• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your LEAST favorite of Nintendo's major franchises?

• Mario

Votes: 62 3.0%
  • Zelda

Votes: 54 2.6%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 377 18.0%
  • Animal Crossing

Votes: 479 22.8%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 440 21.0%
  • Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 239 11.4%
  • Splatoon

Votes: 447 21.3%

• Total voters

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Mario. I like Mario, but not to the level of the others. Smash Bros is just above Mario. Zelda is at the very top in a league of its own.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Animal crossing, I put a fair amount of time in the GameCube version and just have no desire to ever play one again.

Pokemon does nothing for me, but my kids enjoy it so I end up playing those with them. If it wasn't for my kids I'd never touch one.

Everything else I'm down with.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Splatoon. I like the art/world/character designs/music and just overall presentation of the franchise - in fact I think it's really cool! Just don't care for playing the game itself.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing is boring, repetitive and long winded to me

Not on the list but Kirby and Yoshi doesn't really click to me, either.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Modern day pokemon, overall fire emblem. Nothing against FE itself, I just don't like RNG heavy sRPGs in general.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I like them all, but out of all of those listed it's Pokemon's main entries. The spinoffs are still fine for the most part (new Pokemon Snap is legit great, looking forward to trying Unite/Legends, still regularly play Go and buy Pokemon merch like plushies and statues for myself) and I still like enough about the series to be interested when a new one comes along (the designs of the characters and the Pokemon are still some of the best in the industry), but the main games of the last few gens always have something major that leads me to being more disappointed in the game than I thought I would be, and they aren't Day 1 purchases anymore. Too much of it feels stale. The core gameplay is still fine, but the games rarely feel like they have improved by any significant metric, just gone a few steps forward in some ways and a few steps back in other ways. I would give them less flak if what they did different felt more ambitious, but it doesn't.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Out of these options, I haven't played Pokemon since I was a kid, and I never gave Animal Crossing a serious chance, but Fire Emblem is something I'd never touch due to its genre. So yeah, FE.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would rather rank them from best to worst.
  1. Smash Bros.
  2. Fire Emblem
  3. Pokemon
  4. Mario
  5. Zelda
  6. Splatoon
  7. Animal Crossing
I like all of them, though. Animal Crossing is last because New Horizons is the only one that clicked with me, and while I played it everyday for several hours at a time for 3 months straight, that is also where my playtime ended.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
I think I'm like two years too old to have gotten in on the ground floor for Pokémon and as such it's just never appealed to me.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Animal Crossing and Smash are the weakest for me. Really tried with the recent AC and just found it's supremely irritating.

Splatoon has been solid and I liked what I played of my only Fire Emblem in Three Houses.

Mario and Zelda are great with certain releases being ace/magical.

Pokémon is truly magical, but I personally feel they've gone too far with the amount of new Pokémon over time. There's just too many and with that it's kinda diluted the magic. It makes it ever more harder/impossible to ever get that quintessential 'complete' Pokémon experience I've yearned for since Gold/Silver. It's essentially an impossible challenge to get 800+ Pokémon into one fully realized world. Hindsight is 20/20, but I think had they focused on maybe 30-50 new Pokémon each generation, but making them all amazing (in terms of design and execution), would have been better than getting 80-100 new Pokémon of varying calibers. It's great, but in its expansion, it's also become a little too big and a little confusing, which has made it lose some of its magic. /pokerant

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I wouldn't call Fire Emblem major franchise in way with other mentioned franchises,
I would said Kirby and DK are easily bigger Fire Emblem.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Animal Crossing. I don't have anything against the series, but I haven't ever played any of the games really. I've wanted to try one for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it.

tadabola

Oct 27, 2017
I would say kirby, but its not on the list. tried so many times to play but its simply not fun for me, and I do like the art style.

I would say smash bros. I really thought I would like it, man it never clicked with me.

I never played splatoon or animal crossing, don't really want to but I have a open mind, and I think AC might get me hooked, maybe.

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
I've never played a Fire Emblem game, so that was my choice.

When I was a kid, I was OBSESSED with Pokemon. Like, it was my entire life for YEARS. And then, when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out, I realized that I was buying the exact same game every couple of years with very, VERY minor changes, and absolutely no challenge whatsoever. I immediately fell out of love with the series, and never looked back sense.

And I know, the games have gone through quite a few changes since Ruby and Sapphire, but I'm sure it's not enough to hold my attention.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I just don´t get Animal Crossing. For me, it´s an aimless grind you have to endure while putting up with the abscence of basic Quality of life features like slow, clunky menus and unskippable, repeated dialogue with certain key characters.
For many friends around me, it´s glorious and super addictive. I have assumed I will never get it, despite enjoying games remotely similar to it. I would have loved to "get" it, though, as I´ve seen both hilarious and wonderful creations on it.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Building up a house and collecting stuff doesn't appeal to me so Animal Crossing. Not a bad game probably I just don't get the point really

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be Pokémon and I'm sure the fanbase will back me up on that. I've never actually heard of anyone liking any of the games besides Snap.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Animal Crossing is the one I like the least out of the above... I can see why people like it (my fiancee recently got hooked on it) but it's not really for me...
But overall, Pikmin, Starfox, and Mario Party are my least favorite Nintendo series.

Oct 25, 2017
Smash. It's fucking dumb, sorry. After what feels like an eternity of seeing announcements for stupid characters, I wish it would just go away until they make a new one years down the road.