• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We'll go ahead and be generous and say that any game that can run on the machine counts, including homebrew and CPC conversions.

Mine is pretty obviously Sonic the Hedgehog:

A close second would be Ghosts n Goblins:

If we're limiting ourselves to just retail released games, I guess I'd go with Pang

What's your favorite GX4000 game?

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest that I didn't know about the GX4000 until reading about the Sonic project a few weeks back, but I'd just like to say that the fan port of Ghosts N Goblins is really impressive.

Fantastic stuff.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
This had led me down an interesting path: I remember Game Zone magazine from the 90s, and one of their things was that on the letters page, for the "Crap Letter Of The Month", they'd give away the GX4000 (With Burnin' Rubber, naturally). And now I've looked, and that seems to be a magazine that's been memory holed from history; I can find a few archives of covers, but I can find *no* archives of the content.

I wonder if I've still got any issues at home.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This had led me down an interesting path: I remember Game Zone magazine from the 90s, and one of their things was that on the letters page, for the "Crap Letter Of The Month", they'd give away the GX4000 (With Burnin' Rubber, naturally). And now I've looked, and that seems to be a magazine that's been memory holed from history; I can find a few archives of covers, but I can find *no* archives of the content.

I wonder if I've still got any issues at home.

if you do, you should consider scanning them and adding them to RetroMags, which aims to try and document and maintain all the old game magazines that no longer exist.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Not really on topic, but my first brush with gaming was an Amstrad CPC 6128 - yay for a disk drive!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
if you do, you should consider scanning them and adding them to RetroMags, which aims to try and document and maintain all the old game magazines that no longer exist.

Yeah, the thought has crossed my mind (indeed, that was one of the places I was searching for scans). Not something I could do any time soon; I assume anything from that era is still at my Mum's, unless they had a clearout at some point.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
My friend has a GX400 and a flash cart, played a number of games on it but the only one that really stuck out as decent was Pang/Buster Brothers. The rest of the games just felt either mediocre or straight up garbage. I can see why this system never got a US release and languished in obscurity overseas.