• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
Anyone played Shot Online here ? It's definitly my favorite, I think it's the first mmo I really played and the only one I put money into.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
New Turf Masters and Links on the xbox have still not been topped. So far ahead of the composition its mental.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Golf Story for its wonderful personality and world.
Desert Golfing for its concept of near-endless golf and its perfect simplicity.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
38932-super-monkey-ball-2-gamecube-screenshot-monkey-golf.jpg

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
pangya.png

Screenshot%20%28231%29.jpg

Would have to be Pangya. I've been playing it on and off since its release in 2005 (US version). Outside of Pangya, the only other golf game that I've put more than a few hours in would be Everybody's Golf. While I enjoyed playing Everybody's Golf it just wasn't able to hook me like Pangya did. I do plan on jumping back into Everybody's Golf on PS4 once the VR update is released.

So much this! Aside from the GBC and GBA Mario Golf games Pangya on PC is the only golf game I really love, the mechanics were great, the courses were fantastic and the overall presentation was straight up magical! I'm really sad the PC version got shut-down :( I know we have the mobile version atleast but that feels somewhat hollow and has a insane difficulty curve :/

And I'll use this chance to post my favorite music-track from Pangya:

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Golf on the N64. I haven't liked any of the other ones after that one for some reason.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Golf Advance Tour. It's yet to be topped IMO. I'm really enjoying Neo Turf Masters via Switch as well. The animation is insane (it's Nazca after all).

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
New Turf Masters and Links on the xbox have still not been topped. So far ahead of the composition its mental.

I came in here wanting to say something about this needing to be "Neo Turf Masters: The Thread." I spent a good time thinking about what other golf games I've played and there were a few contenders, like Minna no Golf 2 - the game that got me into golf games, and even the hotness that was Mario Golf on the 3DS, or another DS hidden gem called True Swing Golf.... but Neo Turf Masters is the one golf game I STILL pick up and play whenever I have a space half hour to kill. It's got that charm and feels ahead of its time with the little commentary blurbs between holes, those great jams, and a pace that made it a good mover of coin in the arcade despite being a golf game.

Links for the XBOX... damn I forgot all about that one, but YES. Of the modern generation of golf games, that one is probably the best. If they made a new one, I'd have a good reason to fire up the XBone again.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
There's this Korean mmo golf game me and my brother played a long long time ago called Albatross. Shit was tight! Pretty sure it's still played today

BlueBlaze

Oct 29, 2017
So much this! Aside from the GBC and GBA Mario Golf games Pangya on PC is the only golf game I really love, the mechanics were great, the courses were fantastic and the overall presentation was straight up magical! I'm really sad the PC version got shut-down :( I know we have the mobile version atleast but that feels somewhat hollow and has a insane difficulty curve :/

And I'll use this chance to post my favorite music-track from Pangya:

I 100% agree about the mobile version. While it's great to be able to play the game on a mobile device there is just too much missing from the game. Music is also a massive step down when compared to the PC version. While it may not be possible to play on the official servers the game can still be played on private servers. If you're interested in playing on a private server I would be more than happy to walk you through the process via PM. This goes for anyone that would like to play the game again! Just send me a PM and I'll help get you started.

There's this Korean mmo golf game me and my brother played a long long time ago called Albatross. Shit was tight! Pretty sure it's still played today

Another Pangya fan! "Albatross 18" was the name used for the western release in 2005. The name was changed back to it's original name "Pangya" in 2009 when Ntreev (Developer of Pangya) decided to take control of publishing the game in west. The game was shutdown in 2016. Now the only way to play the game is on a private server.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Tiger woods 14 historic masters edition. Only reason my ps3 is still plugged in.

Non console wise, it's golden tee.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004, mostly because its the one I had. 2003-2006 were all pretty great though, sucks the franchise never reached those heights again.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
God, I don't think I have a good answer to this. I've enjoyed so many golf games over the years. Links 386 introduced me to the genre and it still follows (maybe established?) the template for most modern golf games. It taught me what a mulligan was, and boy did I use a lot of them when I played it.

This is almost certainly NOT the best golf game, but I think it might be my sentimental favourite: Super Golf for Game Gear. I played so much of that game, the soundtrack is awesome, and the simplified mechanics and top-down perspective really distill golf down to its essence. But mostly the soundtrack is awesome.

Wii Sports Golf is an obvious one, but it's let down a little bit by the lack of courses. But of all the Wii Sports games it's easily my favourite (though shout-out to Wii Bowling yo). It's also the one that feels the most like the sport it's trying to emulate.

The early 90s version of SimGolf is great because it's not actually a golfing game, but a golf course management sim, and it stands essentially alone in that respect. I'd love to see a modern remake of this, preferably one that leans away from the current trend in theme park sims towards sandbox play with few objectives.

Honourable mention to Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational for Vita and Everybody's Golf for PS4; I didn't spend as much time with those games as I should've, maybe, but I do remember enjoying them a lot.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Sim Golf. Easy. Loved making the courses and then going around trashing fools on them.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good move. Not sure if this gonna get Xbox any exclusives, but it should give Xbox some Japanese games would have skipped the platform otherwise.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's a bit of a swing between Pebble Beach on the NES (mostly because of fond memories of it and playing it with my dad a whole lot) and Pangya on PSP. Everybody's Golf on PS4 and Super Swing Golf 2 (Pangya) on Wii are very much up there, though.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% agree about the mobile version. While it's great to be able to play the game on a mobile device there is just too much missing from the game. Music is also a massive step down when compared to the PC version. While it may not be possible to play on the official servers the game can still be played on private servers. If you're interested in playing on a private server I would be more than happy to walk you through the process via PM. This goes for anyone that would like to play the game again! Just send me a PM and I'll help get you started.

Another Pangya fan! "Albatross 18" was the name used for the western release in 2005. The name was changed back to it's original name "Pangya" in 2009 when Ntreev (Developer of Pangya) decided to take control of publishing the game in west. The game was shutdown in 2016. Now the only way to play the game is on a private server.

Yeah, I thought about playing the mobile-version on a Android Emulator on PC and see how that fairs but sadly the game doesn't support multi-login too well :/ And I might get back to you on that, how's the state of the private servers at the moment? I tried looking into one before but it seemed quite incomplete.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the RPG aspect of this game. So addicting. Hot Shots World Invitational is another high one for me. Actually the whole franchise is just the best. The open world PS4 version is amazing. And they're doing a VR version now too. I wish they would do more on the RPG side of that series.
If any of the Mario Golf sequels actually improved on it, I wouldn't know, Mario Golf GBC is the only one I've played.

BlueBlaze

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I thought about playing the mobile-version on a Android Emulator on PC and see how that fairs but sadly the game doesn't support multi-login too well :/ And I might get back to you on that, how's the state of the private servers at the moment? I tried looking into one before but it seemed quite incomplete.

It varies depending on the private server. The one I play on has all the content up to the last patch released in the west. The only missing content would be what was released in other regions (Japan and Korea). Mainly clothing, equipment, and items. The final course that only Japan ended up getting is also not in the game (Mystic Ruins). As far as issues with the game go, there are a few here and there but nothing that takes away from the experience. Heck, I'd argue the game runs better due to the fact GameGuard is no longer being used.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is the pinnacle of golfing games.

At least the ones I've played. I would love to see a new entry for Switch tbh.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
The first golf game I played was Pebble Beach Golf on the NES and it's a game I can still go back to and play now. There have been plenty of other golf games I have played over the years that are more enjoyable but it's just fun to go back and play that first one. The great music definitely helps as well.

Special mention has to go to the Frisbee golf game within Sports Champions on PS3. It's still my favourite game to play with the Move.