• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Thunder, always loved the animation and it's so strong. I hate when it misses but when it hits with a good thunder Pokemon lights out

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
I think you can all agree with me that Octazooka at least is the coolest name. It's part Octopus, part Bazooka, that's HYPE.
Metronome was always the most fun to use, though.

Hypnosis + Dream Eater. It's essentially cheat mode.
This was always an awesome combo. On the flip side: Rest + Sleep Talk was also pretty nice.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Don't think i can pick a favorite move, but I can say that Gen IV had my favorite move selection for its time. Was pretty disappointed with the moves available in Gen III, but thanks to the physical/special split, boosting of some old moves, and ample new 80+ power moves, felt like my moveset options dramatically increased

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
In the original Game Boy games, Bubble Beam. It has such a hardcore animation. It's so metal. It's the first one in this video, which also showcases how progressively lamer it got over time:

It's not as good in Generation II, but it's still softer. Nothing compares to the brutality of that first-gen version of the move. It's radical.

In the modern games, I love the potency of Close Combat.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
In the original Game Boy games, Bubble Beam. It has such a hardcore animation. It's so metal. It's the first one in this video, which also showcases how progressively lamer it got over time:

It's not as good in Generation II, but it's still softer. Nothing compares to the brutality of that first-gen version of the move. It's radical.

Forgot how noisy that move used to be. At least it became kind of like a laser in the 3d games which is better than someone blowing soapy bubbles.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ice beam. Simple, strong, wide variety of Pokémon can learn it, represents a type that deserves far better in regards to advantages and weaknesses, and fond memories of it absolutely annihilating Lance in Gen 1.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pokemon blew up around the same time as DBZ so I always loved things that looked like energy beams.

Hyper beam, Ice beam, and Psybeam were my favourites.

VillainousWarpedErmine-size_restricted.gif

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Confuse Ray but I don't like to use it. I hate it when the enemy uses it because I think it has like 100% accuracy

Nov 8, 2017
Body slam is my favorite, high attack power with a good chance of paralysis (even against ground types) - it just feels good to use.

Crunch is #2 as dark type is super useful and the animation is quick.

Thunderbolt is #3 because of the look, sound, and feel - especially the gen 1 animation like someone else mentioned.

Bite is great as well, in the early game it's one of the most powerful attacks and often makes the target flinch which is amazing.

And yes, I am really hoping Yamper gets all these moves and goes down as my favorite Pokémon of all time.