• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Ubisoft franchise?

• Assassin’s Creed

Votes: 292 36.8%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 39 4.9%
  • Splinter Cell

Votes: 145 18.3%
  • Prince of Persia

Votes: 94 11.9%
  • Rayman

Votes: 124 15.6%
  • Watch Dogs

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 64 8.1%

• Total voters

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Of any of their recent published stuff, Anno 1800 did a billion times more for me than any other recent entries in any of their other franchises.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Prince of Persia was the greatest thing at its time. Splinter Cell is probably the most hard-core enjoyable out of their franchises but it's done. Assassin's Creed is a franchise that has its moments of luster but Ubisoft itself tries to put it down with awful writing and bland presentation. Watch Dogs had a blan first entry but a quite fun and varied second one.

It's a hard question.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Assassin's Creed i own nearly every game excluding some of the smaller indie titles. Fun games with a ton of content.
Also Rainbow Six back in the day.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs is a super underrated franchise! The first one went to some surprisingly dark places. The second one has a really cool vibrant setting, which I really enjoy. Not often you get to mess around in SF in games, it's a welcome change from New York or Tokyo lol

SF was great! There was so much to do! I even had fun going for the trophy that required you take a picture of someone vomiting. lol

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Tough call between Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell. The Sands of Time and Chaos Theory are two of the best games ever made. I love Rainbow Six as well.

If I had to choose it would probably have to be Prince of Persia.

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow 6 is my favorite Ubisoft franchise,

Prince of Persia 08, Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood are my favorite Ubisoft games
Black Flag, Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 get my honorable mentions and maybe Odyssey.

Assassin's Creed would rank higher as a franchise if it
1. Didn't kill Prince of Persia
2. Didn't have garbage like 3 in it

Jan 2, 2018
Anno and Heroes of Might and Magic.

Both are originally from other companies and suffered from the aquisition, but Anno 1800 is a really great game and a return to form, while I can only hope that one day Ubisoft will give HOMM a similar treatment and budget again. HOMM V is such a good game and then they completely ruined it with VI and VII.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry. I haven't played 1, but 2 and especially 3/4/5 were very good and I had a blast with them all. And even though New Dawn could've been better, it was still mostly enjoyable to me.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
At the moment Rayman. But if future Watch Dogs games are as great as the second game that will become my favorite.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and R6

All of'em ,old ones, new ones, just put it in my veins

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Assassin's Creed. I've bought every single game save for Brotherhood (I think it's that one). It is without a doubt, the highest budget, most ambitious third-party AAA game every year it comes out. Always a spectacle and ALWAYS has tons to do (even if it's formulaic)

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I've played a ton of Far Cry 3 and I recently started Far Cry 5. By far my favourite franchise of theirs.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Watchdogs, I'm a old Driver 1 fan, and this is apparently what Driver evolved into. Driver San Francisco with it's body shifting will be in Watchdogs Legend!!!

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The Division is by far the best co-op experience I ever had... Also, Rainbow Six.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
For Honor

Not a franchise but my favorite IP of theirs. Been years now since it was released and I still play it near daily.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
rayman_fist_pumpzgkc4.gif

Rayman, baby!

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
So many dope franchises but my top choice is ac, it pretty much defined hd gaming for me ever since ac2 only one I didn't enjoy was unity
After that it gets really tough
Rayman 2 the great escape is my favorite 3d platformer (until Mario odyssey) origins and legend show are great 2d platformer as well
Splinter cell was defining during the Xbox era and again with blacklist
I'm one of the few people who will admit they loved the og watch dogs, but watch dogs 2 made it even better
That's not even getting into ghost recon and the division
Ubi is easily my favorite publisher

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Watch Dogs 1 and 2 were great. Like really great. Watch Dogs 1 had a great story and challenging gameplay. Watch Dogs 2 was just as fun, had a great story, although it didn't offer as much of a challenge.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Prince of Persia, by leaps and bounds. Sands of Time is one of the best games of all time, and the whole trilogy it started was excellent.

I honestly don't particularly like any other Ubisoft games. Assassin's Creed 2 was good, but the annualization of the series killed my interest in it, and the sharp turn into RPG-land killed it even more.

Oct 27, 2017
AssCreed is emblematic of everything I hate about Ubisoft and modern game design, and Prince of Persia, despite having two incredible entries, also features my personal "worst game I've ever played", so those franchises are out.

Splinter Cell all the way.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I enjoy Assassin's Creed the most of Ubisoft's franchises, and even that is with a detached, aloof kind of amusement. Splinter Cell could've been a good winner, but I've only played the first two games, and that was over a decade ago.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say Far Cry because I loved the first, but I guess I got sick of it by the time 3 came around. I can say the same for Assassin's Creed, too.

I guess I'll have to go with Splinter Cell, even though the only ones I've beaten were Chaos Theory on the Gamecube and Conviction. I still need to get around to playing Blacklist...

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Rainbow Six

Hours played on Lockdown and the Vegas games but the time played on both of them pales in comparison to the amount I have with Siege.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell. Having that franchise alongside Metal Gear Solid during the PS2/Xbox/GC days created absolute bliss for this stealth action fan.

Holding on to hope that one day it, or some kind of spiritual successor, will return.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed has the most all-around appeal as a series: characters, storytelling, visuals, and setting are all strongly in favor of Assassin's Creed. Splinter Cell would be my #2 choice, as it's basically been my preferred stealth game for the past decade and a half.