• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite season?

• Spring

Votes: 44 17.1%
  • Summer

Votes: 49 19.0%
  • Autumn

Votes: 122 47.3%
  • Winter

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Fall/Autumn. Not yet cold, colors are amazing, outside smells different somehow, also football which technically starts in the Summer, but Fall is its season.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Summer is the best. But fall is a close second because that's when fashion can be a lot of fun.

Winter sucks.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I love Autumn but being from MN I love spring the most. Oppression over and we can go do stuff without wearing 20 lbs of gear. I also love the smells of the thawing ground and listening to the animals doing their thing. Such much hope for the coming year.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Summer followed by Autumn. First half of Autumn is great (weather, thanksgiving, halloween) but the second half is more like winter.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Fall. Cooling off from summer. Hiking. Leaves changing. Crisp feeling in the air. The holidays upcoming. I love it.

Though I do love Winter on snowy days like today in the northeast. Looks so beautiful.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
It's not so much the cold but autumn and winter are depressing because of the lack of light.

Spring is the best, it's rapidly becoming lighter and slightly warmer. There even exists an hope for an great summer weather-wise. Before the cruel reality crushes that naive fantasy.

*edit* bonus, I will add an joke from my country. "I love summer, it's my favorite day of the year!"

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Living in Chicago, I like the late days of summer and the beginning of autumn. The dog days are over and it's not that hot, but it's still warm and sunny. Perfect weather for going on a bike ride or getting on/in/near the water. So we're talking Mid-August through Late September.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Autumn. All around best average temperatures and weather, best foliage, best camping weather, best weather-appropriate apparel. It's the best. Second is a tie for spring & summer, but both have the problems around my neck of the woods of being too rainy and too fucking hot, respectively. And winter? Fuckin' cold, the days are too short, and my wife and I both get seasonally depressed. I like snow though, in reasonable amounts.

Oct 27, 2017
Fall sucks I hate all of you, I knew it would have the most votes. It's the worst season by a country mile but everyone loves it because it's cozy or some shit? Fuck Fall. Everything is grey/wet/dead/dying/drizzly. You get the leaves changing for like a minute then it's weeks of brown bleak bullshit. Everyone pictures that one nice weekend as the entire season when 99% of it is actually miserable.

It's too cold to do fun summer activities and there's no snow to do winter activities. Can't go to the beach, hiking is hit or miss, most casual sports are just not fun anymore because the weather is awful but it's still too warm for snowboarding/outdoor hockey etc. Halloween is one single day that everyone overhypes and November is hands down the worst month of the year. I fucking hate Autumn.

When that first snowfall hits though, boy oh boy, I'm like a child again.

Winter>Summer>Spring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (and on and on) Fall

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Autumn. Starts off the "winter festivities" early with Halloween and Thanksgiving. Not too cold to get people out of the house. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin spice. Not a fan of the leaves tbh.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Summer. Best time to be outside and nothing but free time to do whatever you want.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
If I can stay inside Winter, if not than Summer. Snow is nice, but I hate dealing with it to get to work. Summer is too damn hot, but it is only a minor inconvenience since most of my life is spent in climate controlled places.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Back when I was going to school it was Spring because the combination of Winter ending and the school year's end approaching. Nowadays it's fall. Shame it only lasts like a week here nowadays

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fall is the best. I love the changing colors of the trees, the more temperate weather, the aesthetics and clothing, and Thanksgiving. My mood just improves when Fall hits.

Of course, people are determined to boil it down to nothing but "PUMPKIN SPICE" and "SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS," but I still give the season the dignity it deserves.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Summer no doubt. I also like Spring and Fall but if I had to live in one season for the rest of my life, it would be summer.

Vandova

Feb 14, 2018
Spring, and Summer. Winter is depressing, ugh I say I've got to move to a warmer climate.

Oct 27, 2017
Summer. I like the long days, I like the heat (doesn't get unbearably hot in the Netherlands) and I absolutely love reading a book or listening to music while sitting in the sun.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where you're from but this is like one weekend out of 2.5 months of shit. This is what annoys me about the "I LOVE FALL" crowd. Y'all cherry pick.
Well shit, I'm not dictating the terms of how many days counts for YOUR favorite season. Like, I'm in Georgia. Here are my other gotdamn choices:

Spring: Yellow plant sperm is trying to choke everyone to death amid a shitload of tropical storms.
Summer: Literal Hell.
Winter: Cold Hell.

Fall is the only logical fucking choice here. Sorry to be too rose-tinted for you.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Schitts-Creek-630x354.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Well shit, I'm not dictating the terms of how many days counts for YOUR favorite season. Like, I'm in Georgia. Here are my other gotdamn choices:

Spring: Yellow plant sperm is trying to choke everyone to death amid a shitload of tropical storms.
Summer: Literal Hell.
Winter: Cold Hell.

Fall is the only logical fucking choice here. Sorry to be too rose-tinted for you.
I suppose location is a very important detail in this discussion.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Winter. Driving may suck, but I never get hot. It's also just super chill overall.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Summer. Works winds down, I can spend afternoons and evenings outside reading, when it's hot I can go for a swim. everything is lazy and hazy. I love it.

i hate winter. To damn cold and dar. Autumn is wet and chilly and has winter lurking. Spring is fun, but can't beat summer.

Oct 27, 2017
LIKE WE OUT HERE RUNNING UP ON THE NON-FALL FOLKS.
Look at the thread, that's exactly what's happening! Though after seeing how Georgia handles a half-inch of snow I'm not surprised...

Winter gets shafted because people are lazy. Especially where I live; if you don't take advantage of all the fun shit to do in the winter then you deserve to be stuck inside and miserable.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Winter is beautiful but then I have to shovel all that beauty, scrape it off my car every morning, and drive through it. And then it gets all muddy, salty, and gross. I think Summer is all around great. Spring is a little too moist and is still really cold until like May here. Fall is great too.

Oct 29, 2017
I live where I live due to the weather. That said, the Summer is my season. There's great music based on the Summer. The Beach Boys didn't make Springtime, Springtime. Fresh Prince didn't make Wintertime. Kool and the Gang didn't make Fall Madness.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Good to see the most votes for the GOAT season of Autumn. It really is the best - sipping coffee at a lounge while it gets dark at 4:30 while wearing a fashionable scarf and reading a book about werewolves. I don't think there really is anything better. Every other season is shit. Winter is passable I guess. Summer can fucking die in a fire.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Winter, no contest. I love the dark, I love the cold, I love the rain and I love Snow when we rarely get it in the UK.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
I used to love winter because I truly hate hot weather and all my best clothes are jumpers and coats. But I get really bad ezcema on my hands whenever it's cold now, so probably Autumn. That stretch of a couple of months where my skin isn't totally fucked and I can put the fan away? Bliss.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Autumn is the best season by far. If it could just be 60 degrees all year round that would be great. It also has the best fashion and, best holidays.

Spring is a close second because, the temperature is still tolerable.

Winter and Summer both suck, Winter because it is just cold and rainy for a few months and Summer because 85+ degrees is just too uncomfortable.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its summer. The heat and high amount of sun boost my productivity and overall happiness.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Probably autumn since the weather is cooling off, there's still longer days for most of it, and there's football.