• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Ubisoft franchise?

• Assassin’s Creed

Votes: 292 36.8%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 39 4.9%
  • Splinter Cell

Votes: 145 18.3%
  • Prince of Persia

Votes: 94 11.9%
  • Rayman

Votes: 124 15.6%
  • Watch Dogs

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 64 8.1%

• Total voters

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Well is Splinter Cell, but there hasn't been a new game in SEVEN YEARS .... so something a little more recent is definitely Rainbow Six, played them since RS 3.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I've always regarded Ubisoft as an overgrown mass-market husk that justifies its existence by supporting whatever Michel Ancel is up to with Rayman, or secondarily BG&E.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
That one I never played, but I'm skeptical that it could be better than AC2 or Brotherhood.
Well AC2 and Brotherhood I have played, but I think Forgotten Sands Wii is significantly better. It has very imaginative level / puzzle design, using the Wii Remote really well. Probably one of the greatest surprise hits I have ever played.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Probably Ass Creed as I have fallen off/never really got into Far Cry, 2 (the one I really like) and 3 was all I could manage, Splinter Cell is dead but damn if those first 3 weren't fire, and never got into Watch Dogs. No real opinion on the others. I've fallen off AC too so I hope next gen brings some excitement back to me for Ubisoft games.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell > OG Assasins Creed > Watch Dogs > Prince of Persia > New Assassins Creed > Far Cry (I never played a Rayman)

Apr 30, 2019
Splinter cell by far. They usually have a great campaign and Spies versus mercenaries is the best multiplayer of any online game.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
The Division.

Yes, say what you want about the gameplay, say what you will about its politics, but I do love the moment-to-moment gameplay and the world with all my heart

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Easily Assassin's Creed, played every main line game in the series and enjoyed most of them. Second would probably be Anno, very underrated series.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Splinter cell by a landslide for me. Then ghost recon and then rainbow six.

I love siege a fucking shit ton but in terms of actual franchises it ranks 3rd in my list.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond Good & Evil and Splinter Cell are easily Ubi's highest highs for me.

I did genuinely enjoy Odyssey, which was my first Ass. Creed, for 60-70 hours before burning out. Less padding, less hand holding, more reactivity, and open world design that focused less on checklisty activities and a bit more on immersion & world building would've made that game special. Kassandra is easily their best character since Jade.

Not much of a fan otherwise.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Watch_Dogs because I have FarCry and Assassins Creed fatigue ...

prior to FC 5 and Odyssey I'd have gone with one of those

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Rayman and Prince of Persia. In fact it's the only thing from them that I like

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Toss-up between Splinter Cell and Rayman, but I went Splinter Cell.

1. Splinter Cell
2. Rayman
3. Far Cry
4. Prince of Persia

Not really interested in any of their other series, though I may give Watch Dogs Legion a shot.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Rayman has only had one bad game in its life, the Rabbids game.

Assassins is close second place though

Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
The last Ubisoft game I actually enjoyed was Valiant Hearts: The Great War so I guess that's my choice.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It used to be Assassin's Creed before they changed it to a repetitive, grindy RPG. Now it's Watch Dogs mainly because of Watch Dogs 2 being one of my games of the decade.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Splinter cell is the only Ubi series i really love. The other franchises.. I've only tried the original assassin's Creed and never clicked on me, maybe i may give it a chance in the future, since the series have evolved it seems.... The other ones don't interest me at all

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Used to love AC, but since the formula changed, not as much.

I'm a sucker for spy/espionage shit and Splinter Cell has always been my jam. Please bring it back. PLEASE.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
voted Far Cry cause I liked playing those coop with my bro. But Assassin's Creed seems better made from what I've seen so far in the later entries
Also like Ghost Recon Wildlands. Waiting on them to fix that new Breakpoint tho and will get it on a deep sale

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
I voted Splinter Cell, but I also miss Prince of Persia a lot. I wish both would make a comeback.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Assassin's Creed has moved a bit too far away from what I wanted the series to be (and I really didn't enjoy the couple I played before that either), so my vote goes to Splinter Cell.

If only they'd bring it back.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beyond Good and Evil but it's not listed . Otherwise maybe Rayman? Ubi is mostly garbo.

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
AC2 is what sold me on the franchise. It's a bit shaky right now but I have hope they go back to what made Origins great and make the next one similar to it in the right ways.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Assassin's Creed.....although Watch Dogs is getting there,I really enjoyed both of those games a lot and 3 set in London should be fantastic on PS5.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Prince of Persia and Rayman, I've always been one for tightly crafted level design over large open worlds and I don't like Tom Clancy/military games.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
The AC series has the games that I have enjoyed the most, but SC is waaay more consistent in quality

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
AssCreed games, even at their worst, scratch that virtual tourism itch the way no other games can .so they got my vote .
I would have voted watch_dogs if UBI didnt chicken out and gave us a dogs game where you cant rely on guns at all and have to use hacking shenanigans to get past all obstacles .

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
The most fun I've had was probably with Far Cry 3 & 4, but overall I'd say AC. There really isn't anything like it, especially pre-Origins. Like it was just said above, it's the best virtual tourism games around.