• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Doesn't matter which one, it could be a get in the robot moment, fight, or simply the reveal of the giant Mech. Just which one is your favorite.

ps. if you don't have a moment just a favorite design you can post that too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Brute Justice forming together from multiple mini-bosses is so fucking hype that it's still one of the most memorable XIV boss fights 5 years later.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

White Glint fight from ACFA.

Lost Planet had some cool minor stuff too like simply getting into one of the smaller mechs to fight one of the giant bosses in 2, or just merging two mechs into one.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
The end of chapter 4 in Metal Gear Solid 4. Rex vs Ray was just pure fan service and I loved every second of it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find a decent video or gif of just this part. But Ray and Ocelot busting out of the ocean to confront Snake and Rex at the end of the Shadow Moses chapter in MGS4 is my vote here.

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Can't have a Sentai homage without the giant robot.

Dec 25, 2018
I liked the section in Gears 4
at the end with the squad piloting the Mega Mechs.

having the composer from Pacific Rim also helped give it some Pacific Rim vibes.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The big 700 enemy fight or whatever it was with Beyond the Bounds in the background.

Dec 25, 2018
I loved that last stretch of th egame!

Anyway, all of Into the Breach:

IdealGlisteningFallowdeer-max-14mb.gif
Haven't managed to get a successful run yet but I enjoyed the rounds I played of it over the holidays.

Another Giant robot moment was in the Atari Tranformers PS2 were there was the reveal that the Aircraft Carrier you were infiltrating throughout the level was the colossal Decepticon Tidal Wave and you have to fight him, the run of Armada I was watching at the time hadn't gotten as far as his appearance so it came out of nowhere playing it for the first time.

predalien27

Nov 18, 2017
Standby for Titanfall!

I've heard those words hundreds of times by now and it never gets old. Really wish we get another one of those games.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Unlocking your first mech in Xenoblade X after navigating on foot for 20+ hours was amazing.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The final boss of Lost Planet 1 immediately comes to mind.

All of Chromehounds and Mechassault 2 as well.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Does this count? It should.

Of course it does, and it's a great pick!

Id destroying the Iggdrasil in Xenogears will always be the definite moment ever.

... but this is my pick for favorite ever, yeah. It's not just an unforgettable scene, it's a huge "shit just got real" moment that marks a pivotal change in the game's entire narrative. Until then (a few dozen hours!), and outside a few scenes that are pretty much cryptically unparseable without the benefit of later knowledge, the game seems to be about political strife between warring nations, more or less grounded sci-fi, and relatively realistic mecha. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course! But then along comes Id, the father of all outside context problems, and single-handedly changes the genre of the game.

Incidentally, my own username, picked around that time, was meant to be the name of Id's gear, which is never named in the game (I believe it was Perfect Works that names it Weltall-Id). It made sense to me to follow the convention set by Weltall 2 and call it Zero, given that Id's was Weltall's "original", unsealed form.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Dropping a Titan directly on someone's head then jumping in to continue fighting is always a rush.

The Rex and Ray fight in MGS4. One of the few things I liked about that game.

Steel Battalion. I was one of the lucky few that got the full Steel battalion controller set. One of the best mech experiences you can get.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Playing through R.A.D. Robot Alchemic Drive on the PS2 is the best mech moment in games for me.

It's just so cool being able to remote control a giant robot while being careful to position yourself so you can see the battle and avoid getting hurt.

And the voice acting is deliciously terrible. I love it!

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The entirety of Xenoblade Chronicles X from the moment on you get your mech.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
There are lots of amazing mechs and games, but my favorite moment has to be what happened during last mission of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries.

My mech lost all weapons in quite early part of the fight and I parked it within one of the craters near the inner wall and turned power off.
There I sat while crater wall was bombarded with missiles and other munition and let my lancemates handle the rest of the battle.

This is something that can rarely happen in many modern games as player usually has to be one doing damage to enemies and friendlies are incredibly incompetent.