• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your favorite season?

• Spring

Votes: 44 17.1%
  • Summer

Votes: 49 19.0%
  • Autumn

Votes: 122 47.3%
  • Winter

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mine is winter because it's just beautiful when there's a lot of snow. Also I love being cozy inside when there's a snowfall outside. Also I hate heat.

vZNWLe.jpg

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Anything but summer is fine to me. Summer is too damn hot and is my busiest time at work.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
winter means snow which means going through snow
spring is muddy
summer is too hot
probably fall

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Summer >>>>>>>>>>> Spring > Winter >>>>>>>>>>>>> Autumn

Summer is the only good season, but I'd take Spring or Winter a trillion times over than a single Autumn.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Summer > Rainy days of Winter > Spring > Autumn > Non rainy days of Winter

Despite the heat, summer is the best.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Autumn. The nice cool cozy weather and it also filled with upcoming days like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, new years, etc. It' always a special feeling in the air for me.

Last edited:

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Usually summer but recently I've been enjoying Autumn a lot (potentially even more). Especially in the first half of the season, where it's still warm.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
First post wins. Alas winter gets worse with every passing year, less snow and mostly it melts away pretty fast, this year was pretty decent though.

Wet winter with zero snow is the worst season of them all, because everything looks like a PS3 gen FPS.
Cold winter with big amounts of snow and sunshine is almost like paradise for me.

I'd love summer too if it wasn't for the heat, I just can't stand it and makes everything worse.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Autumn is great but it means you're closer to winter so there's this big cloud over it if you're in any kind of retail field.

Spring is great because it's got slightly better temperatures than autumn, things reopen, and summer (while miserably hot) at least leads into autumn so there's a long game to look forward to.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
Fall > Spring >>>>>>>>>> Winter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Summer

Fall and Spring are both good, but Fall is less muddy so it gets the win. Winter is okay, except for when the roads are icy. Summer is just trash.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Bring on the heat! Fuck the cold!

For second and third places, spring > autumn. Fall is just depressing with days getting shorter and all the vegetation dying.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summer > Spring = Fall > Winter

Winter sucks ass. It's just wet and dreary without ever snowing.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Winter probably. No leaves to pick up, no grass to cut. Few weeks of vacation.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Spring. Summer is too hot, autumn is too wet and winter is fucking miserable when travelling to work and seems to last for a fucking age.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Autumn: Baseball postseason, start of football, fashion, weather, and I dunno if it's me but when it hits life just feels like a hustle and bustle again where summer is kind of a lull.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Autumn. Fuck winter and fuck this foot+ of snow. I do like the winter though, I just hate tons of snow like this.

laikalot

May 30, 2020
If it weren't for my allergies flaring up in the Fall, I'd probably go with that. Instead I'll go Winter > Fall > Spring >>>>>>>>> Summer.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Late spring, when all the snow is melted, the mud has dried a bit and the plants are back to life, but it's not uncomfortably hot or humid yet

Basically just "the season of May" lol

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I live in a place where it feels like we we have 8 months of winter, 2 weeks of spring (still too cold to go outside) and 2 weeks of Fall (too cold to be outside). I enjoy Summer. I want to be outside.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Summer -> Spring -> Autumn -> Winter

I love summer. I love being able to walk outside without thinking about what I'm wearing, like no need for a jacket or anything other than shorts/whatever. I love that I don't have to bundle up my kid in a thousand different things either.

I love the idea of spring and fall, but in practice, while "Spring" is supposed to be March 21 to June 21 in Massachusetts, it's really like ... May 18 to June. And also just the unpredictability of it bugs me, like it might hit 70 once or twice in April and it's like the greatest wwhen that happens, but you can reliably guarantee that a day later it'll be 28 degrees and freezing rain.

Similar with Fall. I find the weather that I like the most in fall is usually early fall, and then any time after ~Oct 20 it's like 34 degrees, downpouring rain, and absolute shit. While you might have some of those quintessential new england fall days, y'know like 64 degrees, sunny, with the leaves turning and you're like "Holy shit this is perfect weather," 4 hours later in the same day it'll be 44 degrees and downpouring and then gloomy and depressing for 3 days after, and it's like fuck this.

I love how it's light out in the summer. I *LOVE* that there's still light outside until ~8:15 on thoe peak summer days, warm enough to be outside at night, y'know start up a fire at 7:30, put the baby to bed, and have some friends over and hang out while it's still nice and pleasant out at 9, 10, 11pm. I love sitting outside at a bar in a past life, pre-kids, at 930pm. I love going to the beach, I love going for walks during the summer. I *LOVE* fishing, pick up my kid from daycare, swap a night with my wife and go fishing from 6PM to 815PM or so, pull the boat back at 830, stop at the bar on the way home or w/e. It's just something you can't do any other time of year and my god I caught some whoppers this year right around ~745-8PM. Like one of those things where you're striking out until you start to head back in and then EVERYTHINGS BITING.

With a kid it's just so convenient that I know we can just walk outside during the summer and I don't need to worry about bundling her up or getting extra socks or finding her jacket or mittens or w/e. I can drop her in the stroller without thinking about getting an extra blanket or "What happens if it gets too cold while we're at the park??"

Ice fishing absolutely fucking SUCKS.

I appreciate the spring the most, but like I said my "idea of spring" is often closer to summer than actual spring. Actual spring in Massachusetts is like 38 degree mornings, cold, windy, blustery, rainy. Idealized spring is like late May when the leaves have come out. My allergies are worst in spring and fall, and take a break during the summer and winter usually.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Autumn before DST shifts.

Mid September through the end of October is what I live for the rest of the year. That six week span is perfection.

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
Fall.

There's something magical and nostalgic about fall. The leaves are falling, mix of orange and red shades, start of a cooler weather kind of puts the mind at ease.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Spring. I used to love winter as a kid when it was snowy and cold, now it's just wet and nasty. I feel sorry for all the kids who don't get to experience things like building snowmen, throwing snowballs or riding a sleigh down a hill. Hurray for climate change.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I love autumn because it's not as hot anymore but I can still go biking. I love winter too because I can go skiing and do winter sports, also the snow is pretty even though I have to do a lot of shoveling. I also love summertime because I can go outside and bike and go swimming and stuff. The spring is the only season I don't like that much because it's slushy and muddy and wet

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Mid to late spring, when it's warmed up a bit and stuff is starting to grow, but the bugs haven't really gone nuts yet. Few truly hot or cold days. Just perfect.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Best time of year is mid September through mid November. The time of year where you have to debate wearing a hoodie/jacket/whatever in the morning.

I like anything but winter though, winter bites. 100+ degrees isn't preferable but I'd rather it be that than winter.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I prefer Autumn. Living in Texas there is nothing better than the end of summer and the start of cooler nights and the end of brutally hot days.

Also, there is something comforting about it getting cooler and the days starting to get shorter.