• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Links 2004. Access Software made best golf games since Leaderboard Golf
I also say Links 2004. Played it on original Xbox.
It was amazing connecting it to XSN Sports on your computer and you could join tournaments. Each stroke was so critical to get to the top of the leaderboards. My heart would be racing with nearly every shot.
I felt the physics were fantastic and if you had a bad shot you knew what you did wrong. It was no fantasy golf like some of the Tiger Woods or Hot Shots.
Oh the nostalgia.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
PGA 96 on the 3DO, but that's a purely subjective view based on my memories of playing the game with friends back in the day. It is in no way the best golf game.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone remember Links for the Xbox? It may have been the first game that let you play multiplayer simultaneously and you could see the paths of the golf balls for other players. And they had an online tournament web infrastructure for setting up matches. I'm not sure if I liked that better than HSG overall, but I sunk a lot of time into that and enjoyed it a ton.
Sure do. See above. Loved it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Guess the golf game...

ShorttermImpoliteHusky-small.gif

Jan 20, 2019
What, no love for the Golden Tee arcade cabinets?

In seriousness, my vote is Golf Story. Such a charming little game, it really gets you "sucked in", as they say.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Rugrats search for reptar mini golf lol. Serious answer Mario golf advance tour and despite being so barebones really enjoyed Rory Mcilroy for what it was.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Everybody's Golf 2 on PSP is the pinnacle - though all EG games are excellent, can't wait for VR.

Mario Golf 64 is also the shit and for all the old timers out there like me - big shout out to World Class Leaderboard on the C64.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Mario Golf 64.
I've very fond memories of playing it with friends. Here's hoping there's a new entry on its way!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Mario Golf on Game Boy Color. I'm disappointed that I somehow lost it.

It's the only game I've ever lost. Well, not counting one that I think was stolen.

Runners-up would be Hot Shots Golf on PS2 and Mario Golf 64.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody's Golf for PS4 honestly, it's just a relaxing fun game and I like create-a-characters and dressing my character up, I admit it.
This would be my answer if not for those crazy load times.

As it stands, Golf Story is my favourite, even if the actual golf of it isnt the best there has been

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
It's really hard to pick one but Everybody's Golf probably. I still pop it in every now and then. Golf Story was great too as well as the Mario golf games.

Golf games are the only sports games I play. They're just so relaxing. I like to get in a good 18 holes with my morning cup of coffee.

OP
OP
Creation_Scapes
Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to pick one but Everybody's Golf probably. I still pop it in every now and then. Golf Story was great too as well as the Mario golf games.

Golf games are the only sports games I play. They're just so relaxing. I like to get in a good 18 holes with my morning cup of coffee.
Yup they are definitely relaxing.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite is Mario Golf: World Tour, which was surprising, as I never thought anything would beat Hot Shots Golf Fore or the N64 Mario Golf for me. The fantasy courses were great, and there was SO much satisfying content!

I also love We Love Golf on the Wii, Tiger Woods on the Wii, and PANGYA.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
This would be my answer if not for those crazy load times.

As it stands, Golf Story is my favourite, even if the actual golf of it isnt the best there has been

I enjoyed Golf Story quite a bit too but I feel like it just isn't as fun a game to pick up and play as Everbody's is. They're both doing there own thing though and there's plenty of room for both.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Recently really enjoyed Golf Story, but my all time favourite will always be PGA Tour Golf II on the Megadrive. Loved that game, played it to death. The Tiger Woods games with the analogue swing modes were damn good too, but PGA takes it. That, Madden '92 and EA Hockey were excellent fun. Didn't have a clue about American football or ice hockey, but the games were so damn fun.