• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite Tarantino film?

• Reservoir Dogs

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • Pulp Fiction

Votes: 374 34.9%
  • Jackie Brown

Votes: 98 9.1%
  • Kill Bill Vol.1/2

Votes: 212 19.8%
  • Death Proof

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • Inglourious Basterds

Votes: 197 18.4%
  • Django Unchained/ The Hateful 8

Votes: 116 10.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Django Unchained and Inglorious are the only films I've liked of his and Djanogo was brilliant. \My vote goes for Django

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think its the QT film that rewards rewatches the most. Its his most thematically complex and structurally ambitious movie. And all the needle drops are just great. The David Bowie cover of "Cat People" that starts the final chapter is perfect.

Yeah that's another one I love, when the Bowie kicks in over the Chapter 5 card and we see that great shot of Shoshanna in that red dress.

And I tend to agree - while QT has done the multiple narratives and characters intertwining structure numerous times, this one feels the most seamless and cohesive. When a character from a chapter or two back appears, it never feels contrived or out of left field.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Django Unchained > Jackie Brown > Inglourious Basterds > Pulp Fiction > The Hateful Eight > Kill Bill Vol. 1 > Reservoir Dogs > Kill Bill Vol. 2

I haven't seen Death Proof.

Tarantino creates riveting scenes across all of his films, but oddly on repeat viewings I find a lot of the magic has faded, and I'm usually the type of person who enjoys things more the second time around. Django is far and away my favourite of his as I feel its valuable subtext exceeds anything in his other work and makes those repeat watches just as enthralling as the first time. Pulp Fiction blew me away the first time I saw it, but the more I return, I find myself just waiting for any scene involving both Jules and Vincent, and many other films of his have the same issue for me.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Jackie Brown
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Kill Bill
6. Django Unchained
7. Death Proof
8. The Hateful Eight

I wouldn't argue with anyone who says Pulp Fiction is better than Inglourious Basterds, and I sometimes think I should put it higher in my personal ranking, but if I could only ever rewatch one of the two, I'd probably pick Basterds. It's close, though. I haven't seen Django Unchained since it was in theatres and there's a decent chance I'd rank it higher after a rewatch (has happened with a couple other films on the list). Also only saw The Hateful Eight the one time, but I don't think it would go up much, if at all, after a rewatch.

Oct 25, 2017
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Django Unchained
The Hateful 8
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
Death Proof

That's my ranking.

Oct 27, 2017
Jackie Brown is my favorite of his. It's also the most different and I wish he'd done a bit more like it. Pulp Fiction isn't too far behind though. Hated Death Proof and Django, and liked part of Basterds but didn't love it. He really got me back with the Hateful Eight though, and I'm really looking forward to Once Upon a time in Hollywood. It might be the only movie to get me to a theater this year.

For ranking:
Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction
The Hateful Eight
Kill Bill vol. 1
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill vol. 2
Inglourious Basterds
Golden Girls Appearance as Elvis Impersonator
Django Unchained
Death Proof

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Inglourious Basterds is my favourite with Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill being a close second and third.

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'll get shit for this but the ONLY Tarantino film I haven't seen is Jackie Brown.

Gotta get on that.

Anyway, Basterds is easily my favourite, and the one I've watched the most.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I chose Jackie Brown, but it really depends on my mood. On different days I could see myself choosing Reservoir Dogs or Inglorious Basterds or Kill Bill.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs
Hateful Eight
Kill Bill

Jackie Brown

Death Proof

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Probably Reservoir Dogs because Chris Penn gets overlooked. I remember seeing Kill Bill Vol 1 in theaters in 2003 and the whole theater let out one huge gasp when
The Bride threw the knife at Copperhead and then the camera pans over to show that Copperheads daughter was watching the whole time.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
That fact that Kill Bill as good as it is, is even close in this poll to the masterpiece that is Inglorious is a travesty. Inglorious Basterds is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
There are only a handful of people from the Hollywood industry that I would genuinely love to meet and shake hands with. Tarantino is one of them. My favorite director by far. You had to be there, during the 90's, when Reservoir Dogs first hit home video and bought it for the first time. Couldn't believe what I was watching. To say I was blown away by the movie would be an understatement. Tarantino can do no wrong in my eyes. The man is a genius and seems like a really cool dude. But alas, if I MUST rank his films I'd say:

1)Reservoir Dogs
2)Pulp Fiction
3)Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
4)Jackie Brown
5)Django Unchained
6)Inglorious Basterds
7)Hateful 8
8)Death Proof

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are still his best.

I really loved Django and Basterds, too, though.

don't care much about the others

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I feel like True Romance should get a bit more credit ITT. It happens to be directed by Tony Scott but it's still a Tarantino movie through-and-through. You can tell from the script he intended to direct it one day and it has most of the trademarks you see in his directed work (and was even included in the official bluray boxed set that was released several years ago).

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I just think it's funny that in the poll options Django and Hateful 8 are lumped in together. One of his best films and one of his worst.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I like Jackie Brown the best

Probably because of the cast and characters. Samuel L Jackson was awesome in it.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Of the films he directed, probably Django.

True Romance is the real winner though. Gary Oldman as a drug dealer. Brat Pitt as a Cali stoner. The conversation between Christopher Walkin and Dennis Hopper in his trailer. It's all just amazing.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Best: Pulp Fiction
Favorite: Inglourious Basterds

Pulp is a flawless masterpiece that has become an iconic piece of pop culture for damn good reason.

Basterds is his other masterpiece, but hasn't achieved that same level of cultural osmosis. I love absolutely everything about the film. All the moments of tension, drama, comedy and sadness all land with tremendous effect.