• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Ubisoft franchise?

• Assassin’s Creed

Votes: 292 36.8%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 39 4.9%
  • Splinter Cell

Votes: 145 18.3%
  • Prince of Persia

Votes: 94 11.9%
  • Rayman

Votes: 124 15.6%
  • Watch Dogs

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 64 8.1%

• Total voters
Oct 24, 2019
The poll only lets me list so many options, so unfortunately a lot of cool series had to get lumped into "other."

What's your favorite Ubi franchise?

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I'd say Splinter Cell, but Sam Fisher (and the whole franchise) has been MIA, so...

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Prince of Persia. Specificially the trilogy (did not like the reboot at all).

We need more games like that.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
night-hunter_1.png

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Assassin's Creed, there are only a few games in the series I dislike and the characters are always interesting.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Ass Creed. The only mainline ones I dislikes are basically 3 and..... no that's it just 3.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It is definitely Rayman. I even quite love most of the spinoffs. Though I'm very fond of Assassins Creed and Far Cry too, even if each entry can be a little samey. I find them really nice podcast self-care games. I can just unwind with them. Really though, I'm fond of all the franchises listed.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Assassin's Creed is an amazing and ambitious series. As much as I love Rayman, some of the AC games are really incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ubisoft's biggest money maker. Assassin's Creed also seems to be a lot more talked about in pop culture as compared to anything else on this list, so I imagine Assassin's Creed will win by a lot.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Overall, it's Prince of Persia. But to pick a series that will actually get new entries in the future, probably AC.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
As of late, Anno 1800 is probably my most played Ubisoft title.

but as an overall favorite probably Assassin's Creed. If the Viking AC game is anything like Origins and Odyssey, I will be there day one. I love Scandinavian and Viking era Folk tales and mythos.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
It is definitely Rayman. I even quite love most of the spinoffs. Though I'm very fond of Assassins Creed and Far Cry too, even if each entry can be a little samey. I find them really nice podcast self-care games. I can just unwind with them. Really though, I'm fond of all the franchises listed.

Totally agree! I find Ubi's open world games really relaxing. They're beautiful to look at and the storyline is sparse enough that I can just listen to podcasts as I knock out some side activities.

On nights where I'm too drained to really focus on a complex story or super-hard gameplay, AC, Far Cry, and Watch Dogs are some of my go-tos to unwind.

To call them comfort food seems like a disservice to the stunning amount of work and detail the devs put into those worlds, but it truly does feel like a nice warm bowl of pasta lol. Familiar yet welcome, simple yet delicious.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've only played maybe half the mainline Assassin's Creed, and it has its ups and downs. Ultimately I appreciate the franchises existence even at its low points though, simply for the historical tourism factor.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
My favorite Ubisoft game is Valiant Hearts: The Great War. That's a one-off though, so not a franchise.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Assassin's Creed is an amazing and ambitious series. As much as I love Rayman, some of the AC games are really incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ubisoft's biggest money maker. Assassin's Creed also seems to be a lot more talked about in pop culture as compared to anything else on this list, so I imagine Assassin's Creed will win by a lot.

yeah it is their biggest moneymaker! 140 million units sold, which is double their next highest franchise (which is surprisingly Just Dance at 70 million lol). Then Far Cry in 3rd at 50million

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not ashamed to say Watch Dogs. I hope Legion doesn't disappoint!

Watch Dogs is a super underrated franchise! The first one went to some surprisingly dark places. The second one has a really cool vibrant setting, which I really enjoy. Not often you get to mess around in SF in games, it's a welcome change from New York or Tokyo lol

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Prince of Persia. No contest there, it's literally a part of my childhood. Finished the original Broderbund game billions of times.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Assassin's Creed > Splinter Cell > Watch Dogs > Everything Else

Assassin's Creed is a top 5 franchise for me even though its nowhere near as good today as it once was. It's barely Assassin's Creed anymore.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Can I count Beyond Good and Evil as a franchise since it has a second game announced?

If not then probably Assassin's Creed even though I've never felt like it really reached its full potential.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
So, it's Rayman even if I haven't spent the most time playing those games (because there's relatively few compared to the other franchises). Otherwise it's a tie between Far Cry and AC. Far Cry has the highest highs (atmosphere and soundtrack) but also the lowest lows (story).

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
AC2 is one of my all time favorite games, also quite liked Brotherhood and Revelations. Then AC3 came and my love for the franchise extinguished. It built back up with Black Flag, but I've been really underwhelmed ever since.

I quite like most of their franchises, but AC was the most special to me. Also have really fond memories of Splinter Cell, but not to that level.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Rayman because Origins and half of Legends (I still don't like the Murphy levels). But I was not a fan of the previous games and the franchise is sleeping right now. Maybe I should have gone for The Division or AC.