• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I can't imagine living a life like this.

It's surreal to me.
I've been told that by people on the internet. In real life, out of my 10-12 best friends, not a single one smokes weed. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I quite literally would have zero idea how to even start to go about trying to buy some. When I was young, I was super religious and never wanted to. Then I got older and welp.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I've been told that by people on the internet. In real life, out of my 10-12 best friends, not a single one smokes weed. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I quite literally would have zero idea how to even start to go about trying to buy some. When I was young, I was super religious and never wanted to. Then I got older and welp.

Next time you're out at the bar hang out with the people smoking.

Oct 27, 2017

It's not so much that you don't smoke, I know plenty of people that don't. It's the fact that for you (and people like yourself) it's SUCH a big deal associated with this fear that blows my mind.
It's just weed, it's such a "meh" thing to me and in my culture that it's super bizarre it's this giant taboo for others.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
It's not so much that you don't smoke, I know plenty of people that don't. It's the fact that for you (and people like yourself) it's SUCH a big deal associated with this fear that blows my mind.
It's just weed, it's such a "meh" thing to me and in my culture that it's super bizarre it's this giant taboo for others.
I mean, it's straight to jail here, so that's not exactly unreasonable for people like me. And again, to be clear, I don't think it's taboo. I think it's nothing. I think it's idiotic that it's a crime. But here we are. :/

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's straight to jail here, so that's not exactly unreasonable for people like me. And again, to be clear, I don't think it's taboo. I think it's nothing. I think it's idiotic that it's a crime. But here we are. :/
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I didn't realize it was literally a jail sentence, I thought you were just being dramatic.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I didn't realize it was literally a jail sentence, I thought you were just being dramatic.
Georgia. Possession of less than 1oz is 1 year. And that's the sentencing. I'd be in jail before that awaiting trial.

Over 1oz is 1-10 years, but the main thing is the possession of literally anything is a year.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I hate that, it's a prison of the mind, enforced by fear and hatred, brother. Set yourself free.

I mean they even named it marijuana because they're racist assholes and thought people would automatically hate anything "Mexican".

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
My apologies, that's fucked.
Yep. It's just enough bullshit that it pushes over into "not worth it" territory for me. And again, I'd happily smoke at a friend's house. But I'm not going out looking for it.
Yeah I hate that, it's a prison of the mind, enforced by fear and hatred, brother. Set yourself free.

I mean they even named it marijuana because they're racist assholes and thought people would automatically hate anything "Mexican".
I'd love to!

(Ugh, I didn't know that about the name.)

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. It's just enough bullshit that it pushes over into "not worth it" territory for me. And again, I'd happily smoke at a friend's house. But I'm not going out looking for it.

I'd love to!

(Ugh, I didn't know that about the name.)
I've been smoking for 20+ years but I'd stop in a heartbeat if it meant going to fucking jail. That's insane to me as a Canadian. Definitely not worth it.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There's a Chinese(?) pastry that has THE EXACT same texture and taste I thought playdough would taste like. I'm blanking on the name

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I look at one, it gets just a little bit harder not to lick a Switch cartridge.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The literal forbidden fruit. Never got a chance to try it because I double dog dared Adam to eat it but after he did we got evicted and I never got the chance.

Nov 26, 2018
I'm allergic to fish and fresh caught salmon always has my mouth WATERING.

Also OP: tasted play dough before. It's insanely salty.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I'd also say weed.

Honestly I'm not sure what's stopping me given that it's recreationally legal in DC, albeit still fully illegal here in Virginia.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
giphy.gif
Perfect gif if ever there was one!

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
wanna do DMT but i hear it's the closest thing to experiencing what happens when you die so idk if I wanna "spoil" that per se. i just think it'd be weird to one day be dying and then be like "oh i've already felt this before nbd"

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Just take a small dose, and around people who you trust in a good setting. Try like 1/4 oz for starters.

I'm sure I could find people I'd be ok around. I'm mostly worried that after I take it all I could think about was a bad trip and thus giving myself a bad trip.

I'm going to MAGFest with friends in January maybe I'll try it while we're holed up in the hotel room.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It's not real but I always wanted to eat the yellow bird feed that Wile Coyote puts out for Road Runner, shit looks tasty.
Also

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
bulleit rye
It should never be in my house. yet it is.
LSD. Tried marijuana, but have always wondered what it's like to trip.
1st few times I tried acid it was actually solo. they were very formative and positive. changed my perspective on a lot of things. We worry about way too much.
Optimistic about people still experimenting with therapeutic value of psychedelics.

That said, I've also been witness to people having a really bad time with it. your mileage may vary.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm curious about how horrid dog food tastes. Not the dry ones. Maybe one day

Edit: I just remembered that one time I bit into some salami I found in my fridge. My reaction was "ewww wtf is this" so I look at the label and it was salami for dogs and I spit it out.

So mission accomplished I guess! Thanks for this thread OP :)

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I could find people I'd be ok around. I'm mostly worried that after I take it all I could think about was a bad trip and thus giving myself a bad trip.

I'm going to MAGFest with friends in January maybe I'll try it while we're holed up in the hotel room.
I've taken mushrooms in the span of 12 years, never more than 4.5 grams. Anytime I go into a strong portion of the trip, I just make sure to breath, find a spot to lie down and feel comfortable. A bad trip that can induce a bad trip is if you're around aggressive people/situation.

I've done it in forests, cities, small towns, music shows, at home, with friends, alone, and honestly the worst trip I had was once at home, lol. But I was able to come down and enjoy the rest of my trip. It's always a joy at the end and a refreshing experience. And remember, Happy thoughts.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
human, honestly

obviously can't try to due to stuff like "laws" and "ethics" and "morals" but i do wonder what some slow-cooked man meat would taste like on a roll with little bit of mustard and maybe some pickle chips

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to try E some day, but I think I'd get way too touchy feely with anyone around me for comfort. That, and I can't think of a single way to get it that's not sketch

The literal forbidden fruit. Never got a chance to try it because I double dog dared Adam to eat it but after he did we got evicted and I never got the chance.

Dammmmnnn, landlord sounds like a douchebag

hehehe