• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your GOTY so far?

• Resident Evil 2

Votes: 70 22.8%
  • Kingdom Hearts III

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • Apex Legends

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 71 23.1%
  • The Division 2

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mario Maker 2

Votes: 32 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 96 31.3%

• Total voters

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Probably Slay the Spire. It's has a 10/10 on steam for a reason. Incredibly fun and almost addicting. You always want to get another run in.
ss8.jpg

It's currently 50% off on steam too.
store.steampowered.com

Save 75% on Slay the Spire on Steam

We fused card games and roguelikes together to make the best single player deckbuilder we could. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, discover relics of immense power, and Slay the Spire!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Probably DMC5 from those I played. Days Gone is also really good but I am only half-way through (wild guess). I still have to play/buy RE2 and Judgment though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
An addendum to my earlier post:

qcbRA81.gif

Credit: SunhiLegend

Deep, free-form, skill-based combat that shits all over most action games' choreographed cutscenes. There's just so much style and complexity and room for expression it's ridiculous. Glad to see DMC5 getting a lot of love in this thread, hopefully that translates to GOTY season!

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I want to say mine is Kingdom Hearts III, and it's so close to being an easy choice, but a specific part of its ending severely undermined it for me.

Collection of Mana is also in the running, and Spider-Man would be too if it had come out this year (I'm only now playing it). Super Mario Maker 2 is also a blast, but I haven't been playing it for that long and it's not specifically a "first half of the year" release.

I'm also still playing Smash Bros. Ultimate constantly, like I genuinely can't get enough of it and Banjo-Kazooie coming later this year is just over-the-moon hype for me. Obviously, though, Smash Ultimate wouldn't count.

I'd really have to think about it, haha.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Resident Evil 2. Never platted a game quicker.

Bloodstained is a close 2nd. Playing on Switch and I don't even notice the problems it's so good.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
I really want to say WarGroove, yet it hasn't sucked me in like Advance Wars did, love the IP, but the game fell flat for me with how the economy and cities were handled. It removed a lot of the strategy for me and I honestly just don't get the health system for capturing cities. It should be simple to understand, but many battles lost due to my inability to figure it out.

I guess for right now Yoshi's Crafted World and Cuphead have been standouts that have been a repeated occurrence on my Switch, but I still can't kick my Overwatch and Rocket League addictions.

New games this year just haven't had staying power.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
1. DMC5. One of my GoTG. Been waiting for this forever. I can finally google DMC5 without having DmC popping up.

2. Sekiro. It's a masterpiece.

3. RE2. Incredible game overall. Finally Leon back in action.

Nov 4, 2017
RE2 > all for me. I really hope 3 gets a remake so I can play through the whole series (don't think I could go back to PS1 controls/graphics).

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
1. Anthem
2. Crackdown 3
3. Sekiro

Have only played three 2019 games so far. Loved Anthem and had lots of fun with Crackdown 3. Sekiro was the worst of the three.

Have some other 2019 games in the backlog, but have been focusing on clearing out older games. Up to 19 finished games this first half. Almost done with the backlog. :)

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
RE2 by far.

Sekiro is the worst Souls game ever made. I wanted to like it so much but repetitive gameplay, enemies cheesing their way to kill you, and extremely difficult bosses destroyed this game's chance for GOTY for me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
MK11
The Division 2
Slay the Spire
RE2
DMCV

Getting back into Destiny 2.

Great year so far.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE2 is probably the best game I've played. Days Gone might have it beat though in pure enjoyment factor. I had sooo much fun with that game.