• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Mario Party?

• MP 1, 2, or 3.

Votes: 148 67.9%
  • MP 4

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • MP 5

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • MP 6

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • MP 7

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • MP 8

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • MP 9

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
3 and 6. Went back to those two the most.

Putting 1 - 3 together in the poll torpedoes the results.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally dont like the mario parties with the most randomness. Dont get me wrong, a good chunk of randomness is fine because you gotta keep mario party mario party, but i want to at least be able to choose my item and choose who i want to duel and for what. Give me a LITTLE sense of agency.

Havent played all of them yet, just 5 & 7. On 5 you can choose who you duel and have the chain chomps which is nice, but the items are random. On 7 you can choose which item you can buy and who you duel but the duels have random results. Which one is the least random? (while still retaining that chaotic mario party spirit)

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
2, 3 and 4 personally are my top choices of fun maps, good items, and fun minigames. I think I'd choose 3 though because it also had that fun mode with the partners. I do have to say this poll was horribly botched by grouping 1, 2, and 3. Personally I'd have done 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and other as the choices (People don't really favor 1, right? It's kind of a mess and controller destroyer lol).

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly, pretty sure 6 was my absolute favourite. It felt like all the ideas from previous games were merged together into the best MP experience they could make. If I have one quibble, it's that they didn't introduce any cool new characters.

9 onwards are so disappointing.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
5 is my favorite. I love the Hotel Goomba and Chain Chomp mini games so much. The mic in 6 did not work as well as I needed it to.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
3 or 4.

I don't really have a favorite, just I stopped liking them after they started to remove the items, and characters(RIP DK)

I sure wish there was a new traditional Mario Party with full online play.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
3 and 6. Went back to those two the most.

Putting 1 - 3 together in the poll torpedoes the results.
Yep.

3 & 6. 3 had the best minigames and a really cool co-op board game mode where you recruited NPC creatures to fight/defend for you on the board, 6 had the day/night cycle and some really cool boards.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Super Mario Party not on the list? Also 1, 2, and 3 are all going to be very very popular so it's wild to clump them together, at least give the later games a chance by giving them the combo.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Probably Mario Party 10, but it's also the freshest in my mind and is connected to some of my greatest Mario Party memories. Bowser Party mode with six players (Two co-oping as Bowser vs. Four players) is some great fun if you've got a crew that's into it.

I asked my wife Saturday night actually if she wanted to play Mario Party and she chose ten, as it and Super Mario Party were what I had handy, and she specifically asked for the "One without the grid", implying Mario Party 10.