• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game are you most anticipating?

• Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 647 49.8%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 193 14.9%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 189 14.6%
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Votes: 44 3.4%
  • Watch Dogs Legion

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 216 16.6%

• Total voters

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Inspired by the thread about GOTY so far from first half 2020, I ask which game you are most excited about that is coming in the second half of 2020?

For me, it is Cyberpunk 2077. The Witcher 3 is a top-5 game of all-time for me. So CD Projekt Red will always have my attention. While cyberpunk settings aren't my favorite in the world (I'd be even more excited for The Witcher 4), CD Projekt are masters at mature storytelling, writing, characters, and quests. For that reason, I'm super hyped.

Notable releases:
Cyberpunk 2077
Halo Infinite
Ghost of Tsushima
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Watch Dogs Legion
Marvel's Avengers
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Crash 4
Tony Hawk 1 & 2
Mafia 1 Remake
The Medium
Amnesia Rebirth
Kena
Tell Me Why
Deathloop

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, also Cyberpunk here even though I don't think I'll play it until I upgrade my PC. Really hope it delivers. My main concern is the controls. CDPR isn't exactly known for responsive or intuitive control schemes.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Maybe the rumored Mario remasters? I'm still hoping to find out what Nintendo has planned for the holiday season.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Definitely Crash 4, but Kena is a close second. Really looking forward to Away: The Survival Series also.

Last edited:

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077 is the game Im most looking forward to.

I say this as someone who think Witcher 3 is overrated (solid 8/10 with some key issues holding it back from masterpiece status that it is in everyone's eyes).

I just like futuristic setrings, cyberpunk asthethics, AND first person games, so its like they made CP2077 just for me.

Other than that, Im looking forward to AC Valhalla, Tomy Hawk Remake, Crash 4, Pokemon Snap, Star Wars Squadrons, Watch Dogs Legion, Dirt 5, Spiderman, Halo Infinte, and Ghost of Tsushima. Pretty sure I forgot some, as well.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
In my heart, I want to say Fight Crab.

In actuality, most of the stuff I'm looking forward to still doesn't have a firm date + with Covid, not sure if they'll actually make this year. So I guess the new Story of Seasons game.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, excited to see what CD Project Red has created and I can't wait to play as a Viking in AC.

Oct 25, 2017
Kena: Bridge of Spirits. It looks so adorable and interesting, I hope it delivers. Oh, I guess Ghost of Tsushima is H2 release? That as well.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 because I've legit been craving Tony Hawk gameplay for two whole generations (and I passed on Tony Hawk HD last gen) and seriously can't wait to dive in with the recent "Activision remaster" treatment in September. So happy it's coming.

Cyberpunk would win hands down but I'll be waiting until 2021 to play, from the sound of things -- gonna wait for next gen console update before I dive in.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
capsule_616x353.jpg

From the developer of the original Amnesia and SOMA comes their first sequel in the series a decade after the first game. I have enjoyed their small output immensely so far and I'm expecting this to be a highly atmospheric and polished dozen hours of horror. They have also indicated that they want to push the genre forward with this one exploring new design grounds.

Apr 3, 2020
Nothing comes to my mind tbh...I think we need a list for the 2020 other half releases

Edit: Did we get confirmation that GoT will have perfomance mode? Otherwise I will wait till the PS5 release

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
Mario Kart 9 would be hype but I'll settle for a 64, Sunshine, Galaxy remaster collection. Not interested in 3D World as I don't think much will have changed since I played on Wii U.

OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
capsule_616x353.jpg

From the developer of the original Amnesia and SOMA comes their first sequel in the series a decade after the first game. I have enjoyed their small output immensely so far and I'm expecting this to be a highly atmospheric and polished dozen hours of horror. They have also indicated that they want to push the genre forward with this one exploring new design grounds.

Oh wow, I totally didn't realize this game was 2020. Do they have an exact date? Which platforms?

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Second half of 2020 looks so empty, like there's Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin's Creed and Cyberpunk 2077.

But what are the launch games to the new generation? What is Nintendo's winter game? Like I don't know a game that they have coming out in 2020 except for Paper Mario tbh.

Covid-19 and no E3 really put a damper on this year huh

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk because it's been my most hyped game besides KH3 since it's announcement. It's my aesthetic on overdrive.
Next would be Halo infinite because I like halo and have a great PC to play it on and will have a 4k OLED as well.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tsushima, Captain Tsubasa and Cybeypunk.

Second half of 2020 looks so empty, like there's Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin's Creed and Cyberpunk 2077.

But what are the launch games to the new generation? What is Nintendo's winter game? Like I don't know a game that they have coming out in 2020 except for Paper Mario tbh.

Covid-19 and no E3 really put a damper on this year huh
Nothing comes to my mind tbh...I think we need a list for the 2020 other half releases

Some I remember:

Halo Infinite
Crash 4
Spider-Man
Avengers
Tony Hawk 1+2
Amnesia Rebirth
Vampire the Masquerade 2
Iron Man VR
Tell Me Why
Kena

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm probably most excited for Robotics;Notes and Robotics;Notes DaSH later this year. Feels like all of the other games I was super hyped for this year already came out or got delayed.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Streets of Rage 4 dlc is all I care about right now cuz I've been waiting since SOR2.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Cyberpunk 2077 for me. I love me my Deus Ex, and I also love a good standard RPG, so here's hoping CDPR strikes gold on both fronts. Second place goes to Deathloop, because it's from Arkane Studios and has immersive sim gameplay, and because it is thankfully not a multiplayer game as I had originally pegged.

A very distant third will be Wasteland 3, because I enjoyed Wasteland 2 well enough and I think using that as a stepping stone could lead to a really great RPG.

Other than that, all the games I'm looking forward to are probably pushed to 2021, like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Psychonauts 2, and a bunch of indies. Shoutouts to Get in the Car, Loser!, Spiritfarer, World of Horror, N1RV Ann-A, and others.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
For me it's:

Cyberpunk >>> Demon's Souls (if it is coming this year) > Ghost of Tsushima > Valhalla

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Does Tales of Arise count, since it's still scheduled for 2020 >.<? If so, that.

If not, uuh... I dunno really. Crash 4 maybe? Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory?

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I wish my answer could be a Nintendo game...

...since they haven't actually announced anything I'm that excited for, I'll say Cyberpunk 2077. I'm also looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima as well.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
easily cyberpunk, but im sure theres going to be 1-2 surprise next gen launch games we'll find out about soon.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I had hoped that Hollow Knight: Silksong would make it this year, but at this point I suspect it might not. Not really interested in much else that has been confirmed, a lot of what I had my eye on is likely 2021 now.

OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
easily cyberpunk, but im sure theres going to be 1-2 surprise next gen launch games we'll find out about soon.

You think so? I hope you're right, but I'm beginning to kind of doubt it. Especially with COVID pushing things back. But it would be awesome for new announcements of big AAA games that are coming this Fall.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Cyberpunk just looks pretty fresh as far as new AAA games go. Also can't think of much else off the top of my head to be excited for. Halo Infinite I need to see more of and then after that I forget a lot of what else is coming out.