Work on our marriage some. It's still mostly great, just could have sex more often and do more active things together and less just cuddling and binging tv

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
No particular resolution for the new year. I generally try to make habitual changes as they're needed. So I guess the main resolution is to continue a lot of the changes I've made in the last 6 months:
- Exercising (yoga 4x times a week, cardio 2x a week, Ring Fit Adventure whenever)
- Work on my mental/emotional baggage with my therapist
- Eating better, eating less, and eating slower
- Drinking even less (currently max of 4 drinks on weekends, would like to get down to 0-2 drinks max) and being more mindful of the drinks i'm ordering / making (less fruity girly cocktails)
- Meditating daily (10 minutes before and after bed each day)
- Downsizing the amount of shit stuff I have in my apartment
- Getting out into the outdoors/woods more often

The only other goals I have for next year are to 1) plan a vacation for myself to travel somewhere and 2) get back into the dating pool once I feel ready