• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your fave?

• Pi

Votes: 39 6.5%
  • Requiem for a Dream

Votes: 116 19.4%
  • The Fountain

Votes: 139 23.3%
  • The Wrestler

Votes: 140 23.5%
  • Black Swan

Votes: 108 18.1%
  • Noah

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • mother!

Votes: 45 7.5%

• Total voters

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
The Fountain struck a chord with me that most movies don't, so I'll have to choose it.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Wrestler is great. Requiem is probably his most popular/famous film, but it's way too maudlin for my taste.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It's definitely no mother! and I've never seen Noah or The Wrestler, but the rest I'm sort of split on?

I kind of wish I had an anti-vote.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
15 year old me would say Requiem for a Dream but I've been unable to re-watch that movie since a family member overdosed on heroin. Black Swan or the Wrestler would be my actual picks.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I voted for mother! because I figured no one else would. It is a great movie and so unfairly hated. I love most of his movies, he completely lacks in subtlety but it almost always works for me. Black Swan was one of the first movies I've seen outside of typical action/superhero/blockbuster movies at the theater and made me realize how much more there is to offer outside of what I was comfortable with so I will always be thankful for it. Kudos to Clint Mansell who has composed most of his music and always does an amazing job.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The Fountain

Felt like a perfect vehicle for his form of melodrama. Both actors bring their A-game, music is transcendent, the concept is grand AF, and the visuals will always hold up.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
The fountain resonated with me in a way that's hard to describe. Sounds lame, but it really was something special to me.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
I watched The Fountain for the first time on a cruise ship during a storm while mildly seasick.

Dope film.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Requiem by faaaaaaaaaar. I like Black Swan and The Wrestler too, but Aronofsky has been disappointing to follow throughout the years, mostly because he isn't putting in enough work during the writing phase. I've enjoyed a single film he has a writing credit on (Requiem), and that was an adaptation.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
This is really hard to be honest. The Wrestler, Black Swan, and mother! would probably be my top 3. The Wrestler and Black Swan are almost companion pieces, though, so perhaps I should toss Requiem in there. Used to love The Fountain, but it hasn't held up as I've grown older.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I watched mother! with my heavily pregnant wife... Oh boy don't think she'll forgive me for that one! Haha.

Requiem was always my favourite, but it's been a long time since I watched so not sure if that will still hold true (amazing soundtrack though)

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wow, did not realize he did all of these. Funny, his first and latest are my faves, and I guess I really need to watch Black Swan finally.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I have seen most of his stuff and I enjoy it all to some degree. The stop motion sequence in Noah was amazing. I'm torn between Black Swan, the Wrestler, and the Fountain but I'm leaning towards the Wrestler.

Yes

Oct 28, 2017
I should rewatch Requiem. It's been 15-ish years since I saw it. Liked it then tho. Liked The Wrestler and Black Swan too. Didn't really connect with The Fountain.

Not going to vote between The Wrestler and Swan.

Noah is shit.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Requiem for a Dream high on shrooms still haunts me to this day. Get's my vote.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Pi
saw it in the theater! Requiem is likely the better film and somehow I haven't seen the fountain or wrestler. Huh.

edit. Looking at the poll results and this isn't is mathematics, max, this numerology

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
If forced to pick, Pi. I laughed through the whole thing.

Edit: for you peeps choosing Requiem for a Dream, ye gods, go see Christiane F. (1981) to take in a junkie film which doesn't suck.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Black Swan makes this a very easy poll.

I loved Mother! though. It got so much hate but sometimes you need a batshit crazy unique movie.

I haven't seen The Wrestler yet though.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
The Fountain isn't just my favourite Aronofsky film, I think it's his only good film. But it is really good.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect when I finally get around to Black Swan it'll be that, but for now it remains Pi. None his other films, even Requiem, that I've seen feel as raw or focused. Plus it's got that excellent Mansell soundtrack.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Mother!
Because I'm in it and ate Jennifer Lawrence's baby in it.

True story.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I gotta go with The Wrestler, one of the most gut wrenching films I have ever seen, also enjoyed Black Swan and mother!.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely the fountain. I have the original movie poster from when it first came out. Probably saw the film 4 times at the theatre. Also saw people walk out multiple times on those viewings. Just not for everyone I guess. But I loved everything about it. And that score is timeless.

Apal_ytos

Oct 29, 2017
Greece
The Fountain is one of my top-5 movies of all time, which is weird because I didn't like any of his other movies that I've seen.
The Fountain's OST is also in my top-5

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
The Wrestler is perfect. Black Swan is brilliant too. I loved Requiem for a Dream, but it's been a while since I saw it so I should revisit.